Damn, I forgot some. Worms Armageddon/World Party for Dreamcast kicked ass! I had a team named S.T.D.S with names like anal warts, rectal pain, etc. I would get online to play and people would be like "what the hell's wrong with you" Loved those games. I agree that every final fantasy after 7 sucked! Speaking of classics, Intellivision had one called AD&D Treasure of Tarmin. It was the first 1st person rpg with inventory management. I still play it on the Intellivision Lives cd rom. I guess I'll add to the list too.

Shattered Union- xbox-awesome turn based strategy

Draken- ps2

Pirates legend of black kat-ps2

Army men RTS-ps2, the only good army men game.

Culdcept-ps2, xbox 360. I weird card/board game that will suck you in.

Baldurs Gate 1-2 ps2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about Worms Armageddon? Another one of my favorites.

Juggs......Ace Combat 4? Wow that brings me back. That really was the last good Ace Combat (in my op)   1. Company Of Heroes (all) 1.1 LEFT 4 FRIGGAN DEAD!!! 2. Empire Total War 3.Rome Total War

Residental Evil 4 (gamecube and wii version which has the ps bonuses) HL Opposing Force Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles House of the Dead: Overkill (if you have a wii, you MUST play this game--c

Posted Images

Namco version of Galaga, Ms Pacman, Falcon, Mechwarrior 4 (I was ranked in the top 100 in the world when that game saw its heyday, and I never joined a clan, go figure), UT infiltration, and maybe BF1942 and its various mods and incarnations along the way....If I had a machine that could run Pacific Storm without crashing, Id probably be addicted to that one along the way, too.....

Space Invaders, Defender, Asteroids.. Forgot DukeNukem 3D

An older guy (55ish) in the old SAFE neighborhood had an Atari, Intellivison, and a TI/99 4A Computer with Expansion BOX (woo-hoo)..

Help him and his elderly wife dust and vaccuum and you were in for the DAY/NIGHT playing games with him or against him. He taught me basic, machine language, and started teaching me FORTRAN and COBOL.. This was back in 79-84... I was like 9-14 years old PROGRAMMING (should have stuck with that carreer).

I had a Timex Sinclair Z81, Commodore Vic 20 with a TAPE drive, then I got the BIG Commodore 128.

I wrote a basic program (10,000 lines+ of code) called Swarm Star that even had JOYSTICK commands and SPRITES... I still got the TAPE with the program and I think the CODE... (scary) on thermal paper.... Ughhh.

Then I got into old cars (60's) and that was it...

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Here's the ones I remember,

Stalker Clear Sky - love it but needs S12's(Count me in for the Mod too, lol.)

Mercenaries - Just plain FUN!

Far Cry

Commandoes

Delta Force seiries

Just starting the Fallout Trilogy

Gaunlet

Rune

Saddly I'm on laptop now and just when I think I can run one, I come up just short on the grafics cards.

I've been out of the video game scene since I sold my PS2 a couple years ago. My girl and I have a Wii, but there's not really any good video games for it.

I used to like the Splinter Cell games. I like to sneak around, listen to corny radio-chatter dialogue and kill bad guys quietly. :lolol:

I've been thinking about getting a PS3 or 360, now that they're both pretty "cheap". Decisions, decisions.

I'm in the same boat as you, I couldn't bring myself to spend $600 on a video game system. But now that they have come down in price I'm thinking PS3 because of the blue ray. Also unless you are an online gamer, PS3 is just better in my opinion.

Juggs......Ace Combat 4? Wow that brings me back. That really was the last good Ace Combat (in my op)

1. Company Of Heroes (all)

1.1 LEFT 4 FRIGGAN DEAD!!!

2. Empire Total War

3.Rome Total War

4. Medieval 2 Total War(and all mods) ;D

5.Cod4

all pc

consoles are for laying your drink down!!!! :blues:

Edited by Bean.223
  • Like 1

Here's the ones I remember,

Stalker Clear Sky - love it but needs S12's(Count me in for the Mod too, lol.)

Mercenaries - Just plain FUN!

Far Cry

Commandoes

Delta Force seiries

Just starting the Fallout Trilogy

Gaunlet

Rune

Saddly I'm on laptop now and just when I think I can run one, I come up just short on the grafics cards.

Okay, for you fellow Stalker fanatics, I'm working on rebalancing the weapon prices in the mod so that they'll better reflect real-world prices and fiddling with the trading system so certain items are worth more to certain buyers (and will consequently cost more from certain sellers). My current test game is showing me that something's still off with the pricing since I'm only in the first area of the game and I've amassed a ridiculous fortune all ready. Once I get it corrected I'll upload all the necessary files and post the links here and in my profile so they're easier to find. What that'll be is the first two installers for the original mod I built on (AMK Mod) and then the most recent stable build of mine. And yes, there will be S12s, a couple of different types actually including one unique version (no Etin Thrasher though, sorry BpS12). All together it'll add about 70 or so new weapons on top of the original game, improved models for many of them, much more random equipment in the hands of NPCs and an improvement of how NPCs "see" different weapons. Now the AI in the game can actually tell the difference between a junk sawed-off shotgun and an AKSU and they will readily switch over to better guns if they receive them, buy them or find them. They also know not to try and use sniper rifles and rocket launchers for CQB. The AMK mod itself also puts back in or adds stuff the developers left out, like blowouts, NPC looting, equipment stashes you can place on your own, GPS transmitters and a sleep system. NPCs can throw grenades now, so that's something to watch out for. :) NPCs can also heal each other and themselves if they have medkits and will also send messages over the PDA system; it'll be everything from random chatter to information on enemies they've spotted (dead or alive) to warnings about impending blowouts to calls for help. The AMK and AMK English translation teams did most of the heavy lifting, I just added a ton of weapons and the new AI handling into it and I'm still working on some of the messier translated dialog sections. If you can deal with some of the rough edges, I should have a new stable build by the end of this week.

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield Vietnam

Do you have to lead a squad or platoon in these games? I am a lone wolf, rouge, gamer who likes WWII games, but I want to shoot and explore, not lead virtual troops. Do the Battlefield games offer what I'm looking for or do you have to keep other people occupied and alive?

WJ

I roll old-school.

MAME1.jpg

I'm accualy a little jealous of that arcade you have...

so lets see here...

Current obsession: Fallout 3

Most hours wasted playing: Contra

I played contra as a kid untill i could beat it without cheat, on the first 3 lives without continues... a few years back i found someone who had a working NES that had it... I still can beat it without the code, took me a continue though.

Most money dumped in the arcade: X-men

Most money spent upgrading Comp to play: Elder scrolls 3: Morrowind

Honorable mentions: Metal Gear, House of the dead, mortal combat, Doom, Quake, Rainbow Six 3...

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield Vietnam

Do you have to lead a squad or platoon in these games? I am a lone wolf, rouge, gamer who likes WWII games, but I want to shoot and explore, not lead virtual troops. Do the Battlefield games offer what I'm looking for or do you have to keep other people occupied and alive?

WJ

Nope. These are all 1st person shooters that you can 'lone wolf' it in. You don't have to worry about keeping anyone alive but yourself, or if you choose, you can be a part of a group. Battlefield 2 concentrates a little more on a squad, but you still are responsible only for your own actions, not keeping someone else alive.

As a matter of fact, I like to play the sniper class and find the most obscure places to hide where I can snipe at LONG ranges (can barely see my targets). In BF Vietnam, the terrain is interactive, so I have found some great sniping spots.

Edited by TR Young

My current favorite is Wolfenstein. I'm not a huge gamer, but I really like the ability to alter time and space in the game. Plus, the graphics for this game, using a PS3, are very good.

WJ

WJ... did you ever slum at Pinball Pete's???

I used to work there once upon a time...

System Shock 2 was hands down the best game ever.. but it's aged so much that the hardcore scary realistic enviorments are now pretty much fail.. Imagine dead space+ Bioshock+ Halo.. and your getting there... Used enviorment to be creepy instead of modern shock factor.. was insane..

Red Alert- my first online game.. been using the same screename ever since

Super Mario- this and castlevania were isanely fun for me on the SNES

Sonic Adventure 2- I don't even like sonic but for some reason that game was intense

Counter strike- Ok, it was addicting.. completly bullshit for how "realistic" it was supposed to be.. but it was decent fun.. Why grenades were so wimpy and recoil was so random from weapon to weapon will always confuse me.. Plus the prices on weapons were flat out retarded (guess I spend too much time with real guns). Oh and I hate the awp.. absolutely hate it.. I think the reason CS was so damn frustrating is because my aim was a lot better in real life whereas in CS I spastic and never understood it well enough.

Halo 2 and 3- I really thought Halo CE was a crap game, but for some reason I joined every other person in the world who loves overated games and jumped on the bandwagon for 2 and 3.. havn't tried ODST and probably won't until the price comes down in a year or 5

Unreal Tournament- Loved playing it with friends

Smash Bros/Mario Karts/DK bongos- Great series for drinking with friends

Other random crap I can't be bothered to talk about- Baldur's Gate, Worms, Scorched Earth.. Mm I think thats it for all the games that really struck me as being insanely fun and not a chore disguised as fun like a lot of the grinding games about.

System Shock 2 was hands down the best game ever.. but it's aged so much that the hardcore scary realistic enviorments are now pretty much fail.. Imagine dead space+ Bioshock+ Halo.. and your getting there... Used enviorment to be creepy instead of modern shock factor.. was insane..

SS2 was definitely good. Damn that bitch Shodan. :D

Deus Ex was another fantastic game, it had some of the features that made SS2 so great.

Bioshock is SS2's successor in some ways. Ken Levine was deeply involved with both games. Imo, Bioshock was as good or better than SS2, at least when it comes to storyline, environment, and gameplay. Bioshock's achilles' heel was the fact that death really has no significantly negative consequence, (which I didn't even realize until after I'd played through it the first time, being very careful not to ever die, of course).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Fallout 2, 3, Tactics

Morrowind and Oblivion

Day of Defeat, Day of Defeat: Source

CounterStrike and CounterStrike Source, when playing on a zombie mod server

Twinsen's Odyssey, shockingly enough

There are others, but man Morrowind and Day of Defeat are EPIC FUCKING TIER.

My current favorite is Wolfenstein. I'm not a huge gamer, but I really like the ability to alter time and space in the game. Plus, the graphics for this game, using a PS3, are very good.

WJ

WJ... did you ever slum at Pinball Pete's???

I used to work there once upon a time...

Never got there. I guess I was too busy tearing up the neighborhood on my dirt bikes. I was mostly into dirt bikes and snowmobiles in my "good old days."

House of the Dead: Overkill (if you have a wii, you MUST play this game--check out the intro

)

:lolol:

I'm going to have to pick that up. Gotta love a mindless first-person shooter. I remember playing similar games in arcades.

With features like "Goregasm" mode and the ability to wield dual weapons, you know the guys that made this game had their hearts in the right place. :devil::lolol::super:

Juggs......Ace Combat 4? Wow that brings me back. That really was the last good Ace Combat (in my op)

2. Empire Total War

3.Rome Total War

5.Cod4

all pc

Bean, my man! Left 4 Dead is the baddest, most awesome, zombie killing game I have ever seen. There's hardly even any plot to it. You just go in and blast the fuck out of HORDES of zombies (wave after wave after wave after wave). It's one righteous zombie-killer thriller.

My favorites are Gears of War and Gears of War 2.

Edited by Bounce12

2. Empire Total War

3.Rome Total War

5.Cod4

all pc

Company of Heroes are amazing RTS games. Beautiful, easy to learn hard to master. Fuck yes for a physics engine in an RTS that actually does more than just blow stuff up cool.

L4D Is also fun. GRABBIN PILLS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKu60YKqsvs