looking for a mount

im looking for a low profile weaver mount to add a red dot sight to my saiga. ive searched the internet and most of what i found are the evil belarus mounts...ive heard bad things....can anyone point me in the right direction to one for a decent price?? thanks much in advance!!

HOOP

Speaking of.. who makes these?  If you do the magnify thing..it says made in Russia on the side. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148293

That mount is from Yukon Advanced Optics I believe. If you google that name you should get a link to the vender websight. That optic was made for a specific night vision scope if I remember correctly. It should work with red dot sight, but it might bring the eye relief in a little too close for other conventional scopes.

On this mount,

East Wave

What are the advantages/disadvantages of the high vs low mount?

I need to purchase one and I'm not sure which one to get.

i chose the low profile mount cause its easier for me to line my eye up with the scope. i dont have to crane my neck up realy high off the stock to line up my eye with the scope. i find the low mount much more comfortable...on the other hand, the low mount hinders the use of the iron sights.. if you ever wanted to use them, you would need to remove the mount from the rifle.

HOOP

Edited by hoop762