Rifled Saiga-12 Barrel in the works

• 2 months later...

Well guys It should be ready soon! I must say I really can't explain how excited iam. I have a lot of really cool guns, but this is going to be the fucking coolest by far! Tony has out done himself and has put together a absolutly killer weapon that I'm proud to call mine. I'm so fucking pumped woooooooot!!!

Very cool, Thomas. Congrats and be sure to post plenty of pics and a nice range report. By the way, I think everyone who has ever bought a Tromix feels this way about the purchase: "Tony has out done himself and has put together a absolutly killer weapon that I'm proud to call mine. I'm so fucking pumped woooooooot!!!"

:lolol::super:

Zach

Yeah I think he finished it today.

Oh yeah I got the email, paid and sent in my FFL info.

I have already bought 1000 sabots from different companies. I bought Winchester Elite XP3, Hornady sabots, Remington copper solid and accutips, and a few others. I will give a complete run down on what factory ammo preforms the best, and will also be using my own custom projectiles. Only thing that sucks is 16k psi the plasitc cases well vanish lol brass FTW. The factory loads are around 10k psi, and range from 1800fps to 2100fps. So, if anyone has any ideas on a possible brass parent case let me know. My projectiles are made from bar stock turned down and machined to shape.

Yeah I think he finished it today.

Oh yeah I got the email, paid and sent in my FFL info.

I have already bought 1000 sabots from different companies. I bought Winchester Elite XP3, Hornady sabots, Remington copper solid and accutips, and a few others. I will give a complete run down on what factory ammo preforms the best, and will also be using my own custom projectiles. Only thing that sucks is 16k psi the plasitc cases well vanish lol brass FTW. The factory loads are around 10k psi, and range from 1800fps to 2100fps. So, if anyone has any ideas on a possible brass parent case let me know. My projectiles are made from bar stock turned down and machined to shape.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0031462215796a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntt=magtec&Ntk=Products&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1

• 4 months later...

Any chance on getting an update on how this project worked out? I have been thinking about something similar for a while and would to get a rifled Saiga from Tromix, if the final product turns out as good as I imagine it can.

Based on the following comments from 1LSWON in his "Slug Gun Report Card" thread, I think this project can be deemed a major success. Not sure if Tony plans on doing any more of these builds, though.

Well Tony this thing is amazing I must say. I've been shooting it with an AimPoint CompM3, and a Night Force Scope. Using Winchester XP3 @2100fps I hold 1.25-1.5" 5 shot groups @ 100m bench rested. I'm also very sure I could drop damn near any game that got thrown my way!!! I have fired it at 250m and after scope adjustments for 12" high I held 3" 5 shot group!!! A shotgun, a damn shotgun holds groups better than lots of rifles! I like the AimPoint setup the best for most shooting. The folding stock is perfect for getting in and out of the RZR.

Thanks,

Thomas

Zach

Kross, LLC

• 5 months later...

Wow... This is what I get for not looking at this site all the time!

What I want to know is;

What is Tony going to charge me to send my 20 back to him for a rifled barrel?

This is the only thing I have been wanting done to it after having him convert it!

I considered finding someone local that could tackle the job but the only guy I know/trust is too busy with his own long, long list and he doesn't do Saiga.

Aside from that, Tony is local if you count a 3 hour drive as local... That and I will be doing some driving from Ft Sill, OK back and forth to AR over the next year.

• 1 month later...