ENIDINE SHOT SHOCK RECOIL REDUCER

I am doing a gun with the Enidine stock. I read a thread that says the Enidine along with a Cutts comp can make for short stroking.

I wanted the Enidine because of the reduction in felt recoil in case the wife may have to use it (god forbid). This gun will be a dedicated HD/ SHTF gun.

Anyone with JUST the Enidine that can give a review concerning whether it effects reliability?

I thought this whole project out before committing to it- I went with the Enidine over a compensator because comps make guns seem louder to the shooter, as it directs some gas toward the sides, upward, or rear depending on comp style. Also, Im having my bolt polished & recontoured to aid in reloads and reliability. Im trying to make this gun as user friendly as possible since the wife, mom or kids may have to use it in a HD situation.

I THOUGHT I chose carefully. Can anyone let me know what experiences the are having WITHOUT any comps, but JUST the Enidine?

Edited by AlphaDogo

I also have one on my S12. I also put a gunfixer plug on it. I have had no problems

with it. The recoil is minimized and a woman would be able to use it comfortably.

I am using the gen2 agp 10 rnd mags. It has cycled everything I have put through it

without a hitch. Rapid fire is a no problem with this set up. I feel that I could shoot

this S12 all day long without injuring my shoulder. Very comfortable to shoot.

I am planning to post what I did with pictures as soon as I have some time.

I did not have to cut the tang and used a VLTOR adjustable stock to finish it off.

My personal experience and opinion is you cannot go wrong putting the endine shot shock

on your shotty. You will wonder why you took so long making the decision to add it on.

Beagle12

• 3 weeks later...

I have the universal adapter, pignose adapter and the magpul CTR stock. Still waiting on the enidine shot shock to arrive. Do i need anything else like a lock nut or such to put the stuff together? Does it automatically line up correctly when you screw it in? Never messed with AR stocks before.

tks

I have the universal adapter, pignose adapter and the magpul CTR stock. Still waiting on the enidine shot shock to arrive. Do i need anything else like a lock nut or such to put the stuff together? Does it automatically line up correctly when you screw it in? Never messed with AR stocks before.

tks

You will need the castle nut that locks the tube so it doesn't rotate out of line. They are about $4 if you don't have one. You will also need an AR wrench to tighten it down. There is a smaller one that is about $11 that doesn't have anything but the wrench for this purpose (No free float spanner, or muzzle attachment or A2 stock tube parts). Otherwise borrow a buddies or talk to a gunshop that works on AR's.

Both my S12's have Enidines. Both cycle fine and did so before adding Gunfixer's gas knob. I would still recommend the gas knob as it is a great tool to adjust your gas settings with finicky loads. The Endidne is worth the money and I can easily spew 20 rounds of buckshot or slugs in seconds without bruising my shoulder - feels like shooting birdshot except for the additional trigger slap you get.

It does look kinda goofy, but the added benefit outweighs the crutch-looking-limb that the stock attaches to.