Carolina Shooters Supply ACE Skeleton Set

Anyone out there happen to use either the ACE or the DPH skeleton stock set from Carolina Shooters Supply? I'm looking at picking up one of the ACE set to replace the factory stock and just wondered if anyone could give me a thumbs up or thumbs down, and maybe a picture.

Check out the 7.62x39 picture thread in the sub forum right above this one. A picture of mine is on the last page.

I love it. You will too.

Anyone out there happen to use either the ACE or the DPH skeleton stock set from Carolina Shooters Supply? I'm looking at picking up one of the ACE set to replace the factory stock and just wondered if anyone could give me a thumbs up or thumbs down, and maybe a picture.

I have the DPH Skeleton stock. Image is in my signature below and in my gallery. I give it a big thumbs up....it's rock solid and all aluminum. It is a bit short though, I just ordered a folding mechanism which should add a little to the LOP, otherwise you can get a 1/2" or 1" recoil pad made for the stock to lengthen it.

ive been thinking about getting an ACE Skeleton stock for my 545 once I decide to convert it, but i want to know what stock is the closest length to the NATO length stocks that K-VAR sells, cause its a perfect fit for me. I dont want a folding stock, so ill have to buy the fixed block as well i assume.

ive been thinking about getting an ACE Skeleton stock for my 545 once I decide to convert it, but i want to know what stock is the closest length to the NATO length stocks that K-VAR sells, cause its a perfect fit for me. I dont want a folding stock, so ill have to buy the fixed block as well i assume.

Not sure about lengths, but if you go with an Ace, DPH etc, you will need to cut the tang and get the receiver block to mount it.

Well, I'm considering one of the complete kits from Carolina, with the adapter and everything. Just wondering if anyone had one and if they liked it. I've got got a wild hair up my ass about just saying screw and going with the complete trigger and grip conversion.

And yes, same guy as the original poster, just linked my Facebook account here on the home PC.

Well, I'm considering one of the complete kits from Carolina, with the adapter and everything. Just wondering if anyone had one and if they liked it. I've got got a wild hair up my ass about just saying screw and going with the complete trigger and grip conversion.

And yes, same guy as the original poster, just linked my Facebook account here on the home PC.

Why don't you buy directly from ACE? They sell a longer version of the same skeleton stock we are talking about on their webisite I believe. They also have extended buttpads and even some spacers for sale in their clearance section on riflestocks.com

No I don't work for them:P

Not sure about lengths, but if you go with an Ace, DPH etc, you will need to cut the tang and get the receiver block to mount it.

WTF...even for a non folding fixed stock! i thought they made a block that didnt require any receiver or tang modification at all. Im not cutting up a perfectly good tang..

WTF...even for a non folding fixed stock! i thought they made a block that didnt require any receiver or tang modification at all. Im not cutting up a perfectly good tang..

I honestly do not know. In my set-up, I am using an internal receiver block and it requires the cutting of the tang.

They do make a receiver block that requires no tangendectomy. It adds some length of pull, so take that into consideration when ordering your stock. Get it from CSS rather than ACE. You'll have it in hand much quicker.

I honestly do not know. In my set-up, I am using an internal receiver block and it requires the cutting of the tang.

that may be, but are you using a folding stock or fixed?

that may be, but are you using a folding stock or fixed?

In the pic it is fixed. I just added the folding mechanism yesterday....it bolted right to the internal block I am using.

They do make a receiver block that requires no tangendectomy. It adds some length of pull, so take that into consideration when ordering your stock. Get it from CSS rather than ACE. You'll have it in hand much quicker.

Yeah, I was talking to the CSS folks about it, and the one I want is just bolt in, and it's the same length over all as the stock buttstock. And I'm find with that.

• 11 months later...