G20 Police scanner LIVE and unscrambled

BigSal, those guys are suited up for physically grappling with violent demonstrators,

Thats Correct!

there is more there then meets the eye. Believe it or not, law enforcement knows a lot more about what it doing then you do...

Thats Incorrect!

Besides, I don't come down to the bowling alley and laugh and make fun while you are trying to mop up...

Snap! That was you watching me through the window! I knew it. Let me tell you that I think its very brave doing what your doing. I have always supported alternative lifestyles.

:smoke:

Edited by bigsal
However, I honestly believe that the great majority of police fully intend to keep the oaths that they have already taken, to uphold the Constitution! I have no use for an Officers that feels otherwise.

Funny, I don't have any use for the ones who don't uphold the oaths they take either. I just don't see how those oaths mesh well with things like tasering people for mouthing off, covering up a botched no-knock warrant, organizing "Red Squads" to spy on political groups or ginning up a nonviolent protest into a riot through the use of provocateurs. Doesn't help when the rest of them back up the ones who do such things either.

..... I would think our law enforcment would get some encryption!!!!!!

HEY ASSHOLES! EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU!!!![

Kinad funny, a while ago someone with the right frequency crystals put out a "OFFICER DOWN, SHOTS FIRED" call over police frequencies to divert all the cops to another part of town...

While they robbed a bank!

Oh & bohound.....

The C.I.A. still uses ham radio.

They play random sounds on select channels that mean different messages to those who know what to look for.

It is actually illegal to listen to those channels which "don't exist" Yes, a paradox, I know. Not many have their H.A.M. licence anymore. It is still out there though.

Dude! We have several Hams on here and trust me, unless you are referring to Numbers Stations, the CIA is not spending much time on the Ham bands. Why, because Hams are very protective of their frequency allocations and would be monitoring, logging and reporting. Actually, their used to be a lot of spooky activity out past 10 and into 11 meters. Also, if it is in the Ham band, how would it be illegal to listen to the transmission?

Also I have not seen a rock bound police radio on YEARS!! Plus we know are our own and you are not the first guy to suggest that disrupting critical emergency services would be fun. (Please remember that we are not helping the CIA bring about the New World Order we actually help and protect people, just as a cover mind you... :rolleyes:) As a Ham and a Cop I used to have a lot of fun "Fox and Hounding" malicious interference, but when I caught the "fox" he went to Jail. Let me tell you about my home-build Adcock array some time I had mounted on my cruiser.

Also it is Ham, not "H.A.M." because it does not stand for a thing!

Maybe that is what the report I heard was about... It was on a dateline or 20/20 type news show. Just a few years back.

When they asked the C.I.A. rep about it, they both denied it & retorted with the fact that it was not lawful to listen to it. That is the paradoxical occurrence I speak of.

Also I am not suggesting that interfering with emergency services would be fun. :rolleyes:

I am simply stating something that happened in my city a few years back. Encryption would have made it harder. But as it was, The robbers succeeded. The news report said that both things happened at the same time & it was suspected that they were related. The robbers got away, so it was never confirmed. Just one hell of a coincidence.

The statement "We know our own", is an over generalization.

Do you seriously think that if that call came out, that you would mull over weather or not you recognized the voice or not? I guarantee you that a person sounds different when they have just been shot than when they are calling in a plate number. Especially if their weak & gasping for air. Your statement may be true in a small department, but in Portland we have multiple large precincts bordering each other. not to mention the small neighborhood policing offices. To say everyone knew everyone's voice, even the rookie's would be ludicrous.

Edit to add; Do not take offence to the "hey assholes" Part of my post.

I am not trying to call the cops assholes, I am just confused & annoyed as to why they haven't encrypted yet.

40 year old obsolete military technology could make it a little more difficult to research police tactics & strategy. Many departments conduct drills on how they would deal with terrorist attacks. If terrorists plotting attacks hear their strategy over the scanner, they can more easily adjust to circumvent the police's efforts.

Edited by Paulyski

Encryption = Something to Hide.

Counter Surveilance is already illegal, lets just leave it at that. Civil servants should always endeavor to be transparent in their actions, so as to continue to seem accountable and accessible to the people. At the very least, if they were encrypted, reporters and concerned citizens should be able to request and receive the decryption scheme, at any time.

There are numerous online streams of scanners set to police frequencies, i used to regularly listen in the background at work, as more than a couple times, i found out something was happening in my area, and would like to know before i head home (chemical fire a couple blocks over). its just someones scanner that they wired to their computer, and allow you to stream, quite the civilian public service. Here is one. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/

The Ham broadcasts you are referring to are "numbers stations" the big use of them that i know of was organizing cuban nationals in preparation for bay of pigs, but they still broadcast off and on with regular frequency, mostly so that if they are ever needed again, their sudden reappearance wont automatically raise red flags that something is up. From what i understand, its mostly nonsense broadcasts, now. I dont know anything about them being illegal to listen to, though i think if you ever cracked a code (unlikely) and were recording them, Johnny Spook might have a problem with that.

They're pretty much hunkered down for the night it seems, but I found this video of an "arrest" today.

Something about the uniforms don't sit right with me... Have to ask the hubby to watch tomorrow, but I'm thinking these military-types aren't quite regulation.

I'll bet there's LOTS of G20 action tomorrow.

I also think I heard an LRAD being used on one video. Those things can KILL from what I've heard.

Bill of Rights anyone? Not in Pittsburgh.

according to this story they weren't military...

"G20 security officials took responsibility Friday afternoon for a video that seemed to depict US troops ‘kidnapping’ a protester.

The military was not involved in the incident, but G20 security did acknowledge that “law enforcement officers from a multi-agency tactical response team” had detained a protester they said was believed to be vandalizing a store."

http://rawstory.com/2009/09/video-appears-to-show-us-troops-kidnapping-protester/

Edited by Snoofer

BigSal, those guys are suited up for physically grappling with violent demonstrators,

Thats Correct!

there is more there then meets the eye. Believe it or not, law enforcement knows a lot more about what it doing then you do...

Thats Incorrect!

Well, if that is so, how come you do not understand that this officer is not, at this moment, carrying the large Plexiglas riot shield that would be used for this type of crowd control? I mean when you consider that, it makes your original statement about how stupid he was for not adequately protecting his midsection and groin seem pretty ignorant.

Besides, I don't come down to the bowling alley and laugh and make fun while you are trying to mop up...

Snap! That was you watching me through the window! I knew it. Let me tell you that I think its very brave doing what your doing. I have always supported alternative lifestyles.

000.gif

When say "alternative lifestyles" I can only assume that you mean as an alternative to the perverse one that you lead which craves the legal ratification of same-sex marriage? unsure.gif

Encryption = Something to Hide.

Counter Surveilance is already illegal, lets just leave it at that. Civil servants should always endeavor to be transparent in their actions, so as to continue to seem accountable and accessible to the people. At the very least, if they were encrypted, reporters and concerned citizens should be able to request and receive the decryption scheme, at any time.

There are numerous online streams of scanners set to police frequencies, i used to regularly listen in the background at work, as more than a couple times, i found out something was happening in my area, and would like to know before i head home (chemical fire a couple blocks over). its just someones scanner that they wired to their computer, and allow you to stream, quite the civilian public service. Here is one. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/

The Ham broadcasts you are referring to are "numbers stations" the big use of them that i know of was organizing cuban nationals in preparation for bay of pigs, but they still broadcast off and on with regular frequency, mostly so that if they are ever needed again, their sudden reappearance wont automatically raise red flags that something is up. From what i understand, its mostly nonsense broadcasts, now. I dont know anything about them being illegal to listen to, though i think if you ever cracked a code (unlikely) and were recording them, Johnny Spook might have a problem with that.

Good point.

Funny, I don't have any use for the ones who don't uphold the oaths they take either. I just don't see how those oaths mesh well with things like tasering people for mouthing off, covering up a botched no-knock warrant, organizing "Red Squads" to spy on political groups or ginning up a nonviolent protest into a riot through the use of provocateurs. Doesn't help when the rest of them back up the ones who do such things either.

BINGO! Couldn't have said it better myself.

When say "alternative lifestyles" I can only assume that you mean as an alternative to the perverse one that you lead which craves the legal ratification of same-sex marriage?

Come on man, you can do better then that! You were so clever a few hours ago, and then you respond with that fail? Not your best work...