Izhmash NOT going bankrupt?

Maybe I forgot, but I just read here in the "DSA for Saiga .308" thread that Izhmash was going bankrupt! This kind of shocked me. Really, Izhmash, the factory of Mikhail, birthplace of the AK-pattern rifle, BANKRUPT?!

Then I found this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/08/breaking-news-izhmash-is-not-insolvent-and-operations-will-continue-as-normal/

If I'm reading this right, a creditor to Izhmash went bust, and tried to recover it's loses by closing Izhmash down or something.

But apparently it's not going tits up.

EDIT:

Translating this website into English got me this:

Arbitral tribunal Udmurtia recorded statement OOO Gremikha "bankruptcy" Izhevsk Machine-Building Plant "(OJSC" Izhmash), Russia's largest producer of small arms, Interfax reported. The court session, during which will test the validity of such a statement is scheduled for October 7, 2009. The court session, during which will test the validity of such a statement is scheduled for October 7, 2009.

What does OOO Gremikha "to Izhmash not reported. What does OOO Gremikha "to Izhmash not reported. In the Izhmash "Lente.Ru" comments could be obtained. In very Izhmash Lente.Ru "comments could be obtained.

According to government regulation of 2008, OAO Izhmash was appointed the head organization of companies Izhmash. In addition to the JSC, in the new holding company were also included Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Izhevsk mechanical plant", JSC "NITI 'Progress'", "The Hammer", "Klimovsky specialized ammunition plant" and some other assets. In addition to the JSC, in the new holding company were also included Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Izhevsk Mechanical Plant, JSC" NITI 'Progress' "," The Hammer "," Klimovsky specialized ammunition plant and some other assets.

According to the radio station Ekho Moskvy, was earlier suspended production at the plant "Molot" largest producer of Kalashnikov machine guns. The reason for the stop was a simple production capacity of the plant due to lack of state orders. The reason for the stop was a simple production capacity of the plant due to lack of state orders.

Izhmash supplying small arms to 15 countries. State Corporation Rostekhnologii controls 57.01 percent of shares Izhmash. State Corporation Rostekhnologii controls 57.01 percent of shares Izhmash. Another 11,15 percent of shares belong to JSC "Concern" Izhmash ' ", and 10.88 per cent - to the Ministry of Property Relations of Udmurtia. Another 11.15 percent of shares belong to JSC" Concern "Izhmash' ", and 10.88 per cent - to the Ministry of Property Relations of Udmurtia.

From what I can gather, a company (JSC?) owned shares in Izhmash. They've gone under. Apparently the media, from Germany to America, didn't get their translation straight and read it as Izhmash filing for bankruptcy.

What does all this mean to you? DO NOT LET SOMEONE TELL YOU YOU HAVE TO BUY YOUR SAIGA OR RUSSIAN AK NOW. If they throw a "Izhmash is going out of business" at you, tell them you know otherwise. If they doubt you, bring them a print out and the URL of those websites.

Edited by Paladin_Hammer
  • Like 1