308 Firing Pins

Here's an email response regarding firing pins for S308's. I posted this to let S308 owners know, as well as American companies who may want to work with RAAC (Hello, Tromix?) And a big thank you to Clyde Woods for his ever-quick replies from RAAC:

Dear Mossb:

Thank you for your intererst in our products. Firing pins should be available very soon. I have them coming from the factory and I am also working on getting them made here in the states. Here is an accessory dealer that will have them in the next month or so. www.SaigaStock.com Excellent company to deal with.

Clyde Woods

Sales & Marketing

RAAC

Excellent news... I would love to be able to buy an entire spare bolt assembly, but even just a few spare firing pins would be nice. My friend's AMD-65 had the tip break off the firing pin a couple months ago, and he just popped out and got a new one. I would be hosed.

Excellent news... I would love to be able to buy an entire spare bolt assembly, but even just a few spare firing pins would be nice. My friend's AMD-65 had the tip break off the firing pin a couple months ago, and he just popped out and got a new one. I would be hosed.

Howzit JulianH, I figured I'd give it a shot and email RAAC after hearing about the legal proceedings at the Russian plant (management/financial shake-up). I figured if production on the rifles is delayed, just send the parts to the States! I think the parts business would be a winner for RAAC and its chosen retailers. Just call them "spare parts" rather than "replacement parts" since Saiga parts never break... :haha: