Pics Please

Look at a picture of a S12 with a longer barrel, O.K. now the tricky part,..... Now place your thumb over part of the barrel in the photo.........Presto!! That's what it will look like with a shorter barrel. It just won't have a giant thumb attached to the end of the barrel. The human imagination is a wonderful thing if you can use it.

Look at a picture of a S12 with a longer barrel, O.K. now the tricky part,..... Now place your thumb over part of the barrel in the photo.........Presto!! That's what it will look like with a shorter barrel. It just won't have a giant thumb attached to the end of the barrel. The human imagination is a wonderful thing if you can use it.

:lolol: Sorry, one of the few that actually made me laugh out loud.

That might work if I knew how much of the barrel to cover smart azz :lolol: . On a serious note I would like to see a 12in gun with the tromix or galil hand guard. Anyone?

If you would like to see it without the flash suppressor, the thumb trick works on this picture too! ;) Just cover up about 2/3 of it.

post-9078-12544270260268_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I also have an 8" (bottom of pic), a couple 19's and a 24".

post-9078-12544495049522_thumb.jpg

I honestly can't say which is my favorite barrel length between the 8" and 12". The 8" is more "in your face" when you shoot it, but quite a bit more maneuverable. Shooting aside, it's cool having a 12", if for nothing else, because everybody and their mother goes with the 8". But if I had to pick one, well, I don't know. If it were 1 SBS, it would probably be the 8". Balls out. If it were 1 Saiga 12, it would probably be the 12". Not too long, not as much blast "in your face" as an 8". Thankfully, I wasn't restricted to either of those scenarios, that's why I have both. I know that doesn't help much, but it's really a personal decision.

IMO it really depends on what you want it for.

Oh yeah, putting a flash hider, Shark Brake, etc. on adds about 2 inches, FYI

Thanks again. That is the same set up I am wanting to get for my 12in saiga but I plan on using a poly choke for a muzzle attachment. Also do you like the galil charging handle or the oem? I am a right hander so I am thinking the galil would be easier for reloads. Knowing me once I get the 12in saiga I will want an 8in as well. :super:

Edited by bigsky59721

No problem again. And damn, a poly choke is going to add some length. I don't really care for the length the FH adds on my 12", it makes it more like a 14". I have contemplated having my 12" shortened to 10" so it would be 12" with the FH on. But I really like my 12", as is, without the FH . . . As for the charging handles, it's a matter of preference. If you're already really used to reaching under with your left hand for OEM handles, then I would stick with that. Personally, the OEM handles feel more "positive" and forceful to me. The Galil feels a bit odd to me since the force used to operate it is above and to the side of the mass of the bold carrier and it feels like it wants to pull the carrier back and up a little. That being said, I do like the Galil handles, they do work, they're just different. Also, keep in mind that optics sitting over the receiver and Galil charging handles don't mix well.