MD20 Ammo Table Guide - PDF attached!

Ok thanks, That's what I was looking for. So it looks like 2.5" is what should go into the chart for the length of that shell.

Your picture is pretty good for showing what length we want.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to put a list together of all the ammo that is the correct length/crimp needed for the MD20. Please Do Not rely on this table just yet until others can confirm what I've put together. Pleas

I've updated the table with a few additions. I'm going to include the date of the update in the file name starting with this one. Anyone have more updates to add? MD20 Ammo Table 112409 Update.pdf

Link: New Shared Universal Drum Compatibility Spreadsheet       Here's the deal. I've made a shared spreadsheet out of the previous two .pdf documents. I haven't taken the time to incorporate al

Posted Images

I really wasn't trying to be condescending, it was unclear from your previous posts whether you understood what I wanted or not. And you are new enough here that it is worth checking.

The information you just posted makes it clear that we were talking about measurements at different points. 2 1/2" (Overall length unfired) is what I was looking for, not 2 7/8",(Fired length?) so thanks for clearing that up. Bonus points for doing it in a way that doesn't leave room for confusion.

Edited by GunFun

yea the confusion was my part - I was trying to 'recall' the experience - so I had to re-do it all over again to figure out I was misinforming the measurement. so when in doubt use photos so everyone else can see too .

The list already saved me some money - I was going to check out RIO 2 3/4 on sale - I won't bother as the chart for MD20 says its a no-go.

what would I do with 250 rounds of ammo I can't fit in my mag!

Get 4 - 10 rounders for the price of one MD Arms drum and run anything you like or any combination of shells in one mag with a TAC-47 autoplug. You can also take advantage of the lower pricing on Euro shells which from what I've seen are always cheaper than the same round in a US shell and they run fine. Just another possibility...personal preference matters of course but I don't know of anyone who runs drum mags exclusively.

Get 4 - 10 rounders for the price of one MD Arms drum and run anything you like or any combination of shells in one mag with a TAC-47 autoplug. You can also take advantage of the lower pricing on Euro shells which from what I've seen are always cheaper than the same round in a US shell and they run fine. Just another possibility...personal preference matters of course but I don't know of anyone who runs drum mags exclusively.

hey you know - since AR15 tactical shooting is about mag changes, I have no problem with 4- 10 round mags. Anytime I can swap a mag and not have to feed shells one at a time - its a good thing.

So - do those 10 round mags fit a Molle' pouch somewhere?

It has been a long time since I shot the original PDX ammo, but I could have sworn I was shooting it from one of my MD-20s. Maybe I can take Dick Hammett (retired president of Winchester) shooting again soon and talk him into bringing an assortment of Winchester ammo. I am about to finish his pool soon.

I just checked and they fit. Sorry for the bad pic.

post-19600-0-78297500-1353189286_thumb.jpg

Updates:

• Changed the headers a bit.
  • made some descriptions more uniform
  • added all content with enough info to be helpful from post #64 on (would appreciate someone filling in info prior to #64)

The golden rule is that you give enough information that we can be sure we are talking about exactly the same ammo for each entry, not just something of a similar description. If you could find more than one type of shell from the info you put in on the internet, your info is not specific enough. Leave it out until you have complete info. Thanks.

Fiocchi crusher 2 3/4. 1300fps. 1oz. 8 shot (purple box and shells). Works flawlessly in the MD20.

Here are the shells I was talking about. They are what I considered mid-brass(larger brass than bulk) back in 08' when I got my S12. I got a vodka special that would not feed Wallmart bulk-pack out of the box 100%, I would get some fte/ftf's every once in a while. So before I found this place I went to the store and bought all kinds of different shells to find what would work. At the time, these were $8/box and worked every time! So I bought all they had and for the next few months, prior to conversion, I went and raised hell with my new AK shotgun(with purple shells flying out of it).lol. This is the stuff I used for break-in on a budget.Then I found this place and the rest is history.

Both the blue and purple work flawlessly in the MD20. Model # for the purple box is 12CRSR8, 12CRSR75 for the blue.

post-19600-0-01118300-1353295076_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Great input on the shell measurements,as I just bought the MD20, but I'm not sure how accurate brand "B" 12/25 ft. measuring tape will represent consistantly when we're talking .242?..... maybe at least a 6" pocket scale might be alittle more accurate.... if not a micrometer.... No?

...So is there a master updated list available?

... I mean 2.42

Edited by AK-uzr
  • 3 weeks later...