No it is NOT FAKE. http://news.google.c...hl=en&q=Izhmash

Lots of legit news sources picking this story up.

Likely they will oporate under what ever restructuring occurs. I doubt Russia would let this factory fail.

Sorry, my mistake.. I have a pretty strong anti-Pravda.ru bias. They've definitely gotten a lot things wrong before. I believe a few years ago, Israel should have become the 51st state of America according to them. I guess no one is right all the time. Plus I found it hard to believe in general, I suppose. So when you combine hard-to-believe stories with them coming from an untrustworthy source, I get dismissive. Imagine how you'd feel, if you knew of a politician that kept their campaign promise?

Edited by raftman
they should find the biggest baddest jewish attorney in manhatten and sick them on the other factories that dont have licensing contracts with them. Hell, all they need to do is remind Israel that they had a HUGE hand in wiping the nazis out.

Aside from the offense nature of the first half of that statement the second half shows a server lack of knowledge concerning the history of Jews in Russia. Try googling "pogrom" that should at least get you started. Further the red army killed its fair share of Jews.

:huh: Yeah it was kind of a racist/asshat comment. :huh:

So from what I gathered the Molot factory (Izhmash owned) is shut down completely and their primary factory in Izhevsk is only producing 2 days a week. Since Russia bailed out other arms makers (like Sukhoi)I have no doubt they will never allow Izhmash to end production for good. I really hope that small orders like the ones RAA and Arsenal has are honored before any restructuring.

If this is indeed a Bankruptcy, (IMO) there is little question that there will be a disruption in production until the court has approved a restructuring arrangement. What this means in terms of the US market for Saiga weapons is an unknown quantity.

If the Administration continues to defer the gun control agendas in favor of health care, there may be little effect. If however, the government gets its current agenda settled, and turns its attention to the gun control agenda - prices are likely to go through the roof - overnight.

Could I be wrong.... sure. Am I likely to be wrong? At this point, I don't think so.

WS (We'll See)

they should find the biggest baddest jewish attorney in manhatten and sick them on the other factories that dont have licensing contracts with them. Hell, all they need to do is remind Israel that they had a HUGE hand in wiping the nazis out.

Aside from the offense nature of the first half of that statement the second half shows a server lack of knowledge concerning the history of Jews in Russia. Try googling "pogrom" that should at least get you started. Further the red army killed its fair share of Jews.

yeh, Im sorry.

still, with the right attorney....who knows....

I know the Russians have been over here harassing American manufacturers over American made AK's, but I am not aware that they have ever taken legal action here to assert their alleged rights in the design. I am not an attorney, but I suspect that under US law they may not have standing to do so.

Doubtful that Izhmash will go away as an arms manufacturer, but if they do, I doubt there would be any real barriers to producing a US made AK 12 gauge.

Just my two cents.

WS

I know the Russians have been over here harassing American manufacturers over American made AK's, but I am not aware that they have ever taken legal action here to assert their alleged rights in the design. I am not an attorney, but I suspect that under US law they may not have standing to do so.

Doubtful that Izhmash will go away as an arms manufacturer, but if they do, I doubt there would be any real barriers to producing a US made AK 12 gauge.

Just my two cents.

WS

Except it would likely be a good deal more expensive, given labor costs. While the average Russian is by far better paid than someone like the average Chinese worker; predictably, the average American earns by far more still.

yeh, Im sorry.

still, with the right attorney....who knows....

Its all good bro. It takes a tender man to deliver such an eloquent apology. :lolol:

name='WaffenSchmied' date='23 September 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1253679454'

If however, the government gets its current agenda settled, and turns its attention to the gun control agenda - prices are likely to go through the roof - overnight.

Could I be wrong.... sure. Am I likely to be wrong? At this point, I don't think so.

WS (We'll See)

Schmled:> I think they lack about 6 votes in the house and 3 votes in the senate to pass anything right now. But you are correct, even the mention of gun control will cause prices to raise....

Prices seem to also raise when the NRA has membership drives... I wonder why???

:alucard:

Edited by bigsal

it would likely be a good deal more expensive, given labor costs. While the average Russian is by far better paid than someone like the average Chinese worker; predictably, the average American earns by far more still.

Yes but it could be manufactured in the correct configuration. How much would an already "converted" AK 12 gauge of better build quality worth to you?

name='WaffenSchmied' date='23 September 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1253679454'

If however, the government gets its current agenda settled, and turns its attention to the gun control agenda - prices are likely to go through the roof - overnight.

WS (We'll See)

Schmled:> I think they lack about 6 votes in the house and 3 votes in the senate to pass anything right now. But you are correct, even the mention of gun control will cause prices to raise....

Prices seem to also raise when the NRA has membership drives... I wonder why???

:alucard:

Perhaps it is that interest in NRA membership peaks when people feel their rights are most at risk. From a marketing perspective, this is most likely the absolute best time for a membership drive.

It is chilling to think that we live in a time when rights our forefathers fought and died for, for which our own immediate family members continue to put life and limb at risk, are in danger of being expunged one by one, through underhanded bureaucratic maneuvering.

Since you brought it up, if you haven't yet joined NRA - there's no time like the present.

WS

Maybe they should strike that part of that 1996 agreement that forbids the importation of most Russian firearms, that'd expand their market big-time. Izhmash has made some very nice guns in recent years and I think they'd sell like crazy if they were available. The only reason they passed the ban to begin with is because the antis were afraid of that we'd get flooded with high quality and inexpensive firearms. Gee what a nightmare that would be, having people being able to get reliability and quality for less. In particular, they demonized the Makarov (which is Izhmash-made, by the way), emphasizing that it was the "favored weapon of the KGB."

I don't think Russia will be without an arms Company...

They will prop them up like we did GM.....

And will always be happy to bring in American cash......

I think it will effect very little IMO.....

I heard on public radio that the world has plenty of money for investments. The problem is that there is a lot of skeptism on many investments out there that investment bankers are stimyed towards making a move. I'm sure once the books open and the right people are able to see how profitable Izhmash can be, that there will be an influx of money that would bring new blood into the company. Its just a matter of "wait and see". Until then.... just like last year, let the panic buying begin. :rolleyes::cryss:

• Like 1

I heard on public radio that the world has plenty of money for investments. The problem is that there is a lot of skeptism on many investments out there that investment bankers are stimyed towards making a move. I'm sure once the books open and the right people are able to see how profitable Izhmash can be, that there will be an influx of money that would bring new blood into the company. Its just a matter of "wait and see". Until then.... just like last year, let the panic buying begin. :rolleyes::cryss:

UPDATE:

Izhmash was purchased by Cerberus Capital Management, who plans to build a factory in the US in order to offer a wider range of high demand products to Izhmashs' largest civilian consumer base.

UPDATE:

Izhmash was purchased by Cerberus Capital Management, who plans to build a factory in the US in order to offer a wider range of high demand products to Izhmashs' largest civilian consumer base.

That is absolutely hilarious... Failed Chrysler owner Cerberus purchasing Izhmash to produce Russian guns here?! ROFLMAO!!! I look forward to seeing the first "US made" Saiga roll off the line (somewhere in Mexico) with the receiver mounted backwards and upside down and a sticker price in excess of $18,000.

You ARE kidding, right?

WS

• Like 2

Guys, don't worry. Everything will be good. It's possibly just another turn of re-sharing the company. Even such idiots as our government would never bankrupt Izhmash. They've got a huge government contract and even bigger sales in civil firearms.