Ok, so you have a nice new Saiga and your probably about to post..."Is the Tapco T6 any good, I dont even need to convert my gun." Or "I dont want to mess up my new gun, what about the Tapco T6?"

My answer...or maybe more of my opinion...whatever...

After buying my Saiga I wanted to make it look tacticool. I wanted to do it fast and easy...I bought the Tapco T6. I thought, what kind of nut would start hacking away at a perfectly good weapon?! Well, I am that nut.

The Tapco just didnt look "right" on my Saiga. The gap from the trigger guard to the mag release looked out of place. The pistol grip sat behind the receiver. The trigger pull on the Saiga was adequate at best. After the conversion My Conversion PostI had a much better feeling trigger and my trigger group was right next to my mag release where I wanted it...within easy reach. My pistol grip was now under the receiver and the balance of the gun had been completely changed. My only regret is that until I get an ACE or Tromix skeleton stock, I am stuck with my less than solid Tapco T6. (I have a Knoxx recoil compensating M4 style on my Remmy 870 and it feels SOLID, the Tapco feels like it should be on a supersoaker compared to it.)

Dont be in a rush to make your Saiga tacticool by taking the easy way out. You may be happy with it at first, but if you ever get your hands on a converted one, your gonna' want to convert yours. Bottom line, do what makes you happy...its your gun...but I can assure you, you will never regret converting it...but you might regret not.

P.S. If you are in NY and need help with your conversion...I have the tools and am willing to lend a hand.

Edited by Flashbang

I received my Saiaga 410 as a gift. It was somthing I never would've thought of buying for myself,but when I got it, I really liked the concept of it. However it didnt feel right in my hands. Of course, having owned other AK guns, and having a pistol grip on every other gun I own, I knew about the converted Saigas. I finally got around to doing mine, and LOVE it. I was kinda confused abou the process until I decided to just start taking it apart for myself and find out what needed to be done, rather than going in with a checklist that someone else wrote. Within a couple hours I had the fab done and a trigger stolen out of an AK to mock it up. Finished it up the next day and wish I had a friends to convert now!

Waiting on furniture