Video - Obama refuses to salute US flag

So he forgets to cover his heart and you guys are sick to your stomach? Give me a break, enough with the gotcha moments. I mean Obama has enough issues you can legitimately harp on without this nonsense.

It's almost silly, in fact. People are so paranoid sometimes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Somewhere along the line, the majority of people accepted the idea that loving your country means embracing this childlike idea that it can do no wrong, has done no wrong and in the unlikely event of

The first time I watched this, I found its blatancy difficult to believe. The second time it just made me sick to my stomach.     We have the privilege to vote out a despotic liberal mayor toda

He's just being modest.. After all, he IS America and the only important thing it could possble symbolize.. it's not classy to salute yourself!   What a fucktard.   And no, he didn't forget.. unle

So he forgets to cover his heart and you guys are sick to your stomach? Give me a break, enough with the gotcha moments. I mean Obama has enough issues you can legitimately harp on without this nonsense.

Some people fall for scare tactics and some don't. I disagree with Obama on MANY issues and I don't like the people he chose to associate with, but he's not the fucking Antichrist. This "Obama is a racist communist Muslim from Kenya that hates Israel and is part of a sleeper cell" bullshit hurt's the cause. Give it a rest and argue the issues.

Big sal;

When I was younger I was a field manager for Progressive Campaigns. (BIG libral organization)

This is the company responsible for the largest turnover of money from the insurance industry in Ca. in history so far. (I did not work on that one)

I worked on the Oregon & Nevada Medicinal Marijuana initiative, as well as the Parks & Salmon initiative (Diverts Lottery funds to preservation & restoration of Oregon's parks & salmon habitat)... I also worked on a Term Limits initiative in Idaho the same year.

But the fact that you can not agree with SOME of the ideals of one political party & disagree with others without being a pariah, turned me off of politics.

I have ideals on both sides that I will not forsake.

That being said, When a Man that strives to be Commander In Chief... A position that empowers him to send You & I off to die for this country, Refuses to make a simple gesture to show allegiance with the rest of his supposed countrymen.

That IS sickening to me. And rightly so.

I am relatively certain that if a servicemember refused to salute him, the servicemember's career would be in essence, OVER.

That being said, I talked a LOT of shit about Bush's half-assed service during Nam too.

I love our country.

I hate what our 2 fucked up parties are doing, & have done to it to advance the objectives of the few special interests that fund their campaigns.

And I take it as an insult that our commander in chief EVER behaved in such a manner in public.

It was not a mistake either. It was a statement of unity to all those Bill Maher fans that insult patriotism.

If it was a mistake, the guy must be beyond an idiot not to notice those around him. Or maybe he really WAS schooled in a madrassa.? :unsure:

All who supported him should be ashamed of this.

ALL.

Not trying to argue here, just clarify.

Also, raising our biggest military adversary's ensign over the Whitehouse's lawn just shows weakness & submission that he lacks the capacity to understand.

A weakness & submission that WILL cost us in the long run.

• Like 2

Bingo, the guy probably just forgot to perform the gesture. Its not a big deal. People that read into this shit should stop circle-jerking to Glen Beck and get a fucking life. Not trying to be argumentative here, just trying to clarify.

Sal, I still think you're in denial. It is not at all "obvious" that King Barry is a Patriot. He never served in the military, (something I personally think should be required to be CinC), and he apologizes for and tears down the US in every speech he makes! Did you hear the horseshit he spewed at the UN last week?

Naw, anyone should be allowed to be president so long as he gets the votes. I think Obama thinks what he does is in the best interest of the country, just like most elected officials. Also I don't think he apologizes for the Past, so much as he is trying to make a distinction between his own world view and that of his predecessor.

You can't do this thread justice typing with one hand Sal.

WS :devil:

Thats would be true, but the reason they call me Big Sal is because I require BOTH hands!

Some people fall for scare tactics and some don't. I disagree with Obama on MANY issues and I don't like the people he chose to associate with, but he's not the fucking Antichrist. This "Obama is a racist communist Muslim from Kenya that hates Israel and is part of a sleeper cell" bullshit hurt's the cause. Give it a rest and argue the issues.

Bingo. Its kinda starting to piss me off even though I voted for Nader (a far more qualified candidate).

That being said, When a Man that strives to be Commander In Chief... A position that empowers him to send You & I off to die for this country, Refuses to make a simple gesture to show allegiance with the rest of his supposed countrymen.

You assume he refused to perform the gesture and didn't just forget to do it. Thats a BIG assumption and you know what they say about assumptions: They make an ASS out of U and ME!

Blah Blah Balh

Please suck my balls :haha:

Sal, you're missing the real funny here.

All we keep hearing is this stuff about how he's the worstest dictator evar, while he simultaneously keeps caving on every single issue and generally cowering from the first group that starts screaming at him. Gun control? Like it never even existed on the website. Van Johnson? Gone. ACORN? In the sights for de-funding. Healthcare? Public option's pretty much dead, all that's left is a plan that might as well have been written entirely by the insurance industry. Patriot Act? Still firmly in place. Afghanistan? More troops and more private contractors. Iraq? Same. Same-sex marriage? He's all ready used the same language as its most bitter opponents, comparing it to incest and murder. Guy with a gun at one of his public appearances? Polite interview with softball questions. Left-wing protesters with signs at the G20 summit? LRADs, batons and pepper spray.

Seems like every time Glenn Beck has a hissy fit, Obama starts running scared. Really terrifying. Stalinesque even.

But the real funny? Let the guy forget (or just not) salute the flag once? OMFG Hitler reborn! He'll have us in the camps any day now!

Honestly folks, I hate the guy too. But I hate him for what he is; just another typical politician, playing the games he has to play to get elected and then pretty much shitting on the same people that put their trust in him. He's a liar and the only people he feels he owes anything to are the ones who shelled out the most money for his election. There's a metric fuckton of LEGITIMATE reasons to hate this guy that have nothing to do with nonsense about stealth Muslims or birth certificates or "gang member footsoldiers" that turn out to be a dance troupe for fuck's sake.

What I see happening here is that the majority in this country is being whipped into a false siege mentality. Constantly being told they're under attack by the insidious "other" in their midst. This is a seriously fucking dangerous game that's being played and it will do more harm to this nation and the people in it than any of these phantoms being held up as actual threats.

Personally, I really, really hope I'm wrong. But I don't see this road going anywhere any of us want to even visit.

Sal, you're missing the real funny here.

All we keep hearing is this stuff about how he's the worstest dictator evar, while he simultaneously keeps caving on every single issue and generally cowering from the first group that starts screaming at him. Gun control? Like it never even existed on the website. Van Johnson? Gone. ACORN? In the sights for de-funding. Healthcare? Public option's pretty much dead, all that's left is a plan that might as well have been written entirely by the insurance industry. Patriot Act? Still firmly in place. Afghanistan? More troops and more private contractors. Iraq? Same. Same-sex marriage? He's all ready used the same language as its most bitter opponents, comparing it to incest and murder. Guy with a gun at one of his public appearances? Polite interview with softball questions. Left-wing protesters with signs at the G20 summit? LRADs, batons and pepper spray.

Seems like every time Glenn Beck has a hissy fit, Obama starts running scared. Really terrifying. Stalinesque even.

But the real funny? Let the guy forget (or just not) salute the flag once? OMFG Hitler reborn! He'll have us in the camps any day now!

Honestly folks, I hate the guy too. But I hate him for what he is; just another typical politician, playing the games he has to play to get elected and then pretty much shitting on the same people that put their trust in him. He's a liar and the only people he feels he owes anything to are the ones who shelled out the most money for his election. There's a metric fuckton of LEGITIMATE reasons to hate this guy that have nothing to do with nonsense about stealth Muslims or birth certificates or "gang member footsoldiers" that turn out to be a dance troupe for fuck's sake.

What I see happening here is that the majority in this country is being whipped into a false siege mentality. Constantly being told they're under attack by the insidious "other" in their midst. This is a seriously fucking dangerous game that's being played and it will do more harm to this nation and the people in it than any of these phantoms being held up as actual threats.

Personally, I really, really hope I'm wrong. But I don't see this road going anywhere any of us want to even visit.

Partially Correct, but I don't think Glen Beck has this guy running scared. A few low level officials have been successfully targeted, but his policy agenda will likely go forward. I don't think he will attempt gun control legislation until after the democratic victory in the upcoming 2010 elections (He is still several votes shy in both the house and the senate). I think we will see some kind of health care bill pass which will be seen as a huge victory for him (with or without a public option). In 2012 he we be re elected seeing how the vast majority of the public will not vote for Palin or Huckabee (the two leaders in the recent republican straw poll).

So all in all, you can buy into the guys weakness, but the REAL funny is that hes gonna be a two termer and the dems will likely have a permanent majority for the next decade or so.

Your 100% right about the silly extreme tin-foil shit about the failure to properly gesture to the flag being some kind of anti-US statement.

Why should be salute our flag, he is not an American.

Really? Proof?

There is only one reason to suppress the release of documents that would squash this controversy. I would just as soon have it released, if it would prove me wrong!

There is plenty of evidence that he claimed to be Indonesian when he was getting Student Aid. So either he was lying then, or he is lying now!

Besides, I have to show more proof to get a drivers license then someone needs to become elected POTUS? It is not I that needs to produce "Proof."

In 2012 he we be re elected seeing how the vast majority of the public will not vote for Palin or Huckabee (the two leaders in the recent republican straw poll).

And therein lies the problem with the Republican party when real candidates like Ron Paul and Tim Pawlenty are shunned.

I don't think he will attempt gun control legislation until after the democratic victory in the upcoming 2010 elections (He is still several votes shy in both the house and the senate).

I disagree with you on this. The Dems had the majority when Bush was in office and all of the hatred against him caused even more Dems to be voted into office in 2008. There will be more Republicans back in office in 2010. I can't say if they will have the majority but they will definitely have more than they do now.

I think we will see some kind of health care bill pass which will be seen as a huge victory for him (with or without a public option).

Insurance is a scam. You have to pay into for other people to use and when you have to use it, insurance companies like to deny you coverage. Getting that coverage was the whole point of paying into it to begin with. Health care needs reform but not a take over. I am completely opposed to a public option for many reasons.

In 2012 he we be re elected seeing how the vast majority of the public will not vote for Palin or Huckabee (the two leaders in the recent republican straw poll). So all in all, you can buy into the guys weakness, but the REAL funny is that hes gonna be a two termer and the dems will likely have a permanent majority for the next decade or so.

That's a sad fact. The Republicans have no one to run against him but I highly doubt the Democrats will have a majority for the next decade. There's just too much opposition to a lot of his policies for that to happen.

Why should be salute our flag, he is not an American.

Really? Proof?

There is only one reason to suppress the release of documents that would squash this controversy. I would just as soon have it released, if it would prove me wrong!

There is plenty of evidence that he claimed to be Indonesian when he was getting Student Aid. So either he was lying then, or he is lying now!

Besides, I have to show more proof to get a drivers license then someone needs to become elected POTUS? It is not I that needs to produce "Proof."

Precisely. All King Barry needs to do to squash this "birther" controversy once and for all is produce his original birth certificate.

The fact that he will not or cannot makes me deeply suspicious.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Bingo, the guy probably just forgot to perform the gesture. Its not a big deal. People that read into this shit should stop circle-jerking to Glen Beck and get a fucking life. Not trying to be argumentative here, just trying to clarify.

Sal, I still think you're in denial. It is not at all "obvious" that King Barry is a Patriot. He never served in the military, (something I personally think should be required to be CinC), and he apologizes for and tears down the US in every speech he makes! Did you hear the horseshit he spewed at the UN last week?

Naw, anyone should be allowed to be president so long as he gets the votes. I think Obama thinks what he does is in the best interest of the country, just like most elected officials. Also I don't think he apologizes for the Past, so much as he is trying to make a distinction between his own world view and that of his predecessor.

You can't do this thread justice typing with one hand Sal.

WS 011.gif

Thats would be true, but the reason they call me Big Sal is because I require BOTH hands!

Bingo. Its kinda starting to piss me off even though I voted for Nader (a far more qualified candidate).

You assume he refused to perform the gesture and didn't just forget to do it. Thats a BIG assumption and you know what they say about assumptions: They make an ASS out of U and ME!

Blah Blah Balh

Please suck my balls naaaa.gif

head in the sand syndrome ,when you pull your head out, the light will hurt your eyes.

Sal.. he didn't forget.. There is no way he didn't notice looking out into a crowd full of people who all just rose to their feet and stuck their hand on their chest (unless he's really stupid).. It was intentional... And apparently you feel it was the wrong choice, since your defending him by calling it a mistake instead of saying it was the intentional and the right thing to do. I can't remember EVER hearing that song and forgetting.. it's darn difficult when even if you do lapse into a moment of stupidity and forget you soon realize that every person in the vicinity is doing the same thing at the same time and it generally serves as an extreme reminder..

On another note the Chinese flag thing is full of fail. If we could have made peace just by raising our enemies flag everytime a war was fought, saving a huge amount of american lives.. would that have been the right thing? To roll over and raise the flag and try to make an ally of someone who is fundamentally against all of the freedoms and rights that we believe in out of naive hope for a peaceful resolution?? To bow now is insulting to all those who gave their lives to avoid bowing to a foriegn power. If it was worth their lives then, it is worth it now, and we are dishonoring them by forgetting that.

Sure.. China doesn't kill as many people and they arn't as cruel as Nazi germany, but they are not our allies, they do not believe in freedom, they arn't above killing their own people, and they wish to reaquire Taiwan.. one of our allies, and right now our allies have to be wondering how much of an ally we are, we seem to be abandoning everybody latly. If you want to raise a flag, honor somebody who has been a steadfast ally and friend.. The English, who have died along side us many times, or maybe Poland, who's been a steadfast ally.. But we instead choose the country that continually defies us, and blocks all U.N. sanctions to try and peacefully resolve a potential nuclear threat from a country whos "president" believes it is his responsibility to completly eradicate Israel.

Funny how the world just honored china by allowing them to host the olympics, historically one of the last times we bent over that like was in berlin in 1936, wasn't the best thing for world peace..

-Now maybe that was an accident.. Maybe Obama is too stupid to realize what raising the Chinese flag means and did it out of ignorance... but failing to salute the flag was not an accident.

Edited by volkov

It may have been an occurrence where he forgot but in my opinion a man who puts his country first does not simply forget to salute the flag during the national anthem. It's a time to collectively reflect on the significance of all the sacrifices, lives lost, and hardships taken upon our nation's people throughout history to provide us with the freedoms and privileges we have today and for those who have lost a loved one during the call of duty, there is an extreme emotional significance to this.

It's like hearing people talking and giggling during a moment of silence. Sure, they don't have to pay their respects but understand that if they don't it will offend many, hence, the fuss over this video.

Honestly, I think Barry forgot to put his hand over his heart during the Anthem because he truly doesn't honor or love this country the way it was founded. Remember, he promised to "fundamentally re-make" the US.

As kids, most of us recited the pledge of allegiance every morning as school started, and in social studies and history classes were required to learn about our country and the principles of the founding fathers.

Regrettably, while most of his contemporaries were doing exactly what I have described above, little Barry was attending a Muslim school in Indonesia, and presumably received plenty of indoctrination while attending the Madrassa.

Perhaps the poor little tyke, confused by his fathers abandonment, and subsequent replacement by another Muslim father figure, forced to abandon the only home he had known for a strange third world country with different customs, and a different faith, just wanted desperately to feel good about himself and to fit in. Perhaps he just never got used to saluting the American flag, or would have been ridiculed as a child for doing so. Maybe...

Personally, I believe behind the facade of self assured arrogance and the eloquent silver tongue, is a fundamentally insecure man, still desperate for approval and validation from any quarter - and therein (IMO) lies the key to Barry's liabilities as CIC.

Apologizing for America, bowing before the Saudi prince, allowing the Chinese flag to be flown on the White house lawn, caving in to Russia with no reciprocation, buddying up to, and being praised by our sworn enemies could seen as frightening and bizarre - even "unamerican" if the mans background is not taken into account. But, in my opinion these patterns and events are even more chilling when viewed through and understanding of Barry's past.

Before 9/11, one could have perhaps dismissed a singe lapse in showing solidarity with other Americans. However, in the post 9/11 era, when one is intent upon the highest public office in the land, to deliberately choose not to do so is incomprehensible.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

Wait... are you guys calling him Barry as in his supposed real name Barry Soetoro?

Honestly, his citizenship, while important, is one of the lowest lows in priority on my "Tree of liberty needs a fucking hurricane" list. Mainly because if Obama is removed from office then we have to deal with Biden directly... god help us all.

Priority 1: AWAKEN THE PEOPLE! Re-energize the idea of Liberty and Prosperity! Kill the cancer that is government dependance.

Priority 2: Local and State takeover! Put more Liberty focused individuals in our state and local governments and attempt to achieve dependence from federal aid.

Priority 3: Usurp power from Congress! Congress is the power of the government, not Obama. He is the salesman to the people.

• Like 1

No offense dude, but if you believe that your not doing your due diligence. A quick web search reveals he has proven his citizenship over and over. Also he never claimed to be an Indonesian citizen, thats just a lie started on Stormfront.org which I hope you don't post at.

In 2012 he we be re elected seeing how the vast majority of the public will not vote for Palin or Huckabee (the two leaders in the recent republican straw poll).

And therein lies the problem with the Republican party when real candidates like Ron Paul and Tim Pawlenty are shunned.

Political scientists have theories about what they call party realignment. Basically as the state goes through periods of significant change new parties grow, challenge and ultimately co-opt or join with existing parties. Some of these guys believe the current realignment favors the democrats. After all, the republican party is slowly pushing out moderate voices due to the threat of a far right/libertarian third party. These moderate republicans are flocking to the dems in droves. The combination of traditional dems and moderate republicans will make up the bull-work of the new permanent power structure that we will see until 2020 or so.

As for calling Barak "Barry" I don't think Post-A means anything by it, its just a joke.

Also On Gun Control:> As I have stated in the past, there is no danger of a new AWB passing this year or frankly until 2010-2011. The votes are not there. But after the next election cycle, as the dems win even more seats, the votes *WILL* exist. That means the time to buy is Christmas of 2009. Not before and Not after. :haha: Mark my words boys and girls, because I know everything and Im a lot smarter than you. :haha:

Edited by bigsal

Why should he salute our flag, he is not an American.

He doesn't even like America, he wants to change it into something else...

He has his own interpretation of the country, you have yours. Its kida silly to say that he hates America based that right?

His own interpretation happens to stand against everything this country was formed for.. so yeah, I reckon it's fair to say he hates America, at least the way it is currently.. And frankly I'm going to hate America the way he wants it, if I wanted that crap I wouldn't live in the land of the free, and when it is no longer then land of the free, I will leave.... if I'm allowed too (which will suck, I love America, but if his dream becomes realized, there is no room for mine). And barry is the name he preferred as a child, but when he decided that change was all important he decided to go back to Barrack to indicate his pride of his heritage rather then his integration into American society.. (if your proud of your heritage, GO HOME. I'm a Brit, but I like America and I'm proud of it's history and I want to be a part of it, so I'm here, and while I still drink my tea from time to time I do not try to impose my culture on my friends or sneer at their culture, but because I'm white I guess it doesn't count as integrating right? because all white people must be the exact same. Personally I like to think of myself more as an assimulated American then a brit.. hence why I live here) And his birth certificate is fishy at best- but frankly where he was born doesn't change who he is.. unfortunately the birth certificate thing is just a desperate attempt to remove a terrible president rather then anything that has any bearing on his character.

• Like 1

Why should he salute our flag, he is not an American.

He doesn't even like America, he wants to change it into something else...

He has his own interpretation of the country, you have yours. Its kinda silly to say that he hates America based that right?

heads still stuck ! try asking obama for help that will work ,he has done so much for his brother in hutsvill kenya. you likely knew that as you are so "smart."

The Rest of you:> Look, I am easily the most left wing guy here on these boards, so really only half of you are gonna listen to anything I saw without some fuckwit ad-hom retort. That being said, why even bother with this gottcha shit? Obviously the man is a Patriot, same as you or me, he just forgot to put his hand over his heart. I mean you don't need to engage in symbol worship to be a "true American" right?

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT OBVIOUS?! THE OPPOSITE SEEMS OBVIOUS. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY OBVIOUS.

His own interpretation happens to stand against everything this country was formed for..

What was the "country formed for", and how is Obama standing against it in your version of reality?

Personally I like to think of myself more as an assimulated American then a brit.. hence why I live here) And his birth certificate is fishy at best- but frankly where he was born doesn't change who he is.. unfortunately the birth certificate thing is just a desperate attempt to remove a terrible president rather then anything that has any bearing on his character.

Personally I think of you a different way kiddo... :lolol:

HOW THE FUCK IS THAT OBVIOUS?! THE OPPOSITE SEEMS OBVIOUS. VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY OBVIOUS.

The man is a nationalist. I have no reason not to take him at his word. Do you?

I mean really man, do you honestly think hes some kind of sleeper communist or something, really?

BO used to call himself "Barry". I'm just using the nickname he chose years ago.

You should really call him "President Obama" in reference to his office. I won't turn you in this time, but your on notice for the future :lolol:

Gee thanks. :D

I'll call him The Usurper, how's that? I'm only half kidding.. no one has any real idea how much voter fraud ACORN managed to pull off last Nov, but I have no doubt that it was nationwide and significant.

• Like 1

His own interpretation happens to stand against everything this country was formed for..

What was the "country formed for", and how is Obama standing against it in your version of reality?

Personally I like to think of myself more as an assimulated American then a brit.. hence why I live here) And his birth certificate is fishy at best- but frankly where he was born doesn't change who he is.. unfortunately the birth certificate thing is just a desperate attempt to remove a terrible president rather then anything that has any bearing on his character.

Personally I think of you a different way kiddo... :lolol:

One more thing I'd add is, that "love it or leave it" nonsense is pretty anti-American. The very reason this country exists is because the founding father's rejected that line of thinking. If they were bothered by no taxation without representation, by that line of thinking, they should either have learned to like it, or vacated the colonies. It's also why there's no more slavery, and why women can vote, and a whole lot of other things... because someone, somewhere refused to love it or leave it.