AR TUBE STYLE stock WITHOUT cutting tang

In a different thread I got a response about someone using an AR style tube WITHOUT cutting the tang. I did some searching & googling, and found one I wouldnt use, but I seen another style that interested me very much but couldnt find the manufacturer name.

Anyone running a tube adapter that you DONT have to cut the tang, and can you tell me who the maker is for the one you are using?

I'd post a pic of the one I like, but my internet is slooow. Its a very minimal piece that isnt the kind that has the cutoff buttstock with a tube shoved in it look. I think the one Im NOT interested in is the UTG?

I'd post a pic of the one I like, but my internet is slooow. Its a very minimal piece that isnt the kind that has the cutoff buttstock with a tube shoved in it look. I think the one Im NOT interested in is the UTG?

(You're internet speed has nothing to do with posting pictures, if you just link them. Copy the address of the picture (right click on the picture, click "Copy Image Location"), then when you're making your post, click on what looks like a Polaroid picture in the top of the post window, and paste in the address. The picture will show up when you post.)

Anyway.....is the one you don't like, the CAA one? It's not US made (if that matters to you) but IIRC, people were reporting that it was solid piece of gear and had good things to say about the adapter itself.

Max has one in his e-store here at saiga-12.com for 15 bucks, but you should have him clarify that it works with all AR tubes, and not just the china-made stuff.

TL-A68747-AD1-001.jpg

It says "Butt stock adaptor designed for AK and variants to use with Model 4/15 fixed and collapsible stocks ".

I've never heard of "Model 4/15 fixed or collapsible stocks". I wonder if that's the name of the Chinese stuff you're referring to.

(OP, if you don't like UTG, you won't want that adapter, as it's made by UTG)

I used an ace Universal Receiver Block with CAR Stock Adapter. It is solid metal and no tang

removal is required. This one comes with a pig nose adaptor also. I did find that ace was a bit

slow on the shipping as it took nearly 2 months to get it after many calls to them.

But it is a good product and well worth the wait. Again it is solid metal and not plastic.

Beagle12