G20 Police scanner LIVE and unscrambled

Wow... This is pretty cool.

Dress rehearsal for martial law. "Unbelievable" that the MSM has shown absolutely NO coverage of the first day of the event.

This is just the Pittsburgh Police dedicated G20 channels. Have heard some interesting stuff. I'd love to hear the FBI/Secret Service/"Other" channels.

I have all those freqs, just not close enough to pick them up.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=2242

Tomorrow's another day.

It can be interesting to hear the difference between what the police say to each other when they don't think anyone's listening closely and what their media liaisons will say after the smoke (or CS gas in this case) clears. Although this time I think they're telling the truth (as much as they're able) regarding the street blockades, protesters masking up and also breaking into multiple small groups to make pursuit and capture difficult and/or impossible. The rock-throwing I'm skeptical about, it's not like it would be the first time someone trying to actually hurt people instead of break stuff turned out to be a provocateur. Wonder if anyone got a good look at his

They're pretty much hunkered down for the night it seems, but I found this video of an "arrest" today.

Something about the uniforms don't sit right with me... Have to ask the hubby to watch tomorrow, but I'm thinking these military-types aren't quite regulation.

I'll bet there's LOTS of G20 action tomorrow.

I also think I heard an LRAD being used on one video. Those things can KILL from what I've heard.

Bill of Rights anyone? Not in Pittsburgh.

well, in the event of WAR (which we are AT WAR, in case anybody forgot) the military may defend our countries' assests, even domestically, which includes our leaders, so this isnt a violation of law, as far as I can tell.....

the second video, that is.

I will remind everyone that an open attack gives all of us grounds to retaliate/defend ourselves.......

it looks like AF and ARMY to me, in the second vid....I guess he was trying to incite a riot/aka felony in progress.

They're pretty much hunkered down for the night it seems, but I found this video of an "arrest" today.

Something about the uniforms don't sit right with me... Have to ask the hubby to watch tomorrow, but I'm thinking these military-types aren't quite regulation.

I'll bet there's LOTS of G20 action tomorrow.

I also think I heard an LRAD being used on one video. Those things can KILL from what I've heard.

Bill of Rights anyone? Not in Pittsburgh.

Only thing I've heard so far about anyone who would be in military-type dress there is the National Guard. Also noticed the cops covering them including the guy with the shotgun presumably loaded with "less than lethal" ammo according to the color of the stock. As far as the guy getting stuffed in the car, he could either be a legit protester or a provocateur getting extracted before/because someone figured out what he was.

LRADs would be bad news. Both that they were being used and that they'd be being used on people most folks will say had it coming.

National Guard (at least around here, primarily Indiantown Gap) ALL wear ACU. Notice the guy in old woodland?

How about the guy with the ballcap on the other side of the Crown Vic?

Why would NG be in a Crown Vic anyway?

Lots of questions, no answers from that video.

There seems to be no G20 stuff going on now, but like I said, tomorrow is a diff story.

The Military has no business trying to police inside the domestic boundaries of the USA!

As to all the "unscrambled" BS that the OP titled the thread with...

There is a huge difference between using a trunking scanner to decode a digital or analog channel sharing scream, (Type 1, 2, 2i, EDACs, etc) and decoding (AKA "unscrambling") encrypted transmissions.

Edited by Azrial

The Military has no business trying to police inside the domestic boundaries of the USA!

I agree with that actually. I like watching the anarchists protest. They make a lot of noise and cause the state to reveal how their security apparatus deploys when under stress. I wonder if the powers that be know far more serious people are watching how things unfold?

:eek: BigSal *IS* watching! :eek:

well i live in Pittsburgh and know some cops we have about 300 officers in the city its self and the rest of the officers shown outside of the secret service zone around the convention center are other police from surrounding counties and states. Pittsburgh has temporarily hired most of the swat teams and their equipment from the surrounding tristate area. if you watch the local news you would see most of the equipment is marked with other Pd's names. in side the secret service zone are coast guard and NG troops.

the problem with events like this is that they attract unsavory types that try to take advantage of the situation. there were 14 protest on Thursday of which 13 were peaceful and undisturbed. The one that wasn't lead to 2 banks and 2 restaurants having windows broken,arrest of 19 protesters, and the local population cheering the police as they pushed the protesters away.

I believe that what happens is the when these big organizations of people form to protest it attracts some people who aren't necessarily interested in protesting as much as getting away with causing crime while the authorities aren't capable of prosecuting. this is how you get masked protesters showing up for a legal event they are there to break laws and get away with it.

also when you consider that projections of the number of protesters was to exceed 30,000 the forces expended are not ridiculous for such a small city as Pittsburgh.

well i live in Pittsburgh and know some cops we have about 300 officers in the city its self and the rest of the officers shown outside of the secret service zone around the convention center are other police from surrounding counties and states. Pittsburgh has temporarily hired most of the swat teams and their equipment from the surrounding tristate area. if you watch the local news you would see most of the equipment is marked with other Pd's names. in side the secret service zone are coast guard and NG troops.

the problem with events like this is that they attract unsavory types that try to take advantage of the situation. there were 14 protest on Thursday of which 13 were peaceful and undisturbed. The one that wasn't lead to 2 banks and 2 restaurants having windows broken,arrest of 19 protesters, and the local population cheering the police as they pushed the protesters away.

I believe that what happens is the when these big organizations of people form to protest it attracts some people who aren't necessarily interested in protesting as much as getting away with causing crime while the authorities aren't capable of prosecuting. this is how you get masked protesters showing up for a legal event they are there to break laws and get away with it.

also when you consider that projections of the number of protesters was to exceed 30,000 the forces expended are not ridiculous for such a small city as Pittsburgh.

Most of the people wear masks for fear of being Identified, not because they want to commit criminal acts. I mean really, you must get your information from other cops or something. You can go to the organizers various websites, they have a legitimate concern that they will be fucked with by authorities for simply participating. For this reason wearing masks seems VERY worthwhile. Now, if they wanted to actually change something, waving little signs around and chanting Kum-ba-ya really isn't the way to go... but you can't fault them for trying to protect themselves.

As to all the "unscrambled" BS that the OP titled the thread with...

There is a huge difference between using a trunking scanner to decode a digital or analog channel sharing scream, (Type 1, 2, 2i, EDACs, etc) and decoding (AKA "unscrambling") encrypted transmissions.

I agree with the reference to Posse Comitatus, but once again... Does it really mean anything if it isn't obeyed by TPTB?

As to the "unscrambled"... Yeah, I was just parroting what I found somewhere else. Don't worry, the husband already gave me a raft of s*** too.

It's just the open band apparently, but still interesting.

I also heard that the security is using that microwave "non lethal" weapon from a friend that lives in Mount Washington (a Pittsburgh suburb), but that's obviously second hand info.

Should be an interesting day.

LRAD is annoying as all get out just to be around even if your not in front of the thing. Any one else one been around one in use? It's the most annoying sound I've ever heard. It's like a cracked out, roided up car alarm from hell. I don't know about the thing being able to kill you. Seems extremely unlike, ok down right impossible to me. It's just a directional speaker that is really loud and extremely annoying. May cause hearing lose because of how loud it is but I can't imagine it doing any thing else other then make you annoyed (room full of screaming babies has nothing on the LRAD). Things are like the audio equevilate of tear gas. LRAD's are so freaking annoying and unpleasant that you just don't want to stick around if at all possible. Supposed to be a deterant and nothing more. I rather get hit with an LRAD then tear gas (I've been hit with CS before, IT SUCKS! Imagine doing lines of hot sauce :cryss: ) or less then lethal rounds (which leave really nasty bruises). Once you walk away from the LRAD that's it. I rather see LRAD's used to control an angry crowd then rubber bullets any day.

I don't have any first hand experiance with the non-lethal microwave bohound mentioned. It's supposed to excite the water in the nerve endings just under your skin so you feel like you're on fire and run away to get away from pain.

I have limited training on crowd control but it's general the people that are working up the crowd that you try to take down or chase off so they can't work every one else into a frenzy. Best thing to do is always try to diffuse any situation as quickly and safely as possible.

Seems like every agancy these days wants to be tacticool and dress like they are military or some sort of secret squirel group. Makes it hard to tell who is who when every one and his brother is wearing ninja suits cause they think it makes them a BAMF. :lolol:

Edited by Rusty truck

That video of what appears to be a kidnapping and not an arrest is disconcerting. It's pretty bad when the least-disturbing scenario is that the guy is actually an agents-provocateur being "rescued."

Looks like he's arrested to me..................

blog6_oc.jpg

Edited by Will

This has got to be a PR stunt of some type. No one in active duty milatary is wearing multicam that I know of (and you don't wear black boots with multicam from the proposiles I've seen to switch from ACU to multicam) Guys boots are unbloused, no unit patchs, flags, names, ranks, or branch of sevice on their uniforms. None of these clowns seem to know how to proporly detain some one. Looks like some one got their three biggest friends that are in shape together, gave then high and tight hair cuts and hit up a local military surplus store. I call BS on this PR stunt :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Ok, so lessons learned...

Don't use rental vehicles if you are a terrorist. & if you have a penskie truck, don't park in a no parking zone.

Avoid hotels

Carry a scanner if planning a terrorist attack.

I would think our law enforcment would get some encryption!!!!!!

HEY ASSHOLES! EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!!![

Kinad funny, a while ago someone with the right frequency crystals put out a "OFFICER DOWN, SHOTS FIRED" call over police frequencies to divert all the cops to another part of town...

While they robbed a bank!

Oh & bohound.....

The C.I.A. still uses ham radio.

They plat random sounds on select channels that mean different messages to those who know what to look for.

It is actually illegal to listen to those channels which "don't exist" Yes, a paradox, I know.

Not many have their H.A.M. licence anymore. It is still out there though.

Edited by Paulyski

This has got to be a PR stunt of some type. No one in active duty milatary is wearing multicam that I know of (and you don't wear black boots with multicam from the proposiles I've seen to switch from ACU to multicam) Guys boots are unbloused, no unit patchs, flags, names, ranks, or branch of sevice on their uniforms. None of these clowns seem to know how to proporly detain some one. Looks like some one got their three biggest friends that are in shape together, gave then high and tight hair cuts and hit up a local military surplus store. I call BS on this PR stunt :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Did you look at the picture that Will posted? Those are the same dudes that appear in the video posted of the kid getting shoved in the car. It's impossible to tell who these guys are actually working for, they aren't necessarily military. It seems the only type of identifying feature they have is on their armbands, which seem to contain ID. But a fake/staged PR stunt? Don't think so. There's a part 2 to that video. Notice the kid with the red bandanna standing in front of the car as the other kid is forced inside? He's arrested in the next part:

Is that video a staged PR stunt as well?

Ok, so lessons learned...

Lessons learned: Cops seem to be prepared for Laser-tag, but not for actual combat. If these protesters were not peaceful, they would be Fucked with all that gear. They look laughable, not intimidating... Also check it out: they are wearing a ton of protection down their arms,legs and torso but nothing protecting their midsection. A groin shot by one of the anarchists = win!

blog6_oc.jpg

Someone forgot to tell Co-Jack that the guy with the most padding is not the winner...

I was at the WTO protests back in 1999 when Clinton gave away our jobs. I drove up there when I heard it started because I wanted to see it first hand.

The Police secured the city, but all in all, they showed a lot of restraint, compared to other countrys who just kill or beat the crap out of everyone. A lot of people complained, but having been there I witnessed a LOT of restraint.

I go to all the big political protests that I hear of that I can get to. There was a great one around here when Bush got re-elected.

I go to them just to experience the mob mentality. I find the psychology of protests & groups of deindaviduized people fascinating, with regards to how a person with leadership ability can gain control of a mob, that as individuals the people would not follow.

I usually try to keep the dip-shits that try to taunt the cops quelled from within, but it would be interesting to see first hand how a person could manipulate the masses to go in the other direction.

Generally other than a little graffiti & broken Starbucks windows, non racially motivated political protests generally don't turn into all out riots.

Edited by Paulyski

The guys in cammo are national guard. National guard members at times let their uniforms get WAY out of regulation, I have been tempted to speak up more than once when I have seen this in my area. The order of the day may very well be to remove patches (notice the Velcro).

Edited by Paulyski

Lessons learned: Cops seem to be prepared for Laser-tag, but not for actual combat. If these protesters were not peaceful, they would be Fucked with all that gear. They look laughable, not intimidating... Also check it out: they are wearing a ton of protection down their arms,legs and torso but nothing protecting their midsection. A groin shot by one of the anarchists = win!

Someone forgot to tell Co-Jack that the guy with the most padding is not the winner...

Chances are that the robocop there probably has a cup on. Plus there's the matter of his buddies with the shotguns. I really wouldn't want to boot someone in the junk knowing full well that the next thing I'd be doing is looking for my teeth after someone "accidentally" shot me in the face with a baton round or something. It's not just the protective gear that's intimidating, it's the numbers, the weapons and the full knowledge that there pretty much is no such thing as self-defense when a cop's involved. He hits you or your buddy, you hit him, YOU go to jail for assaulting an officer (after possibly getting tuned up on the way to the car). That said, some people do still engage in "unarresting" other protesters when there's shit like this going on (if the arrestee isn't a provocateur and this is a pretext arrest) and it takes a lot of guts knowing that the best you can hope for is to not get beaten into a stain on the pavement.

As far as the two guys that got bagged in those two different clips, it's hard to tell if they could be provocateurs or not. On one hand, the second guy knows enough to have a contact number for legal representation written in sharpie on his arm. On the other, they don't seem to be getting the usual ride-you-into-the-concrete treatment even though they at least look like they're physically resisting. That's definitely odd.

For those who didn't see the video in the URGENT TINFOILHAT thread here is a repost of the LRAD in use.

WARNING: VERY VERY LOUD!!!!

Even listening to that on my computer was painful. I can't even imagine that standard hearing protection would be good enough. And that poor bastard with the camera was moving like his equilibrium was all shot to hell from it.

So what you're saying is that I need a scanner?

IF you can pick up Pittsburgh on a scanner, here are some USSS freqs. After a cursory perusal, I'm not sure what they would be using for the G20. Perhaps "Treasury Common freq"?

http://www.digivill.net/~iirg/csafed02.pdf

I'm told this is a fair to middlin' guide, as these guys take sigint seriously.

..... I would think our law enforcment would get some encryption!!!!!!

HEY ASSHOLES! EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!!![

Kinad funny, a while ago someone with the right frequency crystals put out a "OFFICER DOWN, SHOTS FIRED" call over police frequencies to divert all the cops to another part of town...

While they robbed a bank!

Oh & bohound.....

The C.I.A. still uses ham radio.

They plat random sounds on select channels that mean different messages to those who know what to look for.

It is actually illegal to listen to those channels which "don't exist" Yes, a paradox, I know. Not many have their H.A.M. licence anymore. It is still out there though.

Dude! We have several Hams on here and trust me, unless you are referring to Numbers Stations, the CIA is not spending much time on the Ham bands. Why, because Hams are very protective of their frequency allocations and would be monitoring, logging and reporting. Actually, their used to be a lot of spooky activity out past 10 and into 11 meters. Also, if it is in the Ham band, how would it be illegal to listen to the transmission?

Also I have not seen a rock bound police radio on YEARS!! Plus we know are own and you are not the first guy to suggest that disrupting critical emergency services would be fun. (Please remember that we are not helping the CIA bring about the New World Order we actually help and protect people, just as a cover mind you... :rolleyes:) As a Ham and a Cop I used to have a lot of fun "Fox and Hounding" malicious interference, but when I caught the "fox" he went to Jail. Let me tell you about my home-build Adcock array some time I had mounted on my cruiser.

Also it is Ham, not "H.A.M." because it does not stand for a thing!

BigSal, those guys are suited up for physically grappling with violent demonstrators, there is more there then meets the eye. Believe it or not, law enforcement knows a lot more about what it doing then you do...

Besides, I don't come down to the bowling alley and laugh and make fun while you are trying to mop up...

Edited by Azrial

Believe it or not, law enforcement knows a lot more about what it doing then you do...

Besides, I don't come down to the bowling alley and laugh and make fun while you are trying to mop up...

Thanks for being one of the good guys Azrial... I like to believe that most of the cops around here know "what's up", and in fact one of our friends turned 3 state troopers on to OathKeepers at a local watering hole the other night. They signed up on the spot!

There's hope yet for our Republic.

Thanks for being one of the good guys Azrial... I like to believe that most of the cops around here know "what's up", and in fact one of our friends turned 3 state troopers on to OathKeepers at a local watering hole the other night. They signed up on the spot!

There's hope yet for our Republic.

Thanks!

However, I honestly believe that the great majority of police fully intend to keep the oaths that they have already taken, to uphold the Constitution! I have no use for an Officers that feels otherwise.