Need some help, on barrel length in question In MICHIGAN.

I am obsessed with the Krinkov look. I love the sight location and the handguard set up. Now I realize that living in Michigan you can't have a rifle with a folding stock unless your total length is 30" or more with the stock folded. Otherwise it is considered a pistol.............

Now I guess I am just going to have to put a tromix limbsaver stock on a Krink, howevere here comes another dellema. I was hoping to weld on a permanent extension to the barrel and make the length over 16" however after reading the Michigan code which states:

750.222 Definitions.

Sec. 222. As used in this chapter:

(a.) “Alcoholic liquor” means that term as defined in section 105 of the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58,

MCL 436.1105.

(b.) “Barrel length” means the internal length of a firearm as measured from the face of the closed breech of the firearm when

it is unloaded, to the forward face of the end of the barrel.

I am now concerned that in my state it is not OK to just weld an extension and consider that part of a barrel. Please tell me that I am not correct. Who could I contact to verify this in detail?

Thanks a lot

Edited by Deussne