bullet guide confusion

1) why do i need a bullet guide to use milsurp mags but i dont need one to use saiga mags? whats the difference?

2) i just bought dinzags guide for my 5.45. i havent installed it yet but i slipped it in position just to see what it was like and it hangs over the edge a little. is it supposed to hang over?

1) why do i need a bullet guide to use milsurp mags but i dont need one to use saiga mags? whats the difference?

2) i just bought dinzags guide for my 5.45. i havent installed it yet but i slipped it in position just to see what it was like and it hangs over the edge a little. is it supposed to hang over?

I don't know a damn thing, about 5.45's specifically, but assuming the answers to your 2 questions are the same as they would be, if speaking of a x39 Saiga.......

1) Compare a regular AK mag next to a Saiga mag. You'll see that there's a little "lip" on the front of the feedlip area, that is absent on a regular AK mag. Using a regular AK mag (again, which doesn't have that "lip"), the bullet guide bumps the round up a tad, when it's being fed into the chamber. That's exactly what the "lip" on the front of factory Saiga mags do.

2) I've heard that they are supposed to, but I've seen pics of some peoples guide installs and it sits flush. The bullet guide I have in my x39 hangs over the edge a tad too. Loaded mags rock in with zero problem and rounds feed 100%. (My guide is from Dinzag too)

I don't know a damn thing, about 5.45's specifically, but assuming the answers to your 2 questions are the same as they would be, if speaking of a x39 Saiga.......

1) Compare a regular AK mag next to a Saiga mag. You'll see that there's a little "lip" on the front of the feedlip area, that is absent on a regular AK mag. Using a regular AK mag (again, which doesn't have that "lip"), the bullet guide bumps the round up a tad, when it's being fed into the chamber. That's exactly what the "lip" on the front of factory Saiga mags do.

2) I've heard that they are supposed to, but I've seen pics of some peoples guide installs and it sits flush. The bullet guide I have in my x39 hangs over the edge a tad too. Loaded mags rock in with zero problem and rounds feed 100%. (My guide is from Dinzag too)

alright, i havent had the chance to get any milsurp mags so i couldnt compare the 2 myself.

thanks