MD20 Ammo Table Guide - PDF attached!

I decided to put a list together of all the ammo that is the correct length/crimp needed for the MD20. Please Do Not rely on this table just yet until others can confirm what I've put together. Please also post any brands/rounds not listed and I'll update the table as we go. If such a list alredy exists then the mods can delete but please send me the link.

This table is specifically related to the length/crimp needed and NOT whether a rounds cycles in your S12. I'm going to assume the addition of the Gunfixr Plug will eliminate that. I had to attach this as a PDF file because I wasn't able to keep the columns/formatting the same when I tried to copy and paste it.

Let's all share and make this a good resource for us all!

MD20 Ammo Table.pdf

• Like 19
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to put a list together of all the ammo that is the correct length/crimp needed for the MD20. Please Do Not rely on this table just yet until others can confirm what I've put together. Pleas

I've updated the table with a few additions. I'm going to include the date of the update in the file name starting with this one. Anyone have more updates to add? MD20 Ammo Table 112409 Update.pdf

Link: New Shared Universal Drum Compatibility Spreadsheet       Here's the deal. I've made a shared spreadsheet out of the previous two .pdf documents. I haven't taken the time to incorporate al

Posted Images

(Walmart) Federal Game Loads - 6 shot 7 1/2 shot and 8 Shot work fine in the MD20 Muzzle Velocity on all three is 1290 FPS

Edit: the FPS on the Federal bulk pack sold in wallmart is 1200 fps.

Thanks! I updated the table and added a "member verified" column BUT I'm not able to replace the original PDF file at the top post- mods can you help me?

Hope I hear from more of you to make this a good resource for all of us! New revised PDF file attached.

MD20 Ammo Table.pdf

• Like 3

Nice job kwesi!

This should get stickied in Mike's sub-forum.

I sent an email to Mike with a copy of the table in hopes he can give us his comments so I can make it more complete. Where are all the drum owners out there - I need your help to complete the table.

The federal tactical LE buck shot works as well. There are also others. I will try and get a list together of some of the ones you dont have listed.

Good news as I ordered a case of the Federal LE 00 full power loads, 1325 fps. I understand they are like 2.429999' long but was hoping they were close enough to Mike's 2.40".

Looking forward to your adding to the list.

Baschieri & Pellagri (B&P) Big Game Palla Tipo 4 1-1/8 oz rifled slugs -- Works, well.

and

Baschieri & Pellagri (B&P) Big Game Palletoni Tipo 4 1-1/6 oz 00 buck (sorta) -- Works, but is snug front to back, and can be slow to feed, resulting in failures.

Got em...thanks! Anybody else have a comment for the table?

Federal Premium LE Truball Low Recoil Rifled Slug HP 12ga 2 3/4" 1oz Muz Vel= 1300fps

Federal Premium LE 00 Buckshot with Flitecontrol Wad 12ga 2 3/4" 9 pellets Muz Vel= 1145fps

Winchester Ranger Low Recoil Rifled Slugs HP 12ga 2 3/4" 1oz Muz Vel= unknown

Precision Ammunition Copper-Matrix NTF Frangible Slugs 12ga 2 3/4" Muz Vel= unknown

All these work fine.

Edited by sapper1371usmc
  • Like 1

Federal Premium LE Truball Low Recoil Rifled Slug HP 12ga 2 3/4" 1oz Muz Vel= 1300fps

Federal Premium LE 00 Buckshot with Flitecontrol Wad 12ga 2 3/4" 9 pellets Muz Vel= 1145fps

Winchester Ranger Low Recoil Rifled Slugs HP 12ga 2 3/4" 1oz Muz Vel= unknown

Precision Ammunition Copper-Matrix NTF Frangible Slugs 12ga 2 3/4" Muz Vel= unknown

All these work fine.

Thanks! New updated MD20 table file attached with new products and confirmation on others. Keep them coming!

MD20 Ammo Table.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.I am glad to hear Fiocchi works.I have quite a few cases of Federal LE132-00(flight control stuff)for my S17 but I am saving it for a rainy day.However,it is nice to know that Fiocchi works since it is cheap and I don't feel bad shooting it.

I recently came across a bulk pack of Remington #8 birdshot that wouldn't run right. Was getting random FTF's from my MD-20 drum, so I pulled out the calipers and measured shell OAL. About one quarter of the box was over 2.4". I lined up a bunch of shells and you could clearly see that some of them were longer than the others.

So watch out, especially with cheap bulk pack type ammo. If the manufacturer doesn't watch shell OAL you may occasionally run into individual shells that won't feed right.

If you're competing or hunting or SHTF-ing and want to make it count, break out the calipers and sort your shells. Under 2.4" should work just fine.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Winchester 2.75 1600fps rifled slugs work in MD20, factory 5 and AGP 10

Brenneke 1 oz rifled slug KO, 2.75 works in the above mags

winchester 3 inch #4 steel shot super X works in all but MD 20

Federal 3 in OO buck shot mag works in all but MD 20

Remington and Federal 7 1/2 shot bulk packs 2.75 works in all mags above

Remington # 8 shot 2.75 worked in all (I think this was also bulk pack)

Green hull, olin, winchester military grade OO buck 2.75, works in all mags

not sure if you have all or any of those, but they are all member verified

• Like 1

Winchester 2.75 1600fps rifled slugs work in MD20, factory 5 and AGP 10

Brenneke 1 oz rifled slug KO, 2.75 works in the above mags

winchester 3 inch #4 steel shot super X works in all but MD 20

Federal 3 in OO buck shot mag works in all but MD 20

Remington and Federal 7 1/2 shot bulk packs 2.75 works in all mags above

Remington # 8 shot 2.75 worked in all (I think this was also bulk pack)

Green hull, olin, winchester military grade OO buck 2.75, works in all mags

not sure if you have all or any of those, but they are all member verified

Thanks! I updated the table for the ones we did not already have - see table two posts above. I'll wait to see if anyone confirms or adds to the current table then I add another update.

kwesi, thanks for your time & effort on this! :super:

Just a suggestion.... you may want to put the most recent chart in the first post.

As this thread grows to multiple pages over time, it will be easier to get the updated chart at the top of the first page.

That and I hope one of the mods will move this thread to a sticky in Mike's section.

EDIT:

These should be marked as confirmed for not fitting:

Wolf 00 (very close, but no cigar)

NobleSport LE 12 pellet 00

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

kwesi, thanks for your time & effort on this! :super:

Just a suggestion.... you may want to put the most recent chart in the first post.

As this thread grows to multiple pages over time, it will be easier to get the updated chart at the top of the first page.

That and I hope one of the mods will move this thread to a sticky in Mike's section.

EDIT:

These should be marked as confirmed for not fitting:

Wolf 00 (very close, but no cigar)

NobleSport LE 12 pellet 00

Thanks Spartacus: I don't seem to have the ability to edit the first post so I started assigning the date of the update in the file name. Here is the up to date MD 20 ammo table which include your two confirmations as well as a few other's.

MD20 Ammo Table 121309.pdf

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

A few more "will" and "won't" for the MD20.(All were hand tested...not loaded and then fired)

WILL:

Federal 2 3/4 1oz rifled slug, Federal Premium 2 3/4 1oz Truball Rifled Slug HP, Wolf 2 3/4 1oz rifled slug, Remington Slugger 2 3/4 1oz rifled slug, Winchester Military 2 3/4 00 BS (couldn't remember if these were already added so I just went ahead and did it)

WON'T: Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4 12 pellet BS, Rio 2 3/4 9 pellet 00 BS.

Edited by towerofpower93
  • Like 1