Kobra problems

Hello guys,

Just purchased my Kobra optics from a gun show here in town. And no sooner did I get it to the range, the optics died on me.

Tried changing batteries (checked polarity) and nothing.

Anyone know whom I would contact (manufactures links) to see about getting it repaired. Hate to think I just wasted my money.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to me once too! I had baought a weaver base mount Kobra for my M4 clone from CDNN and every time the bolt flew forward and every time I shot a round the reticle would diminish in illumintion untill it was so low I couldn't see it any more. So already owning a Kobra 1st gen. and a Kobra 2nd gen. side mount scopes. I knew something was not up to snuff so I sent it back and got a full refund and as always Randal at CDNN was good to me.

Afterwards I was at a gunshow and talking to a guy who imports all kinds of AK's and Saiga stuff, everything you can think of and Kobras too. He said that that prolem is frequent now with the poor quality of seconds and rejects being imported into the country to satisfy the consumer demand for this quality optic. He said it is a shame but often the case with the new kobras.

He also said he's repaired a few for his clients by taking them apart ( I have never done, so don't ask me how.) and reconecting some lose wires or with soder building up the connector to the brightness controll toggle.

After this another guy told me he built up his connector for the brightness controll toggle by squeezing a very small piece of tin foil.

Sorry but a wire and a prayer are not my modis aparindi.

If it don't work I send it back, that means I sometimes pay much more for the same thing my buddy has, but at least the places where I buy from have great customer service and generous warranties, like CDNN.

:unsure: I guess you could take yours apart and repair it yourself. IT SEEMS THAT THE MAJOR SOURCE OF MALFUNCTION IS THE BRIGHTNESS CONTROLL TOGGLE. I was told also one of the springs could be jamming the brightness controll toggle.

Once again the problem always seems to be that brightness control toggle.

Perhaps you could build up your connectors with soder or squeeze some tin foil in between the conectors like that one guy did.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS! :eek:

:osama::killer: