Al Gore is the biggest pile of shit.

How do people not see his plan:

1. Expose that humans are killing the earth by breathing in a documentary funded by a political party.

2. Get all the UN funded scientists to agree with you or lose funding.

3. Propose a plan to treat Carbon output as a monetary resource and create a trading market around it(Cap+trade).

4. Be the CEO and owner of said market.

5. ...

6. PROFIT!!!!

Rant Warning: Before I launch into the below rant, please understand that I am all for being responsible. If a product can be produced in a cost effective manner that is friendly to the environment then by all means the producer has a responsibility to follow that path. My problem is with the self-righteous attitudes of the celebrities and certain members of the "elite" class about how everyone else needs to act.

The whole hollier than thou attitude drives me F'n crazy. You have all these tools in Hollywood proclaiming how YOU should act. Never mind the fact that they're flying around in private jets and all of the resources used to make one of their movies combined with the effects of people going to the movie at the theater is responsible for a thousand times more pollution than what I could personally contribute in my lifetime.

I worked with one of these self-righteous smug little bastard who would constantly give me shit because he has a Prius and I drive a Dodge Ram that on a good day gets 14mpg (the good news is it gets 14mpg on a bad day also). He would always bring it up how me and "my type" were destroying the earth. One day he was giving me grief in front of the whole company during a meeting and I finally had enough. I asked him, "Do you still live in that 4,000sqft house up in the Woodlands? Do you still have 4 kids (two of which have their own cars)? Do you still have your lakehouse and boat? Well, I assure my wife, our two Boxers, and our massive 1600sqft house have almost a zero "Carbon Footprint" compared to you even with the Prius. Oh and by the way battery production is probably one of the most environmentally hazardous process in the manufacturing world." I thought he was going to start crying right there in front of the whole company.

The best question to ask any of these tools is, "So global warming is man-made?" Of course, they answer yes. "So if it's an issue brought forth by modern man and our lifestyles, just how did the last Ice Age end, if we weren't around to raise the earth's temperature with pollution?" That simple question usually leaves them stuttering and bumbling for words.

Edited by GerryV

Meh, Al gore doesn't even believe his own shit.. check out his house in teluride if you ever get a chance, pretty sure that thing is about as efficient as a small city..

And the ammount of changes in climate that have happened without human interference..

It's arrogant to think we even have an effect, when we cover relatively little of the land- and regardless, 75% of this planet is ocean.. We really don't come close to having a significant effect..

And if we did, (which I REALLY don't believe), it's going to change anyway, it has a TON already, it's going to continue to do so forever, and while one specie may die out another will thrive- the worlds been working this way for millions of years. A bad climate for the polar bears doesn't mean the end of the world, it means something else now has a more favorable enviorment.

And for the record, I drive a 99 Firebird formula, and a 99 Suburban, and I have no problem with it. I love pulling up google maps, clicking randomly with some of my more "green minded" friends, and proving that most of the time all your going to hit is water and undeveloped land.

And the fact that their spokesperson has been proven to be outright lyng and plain making up "facts" makes me wonder how this movement has any momentum whatsoever.

Gore's a douchebag, I watched his "documentary"-I watch 'em all, even Mike Moore's crap and he spent as much time belly aching about the election as he did on climate change. It all comes down to common sense. Do you fire up the grill in your living room, enjoy swiming in sewage, walking on beaches lined with spent needles. Probably not. Fine the bastards that pollute, keep the laws simple and enforced when it comes to spewing cfcs, sulfor dioxide, etc. co2 is a large part of air, they might as well tax nitrogen since that's what air is mostly made of. I've always hated Gore since the old PMRC days when his bitch wife tried sweeping censorship on music-die hard metal heads like me don't dig that. If you ever see any footage of the trials with Dee Snyder, Frank Zappa, and John Denver defending the 1st amendment, take notice to Al and Tipper Gore sitting nice and snug with Newt "ass face" Gingrich. Nothing unites the partys like squashing freedom. Loved that post about the Prius prick, had a similar dealing with a co-worker, it's fun shutting them up.

Al Gore just want congress to give him millions of the taxpayers money. His latest millions from congress were for a new over seas car design. Which he had interests in the company.

Some will see if global warming is true or not and some will never know.

Lol Gerry anyone who owns a Prius because they think they are "Protecting the environment" suffers from head-up-ass syndrome.

They're indirectly doing the same damage. Why? Well where does that power come from? In the South East most likely coal mines. In AZ most likely our nuclear plant.

Yea, don't feel so high and mighty now eh?

Lol Gerry anyone who owns a Prius because they think they are "Protecting the environment" suffers from head-up-ass syndrome.

They're indirectly doing the same damage. Why? Well where does that power come from? In the South East most likely coal mines. In AZ most likely our nuclear plant.

Yea, don't feel so high and mighty now eh?

Camon, you say that like you don't believe in "clean coal".

Yeah me neither. :)

One thing you've got to say for the human race, there's not a single issue, crisis or disaster that one of us won't figure out how to turn a buck on it. Me, I'm pretty sure that human industry has taken a natural cycle and cranked it up to 11. But the solution for it isn't going to come from the corporate sector or from politicians or celebrities. They're just making it worse either by profiteering or making it so people focus on the person instead of the issue.

• Like 1