Breaking News - Izhmash Is Solvent

It was fake from the get-go.

One western media outlet only has to mistranslate and BOOM everyone else is following their lead.

This is not the first time the western media has sounded Izhmash's death knoll, only to find that Izhmash is chugging along just fine.

• Like 1

It was not a rumor, Izhmash themselves posted info about it on their Russian language website:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/09/30/update-on-the-izhmash-bankruptcy/

It seems another company was petitioning the court to make them go into bankruptcy because they did not think Izhmash could meet their debts.

So not quite what the media was originally reporting - but they did have to defend themselves in court.

the source I posted from was from Pravda's english site.....

Not always accurate... but I would not call them western....

Pravda + propaganda = Non Western...

Fixed it for ya....

The point is: Quite a few reporters in the news industry don't do any news work any more. They get their "news" from blogs and other sources that are not verifiable and don't do a lick of their own research to see if the news is actually news before they run with it.

ONE western agency saw this pravda.ru story and ran with it, so other western agencies jumped on the bandwagon along with them. None of them verified it.

For you young folks, pravda was the USSR's communist propaganda outlet. "Truth" = "the truth the motherland wants you to know"

As far as "blogs as news", quite a few news agencies have been caught doing this.

Edited by nalioth

The point is: Quite a few reporters in the news industry don't do any news work any more. They get their "news" from blogs and other sources that are not verifiable and don't do a lick of their own research to see if the news is actually news before they run with it.

ONE western agency saw this pravda.ru story and ran with it, so other western agencies jumped on the bandwagon along with them. None of them verified it.

For you young folks, pravda was the USSR's communist propaganda outlet. "Truth" = "the truth the motherland wants you to know"

As far as "blogs as news", quite a few news agencies have been caught doing this.

:rolleyes:

And what is it that we're doing here? Running with this story, which is a blog entry, which cites an computerized translation of another blog entry. :lolol:

And what is it that we're doing here? Running with this story, which is a blog entry, which cites an computerized translation of another blog entry. :lolol:

Perhaps you can use your excellent Russian language skills, and journalistic expertise to get to the bottom of this for everyone.....

"Contempt prior to investigation is the hallmark of a fool" - Anonymous

WS

yeh well, let me explain it in simple terms -

someone wanted thier investment to turn over faster than it has, and when it didnt they filed to FORCE it back, and the Russian government took the paper and told them to shove it up thier asses.

Russian politics is always amusing.

And I wouldnt count on a x54R Saiga in the states just yet, especially with sales how they have been lately. the 5.45's have been moving much slower than expected, and Im sure the 54R would move even slower right now, with the price tag its sure to include.

What does Will constantly tell me? either spill it or shut up? well, Ill shut up now LOL

And I wouldnt count on a x54R Saiga in the states just yet, especially with sales how they have been lately. the 5.45's have been moving much slower than expected, and Im sure the 54R would move even slower right now, with the price tag its sure to include.

Well, I've been doing my part to move those sales. :-)

Perhaps you can use your excellent Russian language skills, and journalistic expertise to get to the bottom of this for everyone.....

WS

Don't get all offended. The criticism isn't about not knowing, it's about jumping on unsubstantiated claims. Especially ironic when people here are criticizing others for doing just that. I agree with your quote :lolol:

guys, you have to remember that they do not do things the same way that we do here.

when a creditor complains here, theres a huge amount of paperwork, court hearings, etc....

in Russia, when it comes to a state industry such as this, it goes all the way to the top, and the government sets it straight. noone is going to get the full details. The Russian small arms industry is still a state "secret". Think of it in our terms as a "trade secret".

how do you all know it wasnt us stupid Amerikans that blew our economy out the bottom that didnt cause this minor situation?

I just hope that that isnt the case, as I still want to see one of these guns behind every American gun owner's front door......we are talking about a firearm that our children can shoot, maintain, fix, and have last them a lifetime.....

• Like 1

Actually, I can tell you what killed the Russian economy, same as ours, in two easy words: George Soros. Basically, he manipulated the ruble on the global currency markets until it collapsed, possibly as a trial-run for doing the same to help get his chosen puppet into the Oval Office here.

Hey, stranger things have happened... quite frequently. (Like said puppet appointing a NAMBLA-symp perv as Orwellian-titled "Safe Schools Czar", for one...)

Edited by Diamondback
  • Like 1

WS

Don't get all offended. The criticism isn't about not knowing, it's about jumping on unsubstantiated claims. Especially ironic when people here are criticizing others for doing just that. I agree with your quote :lolol:

I wasnt at all offended. Just stating the obvious.

Anyway, I think its clear that Izhmash is not bankrupt, or even close to bankrupt. The company literally mints the equivalent of hard currency.

I can think of many situations where an Izhmash AK/Anything is worth many times its weight in solid gold.

WS