Maverick 88 is a Mossberg 500 with a triggerguard mounted safety instead of the ambidextrous tang mounted one. All the ones I have seen have come with synthetic stocks. Good, sturdy, economical. Around here, I can usually buy them (used) for $120 maybe less.

a real safety on a moss 500? no way! I thought they all had those gay rich man safeties on em. stupidest safety I have ever seen, with the HK pistol beavertail ONLY safety being the second dumbest ever that Ive seen. one you let go of the gun to use, the other you are unsafed whenever you point the thing.

The mossberg maveric runs $199 NIB with screw choke at Sports Authority here in MD. This state is NOT known for bargain prices, so you should be able to meet or beat that price. My #2 son has one, and they are definetly worth the money!

G O B

What exactly is a "gay rich man safety" ? and which one is it, that your gun is unsafed all the time, or you have to let the gun go to do it?? I have a mossberg, and cant seem to figure out what you are talking about bvamp.... :eek:

how is a little slider that clicks front to back with the thumb while actually shooting, a gay rich man safety?

or do you have OTHER mossbergs that you are using for your limited scope of comparison?

:smoke:

put your thumb on the saftey, and as fast as your can, unsafe the gun and fire a slug at the same time if at all possible. you know....if someoen was shooting at you. you will miss. it cant be that difficult to make a regular safety that a lefty could reverse if they wanted to. in fact, I think there are a few guns that you can do that on. gay rich mans safety comes from the fact that the rich man is mostly the one shooting trap, or was, and they were so used to the break action opening levers, thats where they wanted a safety located. the rich run the world, so im sure that had a part in where it went. go ahaed, shoot that shotgun with your thumb off the stock. see if you hit anything with it. if you are walking around and using the safety on the gun with it loaded, chances are you are in a situation where you need a fast shot. easily solved with a push safety within reach of your trigger finger. and you dont have to change your point of aim or grip to unsafe it. hence my term.

just stating why I dont like them :) dont get your panties in a cinch over it.

maverick 88's are $135 at academy here in san antonio. i can't believe that people are charging $200 for the gun.

quality - expect the same quality you would find in a mossberg 500(it's pretty much the same gun for less money).

bvamp, i guess my low hourly wage i used to buy my 590 with makes me gay and rich :rolleyes: i can hit eveything i aim at just fine - even with my thumb on the safety...

I have NEVER had ANY problems in all the years I have hunted deer with slugs in my mossbergs of "missing" cause I had to UNSAFE my shotty with my thumb...

I guess that just makes me a GAY RICH MAN, as I am CAPABLE of USING the GAY RICH MANS safety. :)

COOLNESS!!!!

*HEY EVERYONE!!!* I AM A GAY RICH MAN!!!!!! WOOOWOO!!!

and... I can shoot a mossberg!! :D

:smoke: