Good price on a Saiga .308?

I've got a line on a .308. Need to know this:

Is $500 to much for a .308? The guy selling his factory-stock .308 has five and wants to get rid of them with the rifle. So he raised the price overall. I've shopped around and apparently these are roughly forty each. That means it's roughly $200 for the magazines. Therefor, his Saiga itself is $500.

He's asking $650 for all of it. So am I getting a deal or can you find Saiga .308's cheaper than $500 somewhere?

Doesn't sound great, doesn't sound shitty. If it is a person to person deal, you have no recourse if you have any issues with the rifle. My favorite local gun shop (the only one I will buy from) will order anything a guy wants. At least buying from a gun shop gives you a course of action if you are not satisfied, or have any other type of issues with a rifle. That alone is worth a couple of bucks.

best new price Ive seen is 499 from centerfire, I paid 559 for mine

so do the numbers

500 for rifle

10 dollars shipping

15 dollar credit card fee

35 dollar transfer fee

225 5 mags at 45 each (includes shipping)

785 Optimistic total

650 is a very good price as new, if used about what its worth

Edited by jeepranch

I'm not sure if a factory Saiga .308 with 20 round mags is 922r compliant. My Saiga .308 has been converted, so I know I'm good, plus Montana has no magazine capacity restrictions. If you need to do any conversion work to be legal, don't forget to add that into the cost. It's worth checking into.

I've got a line on a .308. Need to know this:

Is $500 to much for a .308? The guy selling his factory-stock .308 has five and wants to get rid of them with the rifle. So he raised the price overall. I've shopped around and apparently these are roughly forty each. That means it's roughly $200 for the magazines. Therefor, his Saiga itself is $500.

He's asking $650 for all of it. So am I getting a deal or can you find Saiga .308's cheaper than $500 somewhere?

I just picked one up for 475. The cheapest I've seen in awhile so I jumped on it.

-Scott