You all know what you carry with you everywhere... Right?

No bro, just posting an amusing pic, will not change this.

Organized crime & RICO have a broader definition than I think you could fathom.

For instance everyone attending any type of meeting deemed a threat to whomever. or anyone that that person has called thanks to the tin foil patriot act.

But if you feel better, bury your head in the sand & call it a tin foil hat. ;) That seems to be the phrase of the week. :up:

This is kind of disturbing to think that every thing you say can be heard. I have to leave my phone on 24/7 for work so it's not cool that my ever conversation has the potential to be recorded. I'd be interested to learn more on the details of how this works. Probably just a software trick. Wonder if your battery would go dead faster if they are using your pnone to listen in on you? Will being tapped affect you abilties to make/ receive calls?

Any one know some one that works for the phone companies or a cell phone maunfacture that could shed some light on this?

I challange the feds to be able to hear anything over the sound my saiga 12 blazinng away as I laugh at the destruction I can cause :lolol:

Howyadoin'?

Very well & yourself?

I about thought you disappeared after the format change.

I almost PM'd ya to tell you the board wasn't off & you started posting again.

Have those commercials already been forgotten?????

:haha:

Guess so, cuz I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

post-19652-12539775802794.png

This is kind of disturbing to think that every thing you say can be heard. I have to leave my phone on 24/7 for work so it's not cool that my ever conversation has the potential to be recorded. I'd be interested to learn more on the details of how this works. Probably just a software trick. Wonder if your battery would go dead faster if they are using your pnone to listen in on you? Will being tapped affect you abilties to make/ receive calls?

Any one know some one that works for the phone companies or a cell phone maunfacture that could shed some light on this?

I challange the feds to be able to hear anything over the sound my saiga 12 blazinng away as I laugh at the destruction I can cause :lolol:

Google the subject.

Civilians can do a lot, But Feds can do a lot more.

They only need a warrant if they use the evidence heard against you, or they get caught, which would require an inside leak.

I have a few childhood friends that are "entrepreneurial" in a sense at times. After hanging out with them, or talking with them on the phone, my phone has had the static, clicking & feedback that lasted a while.

One of his friends got robbed (home invasion) a while back. When the detectives took the report, they also asked him about a trip he took to Seattle in a rental van :eek: that they had no way of knowing of. :unsure:

You can be doing nothing wrong, You can take a phone message for someone without knowing anything is going to happen, & if a crime is committed then people have been charged with conspiracy & are serving 25 years federal time for answering the phone.

You can hang out in a group of friends a few guys get something going to make extra money that you know nothing about & because you hang out with those guys you can get snagged in a RICO case.

Stranger things have happened to oblivious people.

What if they started monitoring everyone on every gun forum" phone right before banning all firearms?

It would be the logical step. You would find out where more people's cashes were.

Cell phones are yet another "modern convince" that will now enslave us to always be able to be contacted, commanded & controlled & monitored by the powers that be.

We can not due without them in todays society in most occupations though. One is a second class citizen without them.

The gubmint should not use them to infringe on the peoples privacy for any reason.

Let alone average citizens.

Do you want your boss to be constantly listening to you at the bar or when with your girl, listening on the phone that they gave you & you MUST keep on for your job's sake?

Edited by Paulyski

If your concerned about this type of surveillance, it can easily be defeated by removing the power supply (battery) or by placing the phone in a Faraday cage. :up:

Hmmm,

I smell a cottage industry of wire mesh embedded cell phone cases coming up.. Like the foil lined passport wallets.

Acer

If your concerned about this type of surveillance, it can easily be defeated by removing the power supply (battery) or by placing the phone in a Faraday cage. 032.gif

Hmmm,

I smell a cottage industry of wire mesh embedded cell phone cases coming up.. Like the foil lined passport wallets.

Acer

Now that the secret is out it won't be long before every phone has a manual battery disconnect button that cannot be remotely circumvented or else your phone on/off button will perform that function automatically.

I challenge the feds to be able to hear anything over the sound my saiga 12 blazinng away as I laugh at the destruction I can cause :lolol:

It is a software trick, and would require (on most phones, some smartphones can have a simple program installed) requires the rom flashed, or essentially replacing the operating system. And yes, your battery life would be the same as if someone was talking on your phone 24/7 (as they would be, essentially) It probably (depending on the software) wouldnt effect your ability to make or receive calls, as an interrupt, to automatically hang up the tap, would be issued anytime you open the flipscreen, or press a key. This is neither widespread or prevalent, and while im sure it has and can be done by ninja FEDs sneaking into your home, and replacing your phone with an identical model with all of your personal settings copied over, ive never heard of anyone but two-bit scum "private investigators" and kids with too much free time who imagine themselves hackers.

In the case of third party software, on certain models of phone, you can still, most of the time see the activity in your call timer log, and in all cases with the exception of when the FEDs might be involved, see it on your phonebill.

Ive yawned bigger security threats into existence. hell, if you are in a room with a computer that has a microphone, that is a more likely source of eavesdropping.

If you want Tinfoil Hattery, just take a look at laser listening devices, for about $40 at radioshack, you can build a two laser electronic modulator that picks up the vibrations off of glass and turns it back into audible sound, reconstructing conversations inside buildings. Its been around a long long time, and similar technology is more than capable of working from any distance, up to and including orbiting satelites in space. So unless you are underground, or otherwise in a building with no windows, im sure just about any number of spooky government agencies could be listening to you.

I agree with the Faux News comment, its not reporting if its just fearmongering without any real information, and you leave after watching it with more questions than you started.

NEWS FAIL- Yer doin it wrong.

Edited by ReverendFranz

If your concerned about this type of surveillance, it can easily be defeated by removing the power supply (battery) or by placing the phone in a Faraday cage. 032.gif

Well yes, you could do all of that... or you could just smash the phone to bits, because of these methods have the same effect, rendering your phone useless.

So, what to do? Simply lock your keypad for anything but answering a call. If they can not enter data, they can not enter the software to monitor your phone. Frankly, if you don't do this all ready, you really don't care much anyway. Anyone that picks up your phone where you leave it just laying around can see your last numbers dialed, the time spent per call and your incoming calls. Those are all pretty standard features now-a-days.

Well yes, you could do all of that... or you could just smash the phone to bits, because of these methods have the same effect, rendering your phone useless.

So, what to do? Simply lock your keypad for anything but answering a call. If they can not enter data, they can not enter the software to monitor your phone.

I know every phone is different, but are you talking about a"lock" that requires a password of some sort?

On my phone, the only "lock" (as far as I know, I haven't really looked into that much) is the need to push 2 buttons at the same time.....to prevent "butt dialing" on phones with exposed buttons. But even with this on, my phone has still dialed random people on my contacts list. It has also done it, when I was wiping my phone off on my shirt; random buttons getting pressed and the 2 buttons needed to "unlock" it, just happened to be pressed. In other words, in the absence of an actual password of some sort, it's pretty easy to get past the "locked" mode. Well at least on my phone anyway. Maybe some other phones have a password option? :unsure:

So, what to do? Simply lock your keypad for anything but answering a call. If they can not enter data, they can not enter the software to monitor your phone.

I know every phone is different, but are you talking about a"lock" that requires a password of some sort?

On my phone, the only "lock" (as far as I know, I haven't really looked into that much) is the need to push 2 buttons at the same time.....to prevent "butt dialing" on phones with exposed buttons. But even with this on, my phone has still dialed random people on my contacts list. It has also done it, when I was wiping my phone off on my shirt; random buttons getting pressed and the 2 buttons needed to "unlock" it, just happened to be pressed. In other words, in the absence of an actual password of some sort, it's pretty easy to get past the "locked" mode. Well at least on my phone anyway. Maybe some other phones have a password option? :unsure:

On most phones there is a "security" setting in the "Phone settings" section of the settings section. this is the area where one could set a password if you can.

Eavesdropping Software however is designed to circumvent this.

Best bet is to remove the battery during sensitive times if you suspect anything.

Personally, I don't hang out with the friends of my youth much anymore. We talk occationally, but I really dont want "Their shit to rub off on me." figuratively speaking.

I would never completely abandon them, but I try to keep a fair distance in general.

As one get's older, the line between right & wrong becomes much more visible.

I wish them the best, but I expect the worst.

I tend to live that type of excitement vicariously through them now.

Much less risk involved.

Any time I use the phone, I just automatically assume everyone can hear.

Shit, I can make a cell-phone interceptor for less than $20.00 & I don't have the federal gubmint backing ME.

Just keep all the possibilities in mind, as you never know when you will be in the next group of people the powers that be decide on persecuting.

• Like 1

On most phones there is a "security" setting in the "Phone settings" section of the settings section. this is the area where one could set a password if you can.

I'll have to check it out on my phone, to quench my curiosity.

But how does the eavesdropping software circumvent a password protected phone? What Azrial was saying (as I understand it), is that the "spy" has to get their hands on your phone to manually install the software (according to that video anyway, about that one program). If your phone is locked, in a way that you can't navigate through your phone, how is someone going to install anything?

But how does the eavesdropping software circumvent a password protected phone? What Azrial was saying (as I understand it), is that the "spy" has to get their hands on your phone to manually install the software (according to that video anyway, about that one program). If your phone is locked, in a way that you can't navigate through your phone, how is someone going to install anything?

Law enforcment can do it through your cell phone company.

In any other case It would probably be your work, who would be able to do it before they gave you the phone.

Or your controling girlfriend, who could just ask you to borrow your phone.

Or a stalking ex who knew the password.

Or a nosey neighbor... You don't need software to just listen if you are close enough to the phone you are trying to listen to. Here is a simple way to do it to just listen in on conversations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W28SOiZ_-8c

In any other case It would probably be your work, who would be able to do it before they gave you the phone.

Or a nosey neighbor... You don't need software to just listen if you are close enough to the phone you are trying to listen to. Here is a simple way to do it to just listen in on conversations

:horror:

I'm too stupid to even understand how that works, but it's kinda scary/cool. Luckily, I'm surrounded by the super-elderly, for the most part, where I live.

:horror:

I'm too stupid to even understand how that works, but it's kinda scary/cool. Luckily, I'm surrounded by the super-elderly, for the most part, where I live.

I know that with scanners & other equipment It is possible th listen like this to analog conversations, but I really want to test this little contraption myself. Funny, I think I even have a The remote that he used... You gotta wonder how/if it actually works.

Also most metropolitan areas, in fact most of america has switched to digital for signals. I think that may pose a problem. I am unsure though.

One thing is for certain, You can buy the stuff relatively easy. If you are creative enough to use pay-pal for firearms purchases, you can buy the stuff. In fact a store in Beaverton, Fox spy outlet lost his business licence for selling it in a "brick & mortar" shop.

Heres a link that explains how it works. http://www.snapshield.com/www_problems/Inter/All_you.htm

A person with a working knowledge of an oscilloscope can still have a lot of fun too.

So, what to do? Simply lock your keypad for anything but answering a call. If they can not enter data, they can not enter the software to monitor your phone. Frankly, if you don't do this all ready, you really don't care much anyway. Anyone that picks up your phone where you leave it just laying around can see your last numbers dialed, the time spent per call and your incoming calls. Those are all pretty standard features now-a-days.

Sorry Az, but this is incorrect. While its true that disabling your phone is the only way to prevent its unauthorized use, locking your keypad or blocking your calls will not accomplish squat because a skilled surveillance tech has complete control of the phone's system. Generally they can activate the microphone remotely without engaging the screen, speaker or any peripheral that would let you know its on all while bypassing the phone's security features. This can actually be accomplished on conventional landline phones as well; a skilled tech can activate a speakerphone in a private meeting room by using the corporations own private phone network.

Did you know that a cellphone can function as a GPS transponder as well?

This is no tinfoil hat shit, this is just the current use of modern technology.

Nice video, but all he did was short a microphone to a battery terminal and waste some ducttape. Its electronics, not magic.

Distal: Im not aware of any native protocols on any of the phones im using that would allow anyone to activate the mic on my phone without having physical access to the phone at some point to install secondary software, though i do know what you mean about Nortel phones and the like, but that is a protocol built into the phone intentionally. If im wrong, and you do know of a method that wouldnt require any third party software intstalled to a phone, i would be interested.

though yeah, there are any number of places you can take a cell phone to have it reset if you "forget" the unlock pin, im pretty sure if some geek selling stolen phones can do it, johnny law can.

the best advice seem to be to keep your shit in your pockets, like always.

Nice video, but all he did was short a microphone to a battery terminal and waste some ducttape. Its electronics, not magic.

Yup.

Tried it...

It is B.S.

Did a little research.

http://www.snapshield.com/www_problems/Inter/All_you.htm

Scanners for analog can be bought over the Net.

Digital are soon to come.

Your cell company will hold the door open foe anyone with a badge.

And every year, some Californian comes up here & gets lost on Mt. hood in a blizzard. The Phone companies triangulate their location. Getting to them in a blizzard on the other hand...

Turn up the stereo & leave your phone on the speaker with no battery in it & whisper if you want to be sure nobody is listening.

Modern technology... Aint it great?

I don't plan on using my cellphone to prep illegal activity, but I still don't want someone listening on the other end. They can only listen with a warrant right?

It is my understanding that with the patriot act, if someone is under investigation, the people they talk to can be monitored, to follow whatever trail the investigators may find...

As for needing a warrant, A warrant is only required if they want to use info against you in court. And the last few years showed us that even that is subjective.

If they are just listening & they hear of potentially illegal activity & they catch someone in the act, a warrant would only be required to use the monitoring evidence in court for additional conspiracy charges.

I am not certain how the laws work, but I have found it usually leans more in favor of the investigators, who are usually on a first name basis with the judges who issue the warrants.

This would be a good question for the feds that monitor this forum...

HEY GUYS!! A LITTLE HELP HERE?? We got a question. :haha: