Well here is my opinion, and I am free to say this

I am not rating products over their "brand name" or "country of origin"

I am rating them on how I use them and how easy they are to use

The UTG Quad Rail is amazing

Everyone here says it sucks, but it clamped on my Saiga so perfect

Wow

This thing is amazing

That is all I can say

It feels perfect on the rifle, looks perfect, all metal, and it doesn't wobble or move

And it has about 70 rail slots on it

Amazing

I like it

• Like 1

Congrads, I say if YOU like it than that is all that matters. Not everybody is going to have the same opinion on everything and that is exactly what it is a personal opinion. I have K-var ak 103 handguards on my saiga now and i have a UTG short regular ak quadrail on the way. I got it because I want the options of putting optics and or light on my rifle and the K-var dousnt allow me to do so. Almost every review iv seen for the utg has been great and almost everyone who has had or has one says its great. If you want it get it if you dont like it than dont get it, simple as that.

Everyone hates all over on this board on UTG

And praises SGM

People on this board compare the Airsoft UTG product with the Superior Ultimak rail system. UTG does not allow for co-witness. It riders extremely high and weighs much more than the ultimak system. All in all the UTG product is a epic failure.

You think its amazing only because you are not making the proper comparison. You are misinformed. Thats about it.

• Like 1

People on this board compare the Airsoft UTG product with the Superior Ultimak rail system. UTG does not allow for co-witness. It riders extremely high and weighs much more than the ultimak system. All in all the UTG product is a epic failure.

You think its amazing only because you are not making the proper comparison. You are misinformed. Thats about it.

Who says he needs to co-witness any thing? It weighs more because it is the whole front hand guard, and has about 4 times as much rail on it. I do think it rides a little high, but I can see through my irons just fine.

PS: I have never heard of a saiga x39 air soft gun, so I don't think the UTG was actually designed for one. But feel free to bash on a product that you have probably never used. :haha:

Yes I dislike UTG, and with good reason because I've seen their stuff in person. I have *zero* experience with SGM. It wouldn't be fair to pass judgment on SGM gear without actually seeing it in person.

keepthatcrapoff.jpg

Edited by aresv
  • Like 1

Wow. How can anyone even lift the gun in that picture? I defy anyone to make, from a standing position at 25 yards, 10 reasonably accurate shots with all that stuff hanging off the gun.

LOL

Although I am new to the Saiga and AK47 in general, I received my UTG rail yesterday. I too believe for the price it is absolutely amazing. Solid fit, and IMO, doesn't weigh too much. I am not putting the UTG rubber rail covers on, as they do weigh quite a bit. Instead, I am placing some different ones that are half the weight and do not shift around, along with ladders on the bottom. I also have the Tapco vertical grip (ordered a long one by mistake and cut it down). Butt crack ugly, but just feels right in my hand. Right now I am stripping it, going to paint it OD to match the rest of the furniture and be done with it (have recently discovered Alumi-Hyde II and after baking it in a oven for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees, absolutely great stuff). It balances very well in my hands, and with the proper position of the stubby vertical grip, it feels just right, doesn't interfere with a magazine change, and I can see through the iron sights just fine. I am not interested in Co-Witnessing and plan on getting a Soviet scope for it in the future with a side mount, thus my decision. I have the Tapco Galil hand guard, and really like it, but was just missing something (too short). I humped, shot, slept with, swam, spy-rigged, rappelled, cleaned-cleaned-cleaned-cleaned a M16A1 and A2 for 21 years, and this thing feels much better in my hands. It is all in personal preference. If you like it, so be it and to hell with what anyone else thinks. Just like I use to tell my Marines, listen to EVERYONE, then weed through what you like and don't like, then go with your gut. Don't be afraid to voice your opinion, too many people are. One thing I really like about this site is that people don't hold back. Tired of the PC forums, people getting their feelings hurt, etc. Semper Fi!

• Like 1

I helped someone I know do a conversion on their 7.62 Saiga. When he told me he had ordered this UTG quad rail, I told him all about the negative things I've heard about it, blah blah, it might just be junk. But, now that I've actually seen it myself and fired that rifle many times now (in fact, was just shooting that rifle a few hours ago) I can't find a single complaint against it... except maybe the ability to cowitness, but some people could care less.

Edited by Kolya

Mine is 'borderline' on the 922r (temp swapped my hammer till I dremel my G2 hammer down for my BHO) so I'm stuck between the Midwest Ind., the UTG, or the 'Fusion' forearm..

I'll figure it out sometime. I do like the UTG 'look'. Like an AR.. I know blasphemy (sp).. 009.gif

By the way, the weight of the UTG rail is 12.2 oz (from leapers site). Didn't have an easy time finding the weight of the Ultimak (tube and tri rail) until I came across a post on glocktalk where a dude weighed it... gas tube: 4 oz, ACR2: 12 oz, total: 16 oz.

Edited by Kolya

By the way, the weight of the UTG rail is 12.2 oz (from leapers site). Didn't have an easy time finding the weight of the Ultimak (tube and tri rail) until I came across a post on glocktalk where a dude weighed it... gas tube: 4 oz, ACR2: 12 oz, total: 16 oz.

So if I understand you properly, the gas tube with the top mount is 4 oz only; only if you add the other three rails do you get all the extra weight. This good news to me. I'll be adding the top mount only, and since it replaces an existing part, and makes an upper handguard unnecessary, the net weight gain on mine will probably only be a couple of ounces.

Just a thought. If the UTG is made in china doesnt that void the 922 in most cases?

It's not US made, so it is not a 922 compliant part. You'll have to make the count through other parts.

Yes, but there is many people on here that have converted x39's with the stock hand guard. I got my count from my butt stock and FCG.

I have a UTG quad on my AR and I like it just fine. I think it's GAY to discriminate as far as some people do about their products. If it's a cheap, ill designed POS that does not perform the function it's supposed to...then yeah, stay far away from it. We have guys here on the forum that make far superior products that compete with some of their stuff. But when it's something as simple as a set of M-4 HGs, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay through the nose for a set from YH or someone else in the US, if I can get one that will look and perform just as good for the price I paid for mine. Now my AR is made by S&W, so I have the whole "support the American company" thing covered there. One or two commie parts are not hurtin my feelings, if they put far less of a hurtin on my wallet. But the Saiga???? WTF man? It's a damned foreign gun to start with! If I want to put a superior milled aluminum, American made HG on it from DPH, CHAOS, KROSS, etc...then I'll do it because the quality is better, not because the UTG is made overseas.

post-1293-12559176243974.gif

• Like 2

And praises SGM

- I would challenge the statement about weight. The UTG actually weighs less than the stock handguard does. I would bet that the ultimak+handguard would probably weigh more, plus I think we would be splitting hairs on a couple of oz. difference which is irrelevant unless we compare all the shit that will be attached to the rails.

- I agree that the ultimak is superior in that it can co-witness, but last time I priced it out, getting setup with the ultimak and a decent handguard had me up around 3X the price of the UTG.

- Epic failure is just ridiculous. So far, sales seem to be going exceptionally well for the product, and most (including me) who have used it for a while, seem to really like it.

- Epic failure is just ridiculous. So far, sales seem to be going exceptionally well for the product, and most (including me) who have used it for a while, seem to really like it.

Maybe I should have said "Mega-Huge-Epic-Failure" instead. In addition to my other comments regarding this "product" I have determined that adding the words "UTG RAIL" to your gunbroker auction title decreases the likelyhood your rifle will sell by approx 50% (based on completed auctions of converted saigas over the course of 1 month).

UTG: Failue? Yes. Ugly? Yes. Decreases the value of your Rifle? Yes. Worse than the Ultimak in every respect? Yes.

Don't know what else to say about it guys. I am sorry you wasted your money. The economy is tough, and it sucks being a chump. But hey, don't be sad, I hear ProMag is coming out with a new line of gear for you fellas, so we will have something else to argue about in the coming weeks!

:haha::lolol::haha::lolol::haha:

I have one on my .223 and I love it! I have two other saiga's w/ultimak gas tubes and I like both setups.

On the UTG setup, sure it is not as low as the ultimak but I'd feel more comfortable putting an eotech on an UTG than an ultimak anyday due to the UTG disapating the heat much better!

The little extra height is not nessariy a disavantage, IE I bet that a beryl style mount and a UTG quad rail would match up perfectly sorta like a flat top AR, throw an eotech and flip up sights on it and you have better optics and sights plus cowitness than any other AK setup I know.

FYI you can also make your UTG sit alittle lower by popping off the gas tube shield on the stock gas tube (at this point the rear of the quad rail will sit lower but the front is still allittle high) then dremel down the front part of the rail that sits on the gas block so it is even height all the way down.

My opinion of the UTG, it's a great product and an even better value.

congrats on your UTG rail, I hope you enjoy it.

I've also never understood the hate towards this particular rail system.

I have one on my Ak47, it does what it's supposed to, hold the propoint on the gun, and make the forend feel more comfortable than the stock one.

Even if you were to hang all that stuff on there like the picture, what's it all going to add? 2? 3 pounds max?

If you can't hold up 2 or 3 pounds on an already relatively light gun you should spend more time at a gym and less time bitching about a product online.

As for cowitnessing, I could care less about that. I'm a competition shooter, I don't have to worry about bad guys shooting back at me and knocking my scope out and me no longer being able to aim my gun. It's a complete nonissue.

I've also got an ultimak rail on 1 Saiga 12, and two Chaos rails on my other two, so it's not like I don't have the other products so don't know what I'm talking about. They all do exactly what they are supposed to, and I'm happy with them all.

• Like 1
Even if you were to hang all that stuff on there like the picture, what's it all going to add? 2? 3 pounds max?

If you can't hold up 2 or 3 pounds on an already relatively light gun you should spend more time at a gym and less time bitching about a product online.

People can buy what they want, and put on their rifle what they want, but 2 to 3 extra pounds on your rifle that far away from your body _will_ cause problems with your accuracy after a minute or so - unless all you do is shoot from a bench. And just try toting it around for a while.

Edited by Jim Digriz

So I got a UTG Quad Rail today for my 7.62x39

mnt_hgsg39_m.gif

This one

And I used to have the SGM Tactical plastic one

And praises SGM

Everyone here says it sucks, but it clamped on my Saiga so perfect

Wow

This thing is amazing

That is all I can say

It feels perfect on the rifle, looks perfect, all metal, and it doesn't wobble or move

And it has about 70 rail slots on it

Amazing

I like it

You did good...Dont let any of those fools tell you other-wise. The UTG is the Best Damn Quad Rail for the money that is avail on the mkt PERIOD.

That said. I keep my stock grip handy, cause in NJ, they put you into "Re-Education" camps for things that are not even illegal in the 1st place. Also, it is admirable to get the AK100 handguards to maintain that authentic look, is the ONLY reason not to get the UTG. Or just buy a bunch of different products and put on whatever is in your "Flava of the Week" thingy...

But the UTG performed as advertised on my x39 and then some. I've unloaded a couple hundred rounds with it. NO ISSUES.

And this is for all the naysayers:

Edited by quikz
  • Like 3

i just got my utg ak47 quad rail(not the saiga specific one)in today and its awesome. The option to put what ever you want on it is great, but most importantly the ergonomics of it is the best. I think with the rail covers on it it feels better to ME than my saiga does with the K-var ak 103 handguard on it. Not putting down the k-var handguard but to ME the utg feels better. By the way the K-var ak 103 US made handguard is great too. +1 on the utg JMHO

i just got my utg ak47 quad rail(not the saiga specific one)in today and its awesome. The option to put what ever you want on it is great, but most importantly the ergonomics of it is the best. I think with the rail covers on it it feels better to ME than my saiga does with the K-var ak 103 handguard on it. Not putting down the k-var handguard but to ME the utg feels better. By the way the K-var ak 103 US made handguard is great too. +1 on the utg JMHO

Did you have to get the bolt on retainer and a new gas tube to fit the shorter quad rail?

Did you have to get the bolt on retainer and a new gas tube to fit the shorter quad rail?

No, its best to get a new gastube with the retainer on it for precationary measures. I have a modified ak LHG retainer but im not using it, just a east german gas tube i got from k-var that needed a shit load of filling to make it fit. get a ak 74 gas tube or i hear the romainian are a good fit also. The only downside iv had with the utg is my setup. i cant figure out if i want to put my foward grip w/ or without the flashlight or just have my bushnell trophy automatic red dot on it. there are too many options.PS if you are going to use the factory gas tube you have to take off the heat shield. hope this helps

+1 for the fit and quality of the UTG. Bought one, along with their folding vertical grip and red dot at my local gun show yesterday and installed last night. Gun does not feel heavy up front in the least. If that feels heavy to some, then maybe they should hit the weight room. Should be lifting anyway.

My $.02

I didn't need to have a US handguard for 922 compliance, so I bought a UTG #SG39 Quad Rail yesterday and put it on my Saiga 7.62 last night, the fit finish and quality are GREAT, easy to install plus it sure isn't going to move and I also like the pads that go on the rail.

Going to be listing my extra parts for sale here in a couple days.