RUSSIAN AN-94 WHERE CAN I GET ONE???

I've seen the videos for the new school AKs and want one of the AN-94s bad... where can I get one in the U.S.? I haven't had much luck online... I emailed Izhmash and hope they'll respond... is there an importer of the new school AKs like the old school? thanks, Bearhead

Try Russia! :lolol: Seriously, these things are in short supply even over there. I don't even think they HAVE and export a semi-auto model, so your best bet would be to join SPETSNAZ and emigrate to Russia...

Edited by Jpanzer

Step 1. Turn off caps lock

Step 2. Get passport

Step 3. Fly to Russia

Step 4. Find idiot member of Russian armed forces

Step 5. Buy AN-94 from said idiot

Step 6. Demill AN-94 per ATF specifications

Step 7. Ship demilled AN-94 home

Step 8. Try not to feel guilty when aforementioned idiot is executed

Step 9. Return home

Step 10. Find someone who can make you a custom polymer receiver, barrel and semi-auto trigger group (Did I miss anything?)

Step 11. Assemble your AN-94

Step 12. Try to convince yourself that those few tens of thousands of dollars, the personal risk, and the time spent were worth it for a semi-automatic rifle that chambers an inferior cartridge

• Like 2

Step 2. Get passport

Step 3. Fly to Russia

Step 9. Return home

Step 10. Find someone who can make you a custom polymer receiver, barrel and semi-auto trigger group (Did I miss anything?)

Step 12. Try to convince yourself that those few tens of thousands of dollars, the personal risk, and the time spent were worth it for a semi-automatic rifle that chambers an inferior cartridge

If you go that route, might as well be an SOT and build a burst one!

• Like 1

Step 2. Get passport

Step 3. Fly to Russia

Step 9. Return home

Absolutely! I hadn't thought of that. Come to think of it, I wonder what your legal obligations to foreign laws and policies are, if you're a licensed importer. Would the US hold you accountable if, as a duly licensed importer of NFA items, you obtained an AN-94 in Russia in violation of Russian law, and shipped it to your licensed premises in the United States?

Step 2. Get passport

Step 3. Fly to Russia

Step 9. Return home

Absolutely! I hadn't thought of that. Come to think of it, I wonder what your legal obligations to foreign laws and policies are, if you're a licensed importer. Would the US hold you accountable if, as a duly licensed importer of NFA items, you obtained an AN-94 in Russia in violation of Russian law, and shipped it to your licensed premises in the United States?

As a licensed importer you still have to get an IMPORT PERMIT for said item, and for that type of item you will need a L.E./MIL letter. That being said there are AN-94 MMGs in Russia. They aren't cheap though and they would still need to be demilled to U.S. spec to be used as "parts kits" for some sort of build. Anyhow...definitely not as easy as one might think.

....or you could just contact the Russian mafia and place your order.......

I think that's honestly your best bet.. and that's a bad sign.. I wonder how good the russian mafia is at importing? I used to know some people who knew some people who knew some people that I'd never want to ask for anything.. much less an ileagal weapon, but to be honest when it's that far down the line it's probably all rumors and less credibility anyway.

and Azrial that was so terrible it was almost funny.. almost.. ok I grinned a little

• 3 years later...

whoah! Just got sucked into an old thread...... but since ive already commented,

personally I think it looks like a vz58 and an SGL got together for a sporter session and crapped this out. I stick with my ak's.

Edited by AZG

They are deactivated at the factory, basically they are built on the same production line as fully functioning ANs but have a cut bolt,the firing pin channel is welded so a pin cant be fitted, the barrel is plugged and drilled etc.They come with a certificate to say they are factory made but are incapable of firing or being made to fire.There is quite a range available including AK-105's and Bison sub machine guns.But as I said before they usually have full mil-spec receivers and fcg's.

So is there any legal way to reactivate one of those without spending more than a grand (plus whatever the rifle costs).

i dont really care for the one i use in black ops 2... ill stick with my M4... :lol:
Lol the AN-94 with the S12 as my backup is actually my favorite class i have on that game. You on ps3 or xbox?

So is there any legal way to reactivate one of those without spending more than a grand (plus whatever the rifle costs).

i dont really care for the one i use in black ops 2... ill stick with my M4... laugh.png

Lol the AN-94 with the S12 as my backup is actually my favorite class i have on that game. You on ps3 or xbox?

PS3 ...tag: Vectorsix

• Like 1

highly illegal.

That's a bit like saying "extra pregnant" or "very dead"

Not when "illegal" gets you a slap on the wrist and "highly illegal" gets you locked up, the key thrown away and you end up as the prisons "Mr Bigs" Tuesday afternoon plaything!!!.

i dont really care for the one i use in black ops 2... ill stick with my M4... :lol:

PS3 ...tag: Vectorsix

Ill add you- dubya450