I guess this is a 'tech' question.

I was cleaning my Saiga the other day and tipped the big bottle of hoppes 9 down the entire front of my pants.

The jeans/clothes have been watched 3x and the strong smell persists. How can I get rid of the smell? My wife is pissed because she got these jeans for me and they are supposed to be a name brand or something. (and it accents my buttocks)

On the good note, because of this accident I no longer have jock itch.

Probably the smelliest ingredient of the 9 ingredients is amyl acetate. It is also known a "bananna oil." I checked,

there are some compatible odor solvents to try to remove the odor (no kidding!):

beer (soak the jeans in some beer)

apple juice (same thing, but not such a sinful waste)

and even more interesting: citronella oil

and an actual solvent for amyl acetate:

alcohol (actually, in Hoppes #9 is moonshine alcohol)

I would think any of those four liquids would be worth a try.

What a waste! If the gun shop would sell a clothing line with "gun smells" wouldn't that be attractive?

And the citronella would keep the skeeters off your brand name buttox ;) .

Ken

http://ken.crawley.org

Edited by kencrawleysc

:eek: You want to get rid of it?

Hell, I used to splash some on as an Aftershave when I was dating to help make sure that I attracted the right kind of woman!

I'm with this method ;)

Either that or letting them "air out" for awhile

Get a big bottle of that Australian Sweet's copper cutting ammonia gun cleaning shit and spill it all over the jeans. :eek:

Hell, getting a whiff of that crap usually sobers my ass right up. :blink:

I think I'd rather be in the room when those two chicks lance that guy's back cyst. :cryss::ded:

I was changing oil on my truck not too long ago and managed to dip the leg of my brand new Wranglers in the pan of used oil. I didn't figure there was any way to get that out since it was soaked all the way through, so I pulled them off and put them straight in the burn barrel.

I was changing oil on my truck not too long ago and managed to dip the leg of my brand new Wranglers in the pan of used oil. I didn't figure there was any way to get that out since it was soaked all the way through, so I pulled them off and put them straight in the burn barrel.

Dawn dishwashing soap will take it out.

scissors work best.

I guess this is a 'tech' question.

I was cleaning my Saiga the other day and tipped the big bottle of hoppes 9 down the entire front of my pants.

The jeans/clothes have been watched 3x and the strong smell persists. How can I get rid of the smell? My wife is pissed because she got these jeans for me and they are supposed to be a name brand or something. (and it accents my buttocks)

On the good note, because of this accident I no longer have jock itch.

A new medical mystery has been solved!!! lol

• 5 weeks later...

scissors work best.

GoJo hand cleaner will work well