MD20 Ammo Table Guide - PDF attached!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to put a list together of all the ammo that is the correct length/crimp needed for the MD20. Please Do Not rely on this table just yet until others can confirm what I've put together. Pleas

I've updated the table with a few additions. I'm going to include the date of the update in the file name starting with this one. Anyone have more updates to add? MD20 Ammo Table 112409 Update.pdf

Link: New Shared Universal Drum Compatibility Spreadsheet       Here's the deal. I've made a shared spreadsheet out of the previous two .pdf documents. I haven't taken the time to incorporate al

Posted Images

Good bump, i had never seen this thread and it will come in handy, gave you a +1

032.gif

Don't forget to give kwesi a +1 (or more)

He did all of the work.

By the way, love the skittles! grimace.gif

EDIT

And a +1 to everybody else who contributed to this thread.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Edited by THE RIPPER

WON'T: Sellier and Bellot 2 3/4 12 pellet BS

Wish I'd have read this thread before buying a bunch of it.

Well, being as it's clear & looks cool, it'll be good for pictures & I'll run it in stick mags.

Nothing is holding the pellets together, so it should spread wide & quick.

Shitty thing is, I compared them & it's longer than 15 pellet Remington 3" magnum. :eek:

How the hell do "they" decide what is classified as 2 3/4" or 3"? :unsure:

Edited by Paulyski

I dont know if this has been before mentioned and i dont think its on the list.

RIO Royal Buck high power 2-3/4" #4 21 pellet has varying measurements from 2.45" to 2.50" in OAL. Atleast that is out of the handful of 5rd boxes i measured.

I tried to stuff some (5) into the MD20 and they were hanging up. I tapped on the drum and the shells would pop up but they would not pop up freely as each shell was extracted by hand.

I think i read somewhere that Mike said 2.44" OAL is the maximum that the MD20 will accept and it was designed for 2.40" OAL, or that most US made 2-3/4" is 2.40" OAL.

I'm not a computer guy by any means but i tried to add or edit the .pdf file and it says i cannot do it, Anyone care to take the initiative? Maybe a mod could sticky the info too?

Winchester Super X, 2 3/4", 9 pellet .00 Buckshot Wallmart 15 round packs under $10.00 :up:

Winchester Super X 2 3/4" .00 9 pellet buckshot cycles flawlessly in the drum as set up out of the box.

So well in fact, that after dumping all of my mags as fast as I could, then dumping the drum, a couple cars of people hurriedly vacated from the area down about 50 yards from where I was shooting! :devil:

I heard something like "What the fuck (something something)" & within 5 minuets, I was alone. :angel:

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read this whole thread and looked at all of the PDFs. Does Winchester Universal bulk pack work with the MD20? I just ordered 2 MD20s and may order another 3 here in a minute, but I almost exclusively use Wichester Universal. I don't want to have 5 drums I can't use with my favorite ammo. Please chime in.... before the $100 pre-order is over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I read this whole thread and looked at all of the PDFs. Does Winchester Universal bulk pack work with the MD20? I just ordered 2 MD20s and may order another 3 here in a minute, but I almost exclusively use Wichester Universal. I don't want to have 5 drums I can't use with my favorite ammo. Please chime in.... before the $100 pre-order is over.

Being that this post is from April, i'm sure you've figured out that the Winchester universal works well in the MD20 by now. I primarily run the silver box Winchester Expert 100 packs ($22-$23) thru an MD20 without issue.

Why isnt this stickied and some of the more pointless sticky thread removed or moved to a more appropriate forum?

It should AT LEAST be a sticky in the MD Arms forum.

As a new shotgun owner looking for info, I'd have to agree. Ordering bulk "2 3/4 inch" (hot damn is boomstick ammo confusing) and realizing they don't fit would be...frustrating. For thread content: Remington Slugger 1oz 1560fps fits, as does Winchester Super X Power-Point 1oz 1700fps slug. Wonder if it's safe to assume all Winchester 2 3/4 is good to go...

Why isnt this stickied and some of the more pointless sticky thread removed or moved to a more appropriate forum?

It should AT LEAST be a sticky in the MD Arms forum.

As a new shotgun owner looking for info, I'd have to agree. Ordering bulk "2 3/4 inch" (hot damn is boomstick ammo confusing) and realizing they don't fit would be...frustrating. For thread content: Remington Slugger 1oz 1560fps fits, as does Winchester Super X Power-Point 1oz 1700fps slug. Wonder if it's safe to assume all Winchester 2 3/4 is good to go...

Myself and others have been asking for this thread to get stuckified for almost a year now. It's a great piece of work by Kwesi and is valuable info. People ask for this very thing every once in a while. It keeps getting pushed down under all of the usual muck though.

I guess if this thread were a sticky it would somehow offset all of the entertaining argument threads with some actual useful info. We can't have that. :rolleyes::lolol:

• 2 weeks later...

What is the S&B "Practical" buckshot? Is it the 9 pellet 00? I know the 12 pellet 00 won't fit... Would it also be safe to assume that the 21 pellet #4 buck will fit while the 27 pellet won't? I'm just looking for some clarification... if nobody knows, then I'll just order a small quantity and let you know how they work :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...