Basic Saiga cleaning video posted

So, I couldn't find one anywhere else that was really worth a darn, so I'm posting a 4 part series of videos on youtube about quick cleaning of the Saiga. It would be great to get a little input from people on this forum who are certainly way more experienced than I am. It was just a quick shoot, and unless I've said something very off, then I don't really want to re-shoot it, but comments on the vid would be helpful for newer users (myself included) who have less experience in cleaning their weapons. I just know that when I first got my rifle, it was hard to find any videos that could help, and I was bored, so I thought I'd throw something up there.

Link to part 1:

• Like 1

Two by two.... hands of blue....:ph34r:

Hey Juggernaut, as a super duper uber moderator and longtime Saiga junkie, please let me know if you see any big mistakes. I don't want to be passing out bad info.. think its pretty straight forward, but experienced input would be great and I'll add comments or whatever if necessary.

how about the saiga-12 is it the same?? also, you should do one on an AR....

Unfortunately, I don't own a Siaga 12. Seems almost like it should be a crime on this forum, and I don't own an AR.. yet. I promised myself that if I could keep away from the tobacco for 2 months, I would order one. Thinking Stag 2T.

Good video, would be quite helpful to those new to the Saiga or AK rifles. I do wonder, though, why no one can pronounce Saiga right. :D Then I guess, no one pronounces Makarov correctly, either.

Curious, how is the correct pronunciation then??

It's not just you, I wouldn't take personally. At guns shows, gun stores, etc, almost always, everyone says it that same way. The "sai" part should actually be pronounced like the word "sigh," as opposed to the word, "say." Has to do with the fact that "a" in Russian language can only make the short-a sound, unlike English.

Edited by raftman

Yo Buzz,

Loved the video's! Good overall approach on how to clean 'um. My only suggestion is on the production side. More Light! Black really absorbs lighting so more is better. The details of the weapon get lost in the lack of contrast. Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work:super:! (I've seen some pro (allegedly) videos produced with less detailed content, and reaalllly bad video production:ded:.

Edited by Mickey3Gun
  • Like 1

Yo Buzz,

Loved the video's! Good overall approach on how to clean 'um. My only suggestion is on the production side. More Light! Black really absorbs lighting so more is better. The details of the weapon get lost in the lack of contrast. Just a suggestion.

Keep up the good work:super:! (I've seen some pro (allegedly) videos produced with less detailed content, and reaalllly bad video production:ded:.

Thanks man. Always a little nerve racking putting anything out for scrutiny, but so far good overall response. I totally agree that the light needs to be better. I'll keep an eye on that in the future. This one was really just off the cuff, I was about to start cleaning it and thought, what the heck, might as well just turn on the camera. Thanks for the input.

Ive been thinking about doing a "cleaning" video with my s-12. Screwdriver, garden hose, wd40, and motor oil baby!!!

Why would I risk get a yelling at from Tom for doing something like this? ....simple.....just to make the guys that spit shine their guns wince!

really though, good post. this really needs to be done for every model, and pinned up top of whatever section they apply to. it would help cut back on some repeated inquiries on the board.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...