Newb from AZ

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum and actually joined over 6 months ago but i was having lots of issues logging into the old forum so I gaveup. Decided to check it out again today and it let me log in.. Anyways I already have a stock saiga 12 and have some promags and a md drum. Im just surfing the site for cool info. So far this forum is awesome and cant wait to start learning more about these shotties... Ive already checked my gas ports and I have 2 that are showing fully and the 3rd is near the edge but I can still fit a paper clip thru it to the barrel so I would consider it 3 holes... The drum worked great but stupid me... I was shooting it off my hip and i was wondering why it was jamming :unsure: but anyways you live and learn. Anyone from az near Buckeye give me a shout and we can shoot some lead...

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum and actually joined over 6 months ago but i was having lots of issues logging into the old forum so I gaveup. Decided to check it out again today and it let me log in.. Anyways I already have a stock saiga 12 and have some promags and a md drum. Im just surfing the site for cool info. So far this forum is awesome and cant wait to start learning more about these shotties... Ive already checked my gas ports and I have 2 that are showing fully and the 3rd is near the edge but I can still fit a paper clip thru it to the barrel so I would consider it 3 holes... The drum worked great but stupid me... I was shooting it off my hip and i was wondering why it was jamming :unsure: but anyways you live and learn. Anyone from az near Buckeye give me a shout and we can shoot some lead...

Welcome to the forum.

Zenmetsu & Cammon are in AZ.

Cammon is on the board as I type this.

Buckeye lol. I live in Paradise Valley and Zen is in Mesa.

I kid I kid, welcome. Zen and I enjoy hitting up Usery Pass every now and then... but its on the far east end of Mesa(the opposite side of Phoenix from ricks).

Anyways, convert that sucker!

Welcome to the Forum! I live in Tempe myself... ahh college girls...

I lived in Tempe for 4 years and moved last October.

I was down there the other weekend... thank god I left. Mill ave looks like shit, the ASU sluts are Sluttier, and the people just seem like general assholes. I'd definitely be carrying everywhere if I still lived there.

I was down there the other weekend... thank god I left. Mill ave looks like shit, the ASU sluts are Sluttier, and the people just seem like general assholes. I'd definitely be carrying everywhere if I still lived there.

For real? I never got that vibe. Of course I've only been here 6 months so maybe I'm seeing it in a different light. AZ is great! It took me 10 days (mailbox to mailbox) to get my CCW and I do carry all the time anyway.

Slutty ASU girls... well I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I like the visuals. :angel: I have this theory that blue states or in this case blue cities are just not as friendly as their red counterparts.

I also got pinched by one of the biggest scams going, Photoradar (right by ASU coincidentally). I can't believe people down here even acknowledge a ticket that says they're guilty until proven innocent and expects them to sign their rights away when they mail it back in regardless of what they check off (pay fine, fight it, whatever). Then if you ignore the ticket (ie throw it away like you should) they fine you even more money for the city to send a process server which is what they're supposed to do in the first place! Needless to say I'll be winning that battle in court next month.

For real? I never got that vibe. Of course I've only been here 6 months so maybe I'm seeing it in a different light. AZ is great! It took me 10 days (mailbox to mailbox) to get my CCW and I do carry all the time anyway.

Slutty ASU girls... well I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I like the visuals. :angel: I have this theory that blue states or in this case blue cities are just not as friendly as their red counterparts.

I also got pinched by one of the biggest scams going, Photoradar (right by ASU coincidentally). I can't believe people down here even acknowledge a ticket that says they're guilty until proven innocent and expects them to sign their rights away when they mail it back in regardless of what they check off (pay fine, fight it, whatever). Then if you ignore the ticket (ie throw it away like you should) they fine you even more money for the city to send a process server which is what they're supposed to do in the first place! Needless to say I'll be winning that battle in court next month.

Don't bother. Throw it away and don't answer your door for strangers.

Yea, Photo radar is the biggest fraud in AZ. And it technically is a violation of AZ state law too. My suggestion if you have not is to visit http://camerafraud.com and find a location near you to sign the petition to put banning the cameras on next years ballot(which is doing very well btw).

Quick back story about photo radar. The system is run by a private Australian company Redflex. The scam vans do not have cops in them, they have Redflex employees operating them. The photo stations are monitored by Redflex employees. The "ticket" I like to think more of as a bill comes from Redflex. Redflex makes about 53% of the fine and the state receives the rest. This is where it is technically illegal, but like all other politicians they don't give a shit about their own laws. Anyways, it's illegal because there is a law that states that a business may not use your likeness and name for profit without your direct authorization.

But yea, the cameras suck. For one, they don't prevent accidents like they claim, in fact they cause more. I have had several friends receive violations at intersections where they were making a left turn and were clearing the intersection as the light went red(which in AZ is not uncommon at all as oncoming traffic won't stop until that light is red). And the cameras cannot compensate for the natural flow of traffic, which is generally 15 over the limit on the 101 until within 50 feet of the camera then everyone SLAMS ON THEIR BRAKES.

So yea, TL;DR: Fuck the scameras and our tyrannical government during the leadership of Nepolitano. I again apologize to the rest of the US for bringing you this cuntsack who now runs DHS. Department of Public "Saftey" my ass. More like Department of Stormtroopers.

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum and actually joined over 6 months ago but i was having lots of issues logging into the old forum so I gaveup. Decided to check it out again today and it let me log in..live and learn. Anyone from az near Buckeye give me a shout and we can shoot some lead...

Howdy!

I live in "Tukee" ville on the backside of South Mountain. I had some log-on issues at first also. Interestingly enough, the log-on problems seem to go away once I became a contributing member. So take it from me, that's was $20 well spent!

Welcome to the club! Keep your cruise control on 55 MPH when going through Central Phoenix and you won't have any problems with the photo radar.

Cheers,

Zonie

PS: Personally, I always enjoyed "slutty" ASU girls!

Don't bother. Throw it away and don't answer your door for strangers.

Too late, I practically walked right into the process server. :angry2:

So? I had one trying to serve me, walked right up to my door and they were there.

"Hi, are you Mr. ----"

--"He lives in this apartment. Is there something that I can help you with?"

"No, I have something to deliver to him."

--"Oh, I can do that for you"

"No, that is alright."

I then proceed to knock on my own door and chuckled a bit on the inside as the process server stood there. I went back to my car and went grocery shopping. Issue resolved. Best part, I did not even lie to the person. :lolol:

Granted they COULD have been trying to deliver a check for $400,000,000 or something to me... but I would rather not find out. If they cannot deliver it to my mailbox, I do not want.

Welcome. good to see the number of Az guys grow. +1 on the sweet sweet college sluts, I don't know how many times I have almost gotten into an accident starring at the pedestrians and not the road :eek: . I never really thought of Tempe as a bad place though, just full of drunken morons who have little to no respect for others. South Phx on the other hand, I wont go there without a weapon.

We should set up a Saiga shoot one of these days. Post up if you are interested, hopefully not for a few weeks though, my x39 is out getting refinished.

Lived in Tempe for a while, moved out to the west side of PHX, just south of the Cards Stadium, to save some money. House on my block sold for 20k (down from around 150-170) around the begining of the year, and rentals have dropped significantly here, rent in some parts of Tempe was still going up, and houses were just sitting, not dropping the price at the time, just made sense. Do miss Tempe though, lots of old hangouts, great food, relaxing neighborhood... and while i cant stand talking to college girls, they can be nice to look at.

The cameras are a big problem, as I understand some woman in scottsdale lost her appeal of a driving on a suspended license based on the claim that she never received a ticket from the camera, was never served, and was never notified that her license was suspended. It sounds to me like they have abandoned all semblance of the law, and as there are only like two judges handling the cam tickets, there is very little room to think it will be restored anytime soon. (how they must hate their jobs)

There's one judge fighting for the little guy. Arrowhead Justice Court Judge John C. Keegan thinks that photo radar is unconstitutional and throws out all the tickets. Basically, he's setting a precedent in this state.

The issue will most definitely show up on the ballots again, so make sure you're registered to vote. It's amazing how many people out there think it's a good thing to be policed by a private company from a foreign country. The contracts are up on Redflex next year (IIRC) and we can help prevent them from doing business here ever again.

Even ex-governor Janet Nappy said it was for revenue and not safety. Who's revenue? Australia's?

Whatever. Buy a Janet Napolitano mask and go crazy! If they can't identify the driver, then they can't legally enforce a damn thing. If they say a mask limits vision, then wear a helmet. They don't dare say anything bad about those...

Tempe... hmmm... it was a much better city back in the day, before it got commercialized out of uniqueness. Back when it still had a music scene with places like Long Wongs and Gibsons it was a lot funner. Now it's nothing more than an over-policed chain store district with a lack of parking. No thanks.

Whatever. Buy a Janet Napolitano mask and go crazy! If they can't identify the driver, then they can't legally enforce a damn thing. If they say a mask limits vision, then wear a helmet. They don't dare say anything bad about those...

Get a bike... then blow through a speed trap on the highway at 130mph+

I have seen it done before, and ID'ing the rider just is not going to happen if they have a helmet on.

Another option is to flood the inside of your vehicle with IR light. This will blind the camera but not you. I am looking into getting IR retro-reflective film. If I can find some, putting this on your glass will be an instant win as long as illumination is coming from the camera. Too often, however, they offset the flash and the camera so that such measures will not work. :)

There are lots of opportunities to use your Saiga in practical matches in AZ. 2nd Saturdays at Rio Salado Rifle/Shotgun Match, 4th Sundays at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club 3 Gun. I'll be at Phoenix Rod and Gun Club on Sunday the 27th for the match if you want to check it out.

I'm running a Halloween match in Tucson on 10-31: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=44087