I have searched here and around the net, and I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know what this was until today and never heard of it. It started when I was on another site looking to buy some 25 round mags for my 308 SAIGA that it said that the out of the box config is not 922r compliant.

After some searching, I think I understand what this means but need some help, and I thought this might be the best place to ask it.

My understanding is that since it's an import weapon, if I change the configuration of it, say a pistol grip stock, then it's no longer considered for sporting purposes right?

If that is correct, when looking at those magazines for 25 rounds a piece, does that just mean that the rifle itself must be compliant to use them, i.e. make the necessary changes in parts that are on the list to American parts and that's it?

Will a 25 round magazine fit into a out of the box 308 SAIGA and this regulation doesn't refer to whether it fits or not and is operational?

Sorry guys, I feel retarded.

Will a 25 round magazine fit into a out of the box 308 SAIGA and this regulation doesn't refer to whether it fits or not and is operational?

Yes, much like your car will accelerate to twice the speed limit, and it is up to you know the laws.

Don't worry about it - the 922r laws don't make any sense (but they are the law).

You should check out the Saiga 922r Compliance / THE LAW section here, and read the stickies for a basic education.

Yes, much like your car will accelerate to twice the speed limit, and it is up to you know the laws.

Don't worry about it - the 922r laws don't make any sense (but they are the law).

You should check out the Saiga 922r Compliance / THE LAW section here, and read the stickies for a basic education.

But law isn't going to mean crap when the zombie wars start right? lol

• 2 weeks later...

But law isn't going to mean crap when the zombie wars start right? lol

CORRECT