AK pistol holster?

So I recently got a Draco and was thinking about getting a drop leg holster for it. So far I have only been able to find one and I'm not sure he still makes them. I PMed The Vest Guy to see if he can help me out, but I was wondering if any one has ever seen or heard of one, or know some one who could make one that is reasonably priced?

Thanks

This is the one that I found, he says it can fit AK and AR pistols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkoyCgxqojI&feature=player_embedded

• Like 2

If I were you, hopping1, I'd just drill and tap a hole in the rear plate for a sling swivel, and attach a sling. Sure the Draco is technically a pistol, but really... a holster is not the appropriate gear for a stock-less sbr. ;)

As for the video.. lol maybe it's not the best idea to curse during your demo video. Real pros there. :rolleyes:

And on a side-note, AR "pistols" have got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. :lol: An AR relies much more on barrel length to make the round it fires worth a shit than an AK does, and that stupid looking piece that extends from the back.. yeah, I needn't go on, those are a serious waste of money.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

I just don't know if I'd trust those jokers, ("pokerpimps" :rolleyes: ha, I bet I could take em for everything they had in a tourney), who made this video. Not exactly the epitome of professionalism imo. And of course, a properly-used sling not only carries the weapon, but also gives you isometric support for more accurate fire. That holster doesn't do shit for ya when you're actually operating the weapon.

I just don't know if I'd trust those jokers, ("pokerpimps" :rolleyes: ha, I bet I could take em for everything they had in a tourney), who made this video. Not exactly the epitome of professionalism imo. And of course, a properly-used sling not only carries the weapon, but also gives you isometric support for more accurate fire. That holster doesn't do shit for ya when you're actually operating the weapon.

True, but a sling alone would allow it to swing around every where. I guess if I wanted it to stay put I could just make some kind of strap for my belt. This is all just hypothetical for now anyways. It's just a range toy and I don't plan on carrying it all over. Just maybe occasionally.

You could also, if you want to be cheap and easy [the drill holster is a better idea though] do what I did and just take scissors to the back of a drop-leg pistol holster to open it up.

Yes, it is useless

Yes, it is not going to do much good if it actually needs to be drawn.

DSC01703.jpg?t=1255819117

but the kind of events I go to usually involve at least 10 other armed people and security is not really a concern... its the kind of thing you do specifically because its absurd.

but the kind of events I go to usually involve at least 10 other armed people and security is not really a concern... its the kind of thing you do specifically because its absurd.

That's kinda what I was going for too. How do you retain the top? Or does it just float around?

And welcome to the sight. What do you have there, a Saiga perhaps?

If I were you, hopping1, I'd just drill and tap a hole in the rear plate for a sling swivel, and attach a sling. Sure the Draco is technically a pistol, but really... a holster is not the appropriate gear for a stock-less sbr. ;)

Correct!! A sling would at least give you some measure of accuracy from this stockless design. You could rig it so you could use it as an "Apache Sling" where the firearm is extended out hard and the slings limits its forward movement, helping to dampen and study your aim. Most of the time this type of sling was worn around the back of the head or the neck, but I have had good luck with a modified isosceles and it slung over my weak side shoulder and head.

And on a side-note, AR "pistols" have got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. :lol: An AR relies much more on barrel length to make the round it fires worth a shit than an AK does, and that stupid looking piece that extends from the back.. yeah, I needn't go on, those are a serious waste of money.

Or, you could just buy an FN 5.7 pistol and have something equally useless, however it would at least fit in a holster.

• Like 1

That's kinda what I was going for too. How do you retain the top? Or does it just float around?

And welcome to the sight. What do you have there, a Saiga perhaps?

Actually no mine is just a Romanian WASR-10... but my next gun will be a Saiga shotgun [even named one of my cats Saiga]...

As far as retaining the top... the only retention right now is my having taken the snap-on strap and wrapping it around the bolt... the top just kind of floats around. I could use a velcro cable tie I suppose but at present its just flops and you kind of have to walk like a pirate.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I'm over the holster thing. I was too excited when I got my Draco I guess. That thing was all I could think about at work, then I went out and shot it and wanted to carry it around with me every where. TOO much fun, you will see.

Yeah, bout what I figured, (before even handling a Draco myself) :D . Dangling it from a good sling is far more appropriate for this weapon than any kind of half-assed "holster".

I still want to get a good Draco soonish, but my priority has been a couple of ~$500 SGL21's. One of those is a pure NIB investment that I think will pay off very significantly down the road.

Ordered my draco today from Classic. Considering shipping and the cost of an additional magazine Classic was cheaper then J&G and I only live 1 state away from them. Already ordered the heat shielded fore grips for the Draco and plan on putting the bolt cover scope mount from my WASR on it. Figure if I put a green laser on the mount and use the iron sights it will be easier to keep on target. Then the side mount goes on the WASR (got spoiled using the one on my PSL). There is a company making walnut stocks for the PSLs with a movable cheek pad and a little longer reach if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually like it. Granted, I'm not much for AR pistols, but still. AK pistols are a bit better, but you're still sacrificing some terminal ballistics for compactness.

Still, if I were wanting to use a SBR or AR/AK pistol, I'd probably prefer a sling, whether a single, double or 3 point type.

Corbin

• 1 month later...

You could also, if you want to be cheap and easy [the drill holster is a better idea though] do what I did and just take scissors to the back of a drop-leg pistol holster to open it up.

Yes, it is useless

Yes, it is not going to do much good if it actually needs to be drawn.

DSC01703.jpg?t=1255819117

Whoa! What free state do you live in that allows you to open carry like that in front young children at a park?

Is that a 75round drum in the pouch or are you just happy?