10/22 that shoots arrows???????

I have seen guys cut open 3" 410 shells, and take a regular arrow fletchings and all, and twist that down the barrel and seat it into the shell on top of the wad.....i dont recommend it, but I have seen it done.....

22 version is pretty cool...it must use powder nailer blanks to get that velocity....

You might already know about this but there is a crossbow upper that attaches to your standard AR lower. I've never used it but if you are interested it doesn't hurt to check it out. It might hurt the wallet though. It's the "Tac 15 Crossbow".

Edited by THE RIPPER

You might already know about this but there is a crossbow upper that attaches to your standard AR lower. I've never used it but if you are interested it doesn't hurt to check it out. It might hurt the wallet though. It's the "Tac 15 Crossbow".

Yeah, I saw that silly thing in the SGN. What a ridiculous idea.

Yeah, I saw that silly thing in the SGN. What a ridiculous idea.

I agree with you but you know the saying "There is an ass for every seat". Somebody that passes thru this thread might be interested in one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

powder nailer blanks arent exactly 22 blanks, but they work just fine, and you can get them in 4 or 5 power levels....not sure if the reds are a good idea in a 22, but its an option thats REAL easy to find at any hardware store....

Know why nobody uses bows anymore? Someone invented guns. :killer: My .02

I do. I love the skill required to place a nice grouping of 3 arrows touching each other at 40 yards. :smoke: Archery has long been one of my favorite pastimes.

I'm not denying bows can be lethal, of course. Just look at what Rambo can do with one. :P All I'm saying is, if I have the choice of a semi-automatic firearm or a bow, I'm choosing gun. Why pay an extra few hundred dollars to convert a gun to a bow, unless you're bloody rich and have overflowing pockets?

• 1 month later...

I almost bought one of those 10/22 barrels before, but the same company makes an air rifle that shoots arrows and I bought that instead. With the CO2 turned up all the way, it shoot 16" aluminum shafts at around 500-510 FPS. Sounds like a 22 short going off.

arrowgun-1.jpg

That's a 75 yard grouping.

Corbin