I thought I would share a photo of my latest gun case project. I took an old violin case and tore out the old form and replaced it with my own! I used 4" foam, traced the gun and cut out the shape with my hunting knife! Cover with cool "Saiga Black" velvet and presto! I'm hoping that my S12 will fit when it returns from TAC47 fully converted!

I've also made a guitar case fit to my DPMS .308. So, if you see me arriving with the band........

Hey, where did the picture go?

I thought I would share a photo of my latest gun case project. I took an old violin case and tore out the old form and replaced it with my own! I used 4" foam, traced the gun and cut out the shape with my hunting knife! Cover with cool "Saiga Black" velvet and presto! I'm hoping that my S12 will fit when it returns from TAC47 fully converted!

I've also made a guitar case fit to my DPMS .308. So, if you see me arriving with the band........

Hey, where did the picture go?

I tried 3 times to attach a 1.3 mb photo but no-go. Attachment option just disappears!?!

Your picture is probably too big.

Grab an image editor and run it through the pixel reducer (doesn't change the size of the pic, just pulls some of the extraneous data [that we can't see] from it to reduce the overall file size)

And, again, IMHO, forum software is best at hosting discussions, not hosting images. Have a look at imageshack or photobucket for dedicated image hosting options.

This thread makes me sad.

I am sooooo trying to get this blasted photo posted! I put it through photoshop and made it a 899kb JPEG. that should be small enough. I've never had a problem doing this before. ( yeah, that's what HE said!)

When I press the "attach this file" button the hourglass swirls and then my option to upload or browse DISAPPEARS ! Poof! Gone!

Am I just some kind of computer spaz?

This thread makes me sad.

Me too.

If you have software in your computer like the digimax software that came with my samsung camera to download the pictures, you can reduce the size & the forum software will accept it.

My pictures download to a size of 29' x 18" from my camera & I must edit each one down to 9' x 7 in order to upload to the forum. If I do not reduce it enough it comes out like this picture when you click on it to see full size.

CLICK ON PIC

post-19652-1253923113341_thumb.jpg

It kinda ruins the experience.

Edited by Paulyski

Don't feel left out, I have tried to post images for almost a year, used 3 different image downsizer programs, took them down to 400mb and still nothing. I have given up posting pictures anymore. I am really disappointed by this. Oh well, I live.

HUZZAH!!

Dude!!!!

And a tattoo I just did on my buddy!!

Ahhhh VICTORY!!!!!

Nice!!

I think I'll try that.

I will likely use Styrofoam & spraymount the velvet to it... Then I can drill holes to slide shells in. :D

I think you may have started something.

That just has so much old-school cool factor.

Good job.

That's a 25 round surefire magazine. I've got 5 of 'em. they ROCK!! Only room for 1 in the case though.

What if you were to remove the other side's insert, do what you did before but this time use harder Styrofoam with cutouts for the mags?

Spray adhesive would make the velvet adhere to the insert so it wouldn't come out when you pulled the mags out.

It looks like you may be able to fit 2 more mags in at least if you tried that. :unsure:

Plus, it would be complete & both sides would match.

You can get sheets of hard Styrofoam at home depot. It's used for insulation against concrete basement walls.

You may have to spray-mount sheets together to achieve desired thickness.

Edit: I need to find an electric guitar case to make one for my AKS-12 now...

Thanks for putting the bug up my but. :rolleyes:

Edited by Paulyski

This was my first Saiga 12 with its stealth case. That case has been apparently discontinued and I have not been able to find another. :(

However, I like yours better!

Saiga-12-12GuageAK-47Shotgun.jpg

Bad ass! My daughter has this case for her First Act guitar. Who'd have thought she was S-12 incognito? (Sorry honey, it's night like you take your guitar anywhere anyway!) Thanks for the idea. :cryss:

Regards,

Sapper