Just got the NRA newsletter on this one. Sucks to be you, California. :ded:

Sucks to be all of us. This is just the kind of precedent setting legislation that the Brady Bunch will be jerking themselves off to tonight. And they won't stop at Kalifornistan.

Contact your reps now and tell them you'll kick their asses (out of office) if they even consider this type of legislation.

In Arizona, we killed SB2833 (serialized ammo bill) last November. But they will try again. And again. And again.

From January 16, 2008 to August 31, 2009, 229 prohibited people purchased ammunition of which 173 had previous felony convictions, including gang members. From the matching of ammunition purchase records to the California prohibited persons file, the Sacramento DA was able to charge 181 of the purchasers with felonies.

Maybe I am not very good at math, but if 173 had previous felony convictions, how is the DA prosecuting 181 purchasers with felonies?

Now that they are convicted of even more felonies, I am sure they won't buy ammo anymore because it would be illegal!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer

Hold on to your shorts! Remember, Kalifornia is the bell weather or leader for the rest of the country. If they can get away with this (seams like it's not constitutional) we're all screwed. Don't get to comfortable jabbing the poor bastards. But then again, look around are any of us in any better shape right now?

Sucks to be all of us. This is just the kind of precedent setting legislation that the Brady Bunch will be jerking themselves off to tonight. And they won't stop at Kalifornistan.

I read that this is a revival of legislation that got already got repealed a couple decades back, so I'm not too worried.

Hold on to your shorts! Remember, Kalifornia is the bell weather or leader for the rest of the country.

CA is bleeding and struggling to hold in its guts right now, and the rest of the nation knows it. I wouldn't make them out to be leadership material at the moment, but then again I'm not a politician.

I read that this is a revival of legislation that got already got repealed a couple decades back, so I'm not too worried.

Hold on to your shorts! Remember, Kalifornia is the bell weather or leader for the rest of the country.

CA is bleeding and struggling to hold in its guts right now, and the rest of the nation knows it. I wouldn't make them out to be leadership material at the moment, but then again I'm not a politician.

And at the rate they spend money in DC, you don't think the rest of the nation will not be bleeding and struggling to hold in its guts? The US congress is spending far more than CA! and at an ever increasing rate. Like I said, CA is the weather vain of our country. Your words are quite accurate and on the money for us ALL! Would you say the current US Gov is leadership material?

Mark my words. Do you think our Gov can spend like this forever with out bleeding and struggle? Maybe you should be a Politician at least you might have some common sense!

They don't seem to have any.

Edited by Fluid Power

Did any of you Californians out there not stock up already? I see this coming across the whole country, maybe a federal law. As somebody pointed out, California (Virginia somewhat too) is the testing ground of de-libertizing legislation.

I know if they try anything with gun legislation at the Federal level, it will have to due with ammunition, and the NRA will be involved to say, "Look!! At least you still have your guns!!" Yeah, what good are they empty, I can't even put a bayonet on any of mine because of my AWB at the state level.

But ammo is key... I have a certain level that I won't let myself go below, I buy more as I shoot, that way if anything whack like that happened I would still have enough to go around for me and my family. Plus the thousands of components (Legal amount, barely...) I have, I don't really worry about running out of ammo. I do worry about other people who keep one box of 06 around for their bolt action and a box of buckshot for their pump when it comes to legislation like this.

Time to close up shop, big flight tomorrow, lets see how the TSA treats me with my bolty.

I don't like it either......... BUT as legal gun owners, what suggestions could we make to government and law enforcement to help keep guns & ammo out of the hands of criminals?

My big one would be much stiffer penalties for violent crime. Keep the criminals locked up, not the guns and ammo.

If I could totally trust government and law enforcement, I wouldn't have a problem with any kind of firearm registration and records on ammo purchases. That's the whole idea behind 2A though, we absolutely CAN'T totally trust government and law enforcement.

The government and law enforcement that we can't totally trust, are also the ones responsible for locking up the violent criminals, and they aren't getting that done very well either. Violent felons keep getting released & paroled.

So the solution to this as I see it, is we need a trustworthy government and zero tolerance of violent crime. :rolleyes::lolol::lolol::lolol:

For my next joke.... three guys walk into a bar..........

Edited by Spartacus

Saprtacus said:

"I don't like it either......... BUT as legal gun owners, what suggestions could we make to government and law enforcement to help keep guns & ammo out of the hands of criminals?"

This statement is criminal!

YOU GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN CRIMINALS!!!

If you know you have criminals, the last thing you worry about is gun control! WTF? Get the damn CRIMINALS! Get it? It's as simple as that.

I bet the damn cops know who all these criminals are! But the damn lawyers keep them on the street to kill and deal and maim.

Wow, I can't believe it.

Why not just round up the citizens and fence in the outlaws! At least I'm sure you can heard sheeple.

Edited by Fluid Power
  • Like 1

The government and law enforcement that we can't totally trust, are also the ones responsible for locking up the violent criminals, and they aren't getting that done very well either. Violent felons keep getting released & paroled.

So the solution to this as I see it, is we need a trustworthy government and zero tolerance of violent crime. :rolleyes::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Spartacus,

Unfortunately, those of us that are on patrol call this tactic "Catch and Release!" Until the courts are willing to start denying bail for the violent felons, we will have to keep locking them up and watching them get released. I am just as upset about seeing monsters on the streets as everyone else. I do my part by getting them off of the streets, but I do not have any control over the ones that are letting them out.

I bet the damn cops know who all these criminals are! But the damn lawyers keep them on the street to kill and deal and maim.

Exactly right!

Can't tell you how many times I've had to fight with some POS, put him in jail.

Then see him at Walmart the next saturday while I'm shopping with my kids!

Believe me when I say "Damn Cops", I do not refer to the street patrol officer, but the politically correct management that cower in fear of the leftist activist! They roll over to cling to their job as they placate the Liberal City Hall.

This is just what lefty wants!

Edited by Fluid Power

Since California is bankrupt, we need to revoke their State charter and make them a territory again until such time as they can prove they can create a WORKING Government to honestly represent the people.

Since California is bankrupt, we need to revoke their State charter and make them a territory again until such time as they can prove they can create a WORKING Government to honestly represent the people.

Then they can go back to hanging criminals! Oh Ya!

rolleyes.gif

Saprtacus said:

"I don't like it either......... BUT as legal gun owners, what suggestions could we make to government and law enforcement to help keep guns & ammo out of the hands of criminals?"

This statement is criminal!

YOU GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN CRIMINALS!!!

If you know you have criminals, the last thing you worry about is gun control! WTF? Get the damn CRIMINALS! Get it? It's as simple as that.

Wow, I can't believe it.

Why not just round up the citizens and fence in the outlaws! At least I'm sure you can heard sheeple.

Fluid, take the statement in context, read my whole post I agree with you.

Spartacus,

Unfortunately, those of us that are on patrol call this tactic "Catch and Release!" Until the courts are willing to start denying bail for the violent felons, we will have to keep locking them up and watching them get released. I am just as upset about seeing monsters on the streets as everyone else. I do my part by getting them off of the streets, but I do not have any control over the ones that are letting them out.

GeorgiaPD & Will, I know there are a lot of good guys out there doing what they can.

God bless you and the good cops out there that are still fighting the good fight.

What I'm saying is government and law enforcement considered as a collective whole is still falling far short.

>>Until the courts are willing to start denying bail for the violent felons....

Who do we put pressure on to do that?

Mayors? DAs?

Edited by Spartacus

This BS is why most of the productive people moved out of that state including me. They regulated and taxed businesses and many of them moved out of state. Former Assembly Speaker Willy Brown's solution was to raise taxes while other states came to attract businesses to move away and gave them incentives. The GoverNazi is a RINO and his behavior reflect his Kennedy in laws.

These police state laws are part of the reason I moved away and won't move back there.

Police chiefs who endorse these laws usually are not regular cops but politically appointed hacks who march in goose steps with the DemocRATs. Most cops are tired of the catch and release system where these lawyers turned the justice system into a revolving door and support the Second Amendment.

Maria Schriver is just not hot enough to get me to start thinking like a Kennedy.

I have no clue WTF Arnie is thinking.

Maybe Maria's a (typical horny Kennedy) "schlut?" :D

I guess you would have to watch the first "Conan The Destroyer" movie :eek: to catch that. :lol:

I had planed to go to Californian on vacation this up coming summer. I sent a letter to the governor stating that if he singed that bill I would never travail to Californian and I would cancel my travail plans. I called the hotel in Monterey and canceled our reservation and told them it was because of the ammo bill. If I was not welcome in Californian because of my life stile then I would spend my dollars some where else. I then sent one more letter to the governor telling him the same thing. So now we are going to Vegas.

• Like 1

I don't like it either......... BUT as legal gun owners, what suggestions could we make to government and law enforcement to help keep guns & ammo out of the hands of criminals?

My big one would be much stiffer penalties for violent crime. Keep the criminals locked up, not the guns and ammo.

If I could totally trust government and law enforcement, I wouldn't have a problem with any kind of firearm registration and records on ammo purchases. That's the whole idea behind 2A though, we absolutely CAN'T totally trust government and law enforcement.

For my next joke.... three guys walk into a bar..........

Excuse me, I'd like some of the Kool Aid that you are drinking to ease my pain... ONE= There are already far too many laws on the books, and especially laws that deal with how to handle criminals. CA doesn't have any money right now, and their solution is TO LET THE CRIMMINALS GO FREE, because they cannot afford to house them. Your solution seems to be the simple answer of build more prisons - oh, wait CA DOESN'T have any money, so it's letting criminals go FREE! TWO= Seriously, PLEASE tell me, What in your life time has ever prompted you to trust THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and why would you EVER even consider FIREARM REGISTRATION? Are you seriuosly that mentally incapacitated that you could not see where that path has gone for every generation or community before us? Seriously dude? What the fuck are you thinking? Seriuosly dude, I ask you to defend your thoughts on this. I am being ratioal. I really want to know what is going on in your mind on this one. Don't try to laugh it off as a burp of a passing moment. I want some cold hard facts on how this would benifit us all. Any true student of the history of gun registration in the history of mankind will tell you that it it ultimately leads to gun control and gun confistication. How can you possibly make a statement like that, let alone on a Russian gun forum and defend yourself? I'm surprised that you weren't vehemently attacked. maybe it's because of the pussy amerikans that have already accepted the government control of business, banks and insurance companies in this country. I don't know. People in this country have become self complacent over the last decade or so. Letting shit slide, and doing the "oh Me" "Oh My", "Well as long as it doesn't affect me or my pocket book, what do I care" Narcissm attitude. I see it happen to others, but I'd better not raise my voice, or they will affect me. WELL GUESS WHAT FOLKS? WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT TRILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT OF WALL STREET WAS??!! Did you see the report on MSN yesterday, where the bailout had a magical effect of creating a new era of wealth on Wall Street? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU GIVE ALL YOU BUDDIES TRILLIONS OF the taxpayers MONEY? AND NO-ONE RAISED a shit!??! THEY are going to keep on raping and you and robbing you and giving they money and power to their buddies until one day, you lose YOUR job because of it. And by then, no one will be around to rally for your cause, because they have already lost their jobs. It is not the mom and pops, it is not the salaried, it is not the union workers, It Is The FUCKING greed OF the WALL STREET and THE BANKER community AND FACT CAT CEO's that are destroying our country. I guess I got a little of track Keep your little fucking bar jokes to yourself. this country is going down and the true recession hasn't even started yet. But I guess it's ok, they can always print more money. Sorry for the cursing, rant is over. Stockpile while you can. If they started executing some of these known hard core criminals, that reall ok. I give up. I'm not going to delete this, but not going to rant more either. I am really torn as to weather even post it or not. I DO think it needs to be said. I don't know if there is anyone left that gives a hoot enough to care.

I had planed to go to Californian on vacation this up coming summer. I sent a letter to the governor stating that if he singed that bill I would never travail to Californian and I would cancel my travail plans. I called the hotel in Monterey and canceled our reservation and told them it was because of the ammo bill. If I was not welcome in Californian because of my life stile then I would spend my dollars some where else. I then sent one more letter to the governor telling him the same thing. So now we are going to Vegas.

You rock.