Is this a good deal on Draco pistol?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

also most of the dracos already have an underfolder rear trunnion.

Posted Images

Those things are alot of fun, and a great value for something that would otherwise be limited to alot of custom work.

Though im pretty sure you can just tap the rear block for an Ace style hinge, rather than remove it and replace it.

Edited by ReverendFranz
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I have a Draco in hand now, but I just noticed the receiver seems slightly twisted. Is that fixable, or do I need to give Century a call?

Does it hand cycle?

Does it fire?

How much is "slightly" ?

They're all "slightly" twisted, to be honest, but you'd need special instruments to see.

If you don't like the way it looks - send it back.

Does it hand cycle?

Does it fire?

How much is "slightly" ?

It hand cycles okay. Not as smooth as my arsenal milled gun, but I wasn't expecting too much from a Romy. I haven't fired it yet, but it goes click reliably. by slightly, I mean it is visible when I have the top cover off. The rear trunnion is tilted roughly maybe about 2 degrees to the left compared with the front trunnion and sight block. It's subtle, but it's there.

The other option is to find a short barreled rifle with a permanantly attached muzzle extension (i.e: fake can) then have the extension removed once its registered SBR.

Like this one http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct426.aspx

(This ones a Yugo m92 but you get the idea.)

They actually sell them like that. Cugir recently started shipping us "SBRs with a permanent extension" (I can't find pix of the actual WASR atm)

r-5452.jpg

and underfolder equipped WASRs.

However, you'll end up refinishing (at a minimum) and/or damaging your barrel (if you don't know wtf you're doing) getting the extension off.

IMHO, it's lots easier to start with the pistol. If I was gonna spend the $200 tax to build one, the pistol is what I'd start with.

It is funny to see this thread I have been jonesing for a SBR AK and was recently wondering if a Draco pistol would make a good starting point. I think this will be my next purchase.

THESE ARE NOT MINE (but they sure are pretty). This is was a Champion pistol (the .223 sibling to the Draco)

DSC00044_edited.jpg

DSC00051_edited.jpg

This one started out as a Draco:

IMG_7537.JPG

Size comparison between a Draco pistol and a Romanian MD63

100_1150.JPG

The Draco and it's sibling the Champion make great donor guns for an SBR. The short gas system is tried and true, so no need for any wizardry to get the gas right. No barrel cutting involved, either (so your chrome is safe).

J&G Sales is backordered :ded:

I called them yesterday and they said they got 500 in last week and they only had 84 left. So I ordered it then. They said they would be getting more in the beginning of November too. Not the best quality of gun, but the price is right as Nalioth said.

...Not the best quality of gun, but the price is right as Nalioth said.

Just because it's a Cugir gun, (well most of the parts are, at least), doesn't mean the quality is necessarily bad. I had a GP WASR 10/63 that was almost as good a shooter as my Saiga. It was quite accurate. It all depends on the individual rifle you get. Some are just ok.. some are very well put-together, (just roughly finished).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

The whole 16inch or longer barrel thing is such a PITA... It still fires the same damn bullets...

Retarded laws!

Just more reinforcement that I should have bought a house in Idaho !

No NFA fun here in WA!!! - well.. just AOW's...

Hmmm

Draco with an attached forgrip.. does that become an AOW - I'm not saying I'll do this...

/rants and thinking out loud - finished...

Just because it's a Cugir gun, (well most of the parts are, at least), doesn't mean the quality is necessarily bad. I had a GP WASR 10/63 that was almost as good a shooter as my Saiga. It was quite accurate. It all depends on the individual rifle you get. Some are just ok.. some are very well put-together, (just roughly finished).

Wow, I shot it today and it is very smooth and a lot of fun. It even has a G2 trigger, which I heard was a problem in the past. It's pretty uncomfortable to try to shoot through the sights though. Time for a one point sling.

Wow, I shot it today and it is very smooth and a lot of fun. It even has a G2 trigger, which I heard was a problem in the past. It's pretty uncomfortable to try to shoot through the sights though. Time for a one point sling.

The troop pictured in your avatar doesn't need a sling... pussy. :haha:

So everything's straight, (no canted sights etc), on your new Draco? Good, (if roughly finished), quality, would you say?

ah....

finally a pic of one with the 30 cal. 14x1 LH bird cage FH on......

that sucker works REALLY WELL on these.....gave one to a friend at the last shoot, and saw it with my own eyes. was kinda surprised at how well it worked for an inexpensive part on his AK pistol.....

The troop pictured in your avatar doesn't need a sling... pussy. :haha:

Ya but that's just a GSG :rolleyes:

So everything's straight, (no canted sights etc), on your new Draco? Good, (if roughly finished), quality, would you say?

Ya, all in all I'd say good quality. I didn't use the sights all that much, but with a 1 point I should be able to put tension on it and use it almost like a butt stock.

Me likey

post-19224-12558539334787_thumb.jpg