SGL-21's no longer crazy expensive?

Oh, and both K-Var and Atlantic Firearms are now selling the Arsenal SGL-21 for these crazy-low prices, (~$500).

I ordered a plum Warsaw stock model from K-Var yesterday. She'll arrive at my FFL on the 2nd. I can't fuckin wait. :D

You did well,, talked to K-Var yesterday and they told me this pricing on SGL21's will last about 2 more weeks. As soon as their supply is gone the prices are going back up. It's kind of a AK stimulus package by them.

m51:> Who there told you that they were going back up in price in two weeks? I heard differently, so I am curious as to who you talked with.

• Like 1
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually keep a file of "fat and gay cop photos" for replying to Azriel!

^ I'd be more inclined to agree with you and your strategy of "keep waiting" if we didn't have a Marxist in the White House, (with "H"is fellow travelers controlling Congress).   It's not just the e

k-var = $529+18 shipping =$547 + I got to use my credit card... atlantic = "$555 OTD" + You have to run around securing a money order...   not sure what math you're using, but I prefer

Posted Images

+1,..I think we're fixin to see some BIG changes !! Classic is supposed to be giving some deals this next week, see what happens. Just going by what I read here and there,..makes me even think that parts to convert will have to get cheaper. LOTS of you know more about this issue than me, but thats my 2 cents worth. later JT.

We do not expect these prices to last for long , it is probably a temporay price reduction buy them while you can at this price.

Ya know,

After the last round of outrageous price gouging by so many companies whose ads led off with "Obama & Pelosi are coming" and other unsavory selling tactics,

it would be nice if a company would just state the complete facts as you know them rather than throw out platitudes designed to get more sales right away.

It seems that a company of your size would have a little more of a sales plan than the above.

Either you have rifles/parts available for your purchase & resale, none are currently available, or there a specific issue that will determine that outcome.

Sorry for the rant - just tired of BS from so many business's.

HarvKY

• Like 2

Well to be honest the SGL-21 is one of the better AK's out there. Remember the 9/9/9 sale? They haven't dropped their prices like that again for the accessories etc.

But then again, just like the nation's stimulus plan I think we're gonna find that after it ends sales activity will be real sluggish for them. So I think time is on the consumer's side. This is the vicious cycle where the consumer waits out the producer for better deals. The really bad part of it is the addition of unemployment. Some of us aren't waiting out the producers. We're just too tight to spend anything in this environment unless it is a screaming deal. Romies at $189, Mosins at $39.95, 7.62 at $130/1000, and Saigas at $179 are screaming deals and have been seen in the not too distant past under much better macroeconomic circumstances. So...

Time will tell.

Atlantic Firearms might be right on this.

• Like 1

^ I'd be more inclined to agree with you and your strategy of "keep waiting" if we didn't have a Marxist in the White House, (with "H"is fellow travelers controlling Congress).

It's not just the economic slump but the coming, (oh and it is coming, have no doubt), "assault weapons" ban that you have to consider. As soon as the news of the upcoming unConstitutional legislation hits, prices will skyrocket overnight, and soon enough, you won't be able to buy anything associated with "evil black guns".

My ~$505 SGL-21 will arrive Monday.. and I don't expect this price reduction to last. Anyone objective will agree that these rifles are worth more than ~$505, even without any damnable ban in place. Now I have to seriously consider buying another rifle, (as an investment), before the prices go back up.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 2

We do not expect these prices to last for long , it is probably a temporay price reduction buy them while you can at this price.

Atlantic:> Why don't you expect the prices to stay that way? Were you told specifically that they would go back up at a certain date, or are you just speculating? Also, If we order from you rather than K-Var can we get free-shipping or some free mags or something free?

• Like 1

Wish like hell I could buy 1 or 10 of these, but as usual, my timing is off, story of my life. :killer:

Mav: I have a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg as far as saiga deals go. While I have no doubt arsenal will raise their prices again, they will have similar sales in the near future as will other companies that want to move guns. No one is buying at the post-election rates these days. If these guys want to move product, they have to narrow their profit margins. They know that, We know that and whats more, They know we know!

• Like 2

Oh, and both K-Var and Atlantic Firearms are now selling the Arsenal SGL-21 for these crazy-low prices, (~$500).

I ordered a plum Warsaw stock model from K-Var yesterday. She'll arrive at my FFL on the 2nd. I can't fuckin wait. :D

You did well,, talked to K-Var yesterday and they told me this pricing on SGL21's will last about 2 more weeks. As soon as their supply is gone the prices are going back up. It's kind of a AK stimulus package by them.

m51:> Who there told you that they were going back up in price in two weeks? I heard differently, so I am curious as to who you talked with.

The Guy I spoke with had an eastern european accent, can't remember his first name, but we talked a little while and he has been working for them for quite a while. He told me he was originally from Armenia and had been in the US for more than 20 years. He said it looked like the supply would last about another 2 weeks. He said he expected pricing to go back up then, he didn't say by how much. I called K Var 2 times last week and he answered both times, so if you call he very well might be the one who answers. The first time I called I was checking their prices on the SGL20 and it is still at $839. So going by what I was told and knowing this is a Russian Saiga conversion by Arsenal, I would not contemplate the if's and if nots too long if you are interested in buying one of the best AK's out there. I know I didn't and I still have my SGL20 I paid $995 for a year ago and I also paid an additional $90 for an AK103 K VAR break that now comes included with the 21. Do the math and don't sit on the fence if you are thinking of buying one. Just think, this is mighty close to WASR pricing and this is an Arsenal converted Saiga. No I do not have any affiliation with K Var or Blaine at Atlantic, I just think this is a hell of a buy.

Edited by m51

We are not trying to boost sales by making a post so please do not be so dramatic , the prices are so low they do not need a boost . We were simply pointing out that this is a temporary price reduction from what we have heard and get one while you can and we do not care who you buy it from , it is a good deal ! We have not been given any specific date and with Arsenal it is often unannounced until they make it happen .On the question of discounts & freebies these prices are so low that we can not offer anything for free with the already discounted items the prices are already $350 lower than normal prices and Arsenal is not discounting these much to dealers or distributors.

• Like 1

We are not trying to boost sales by making a post so please do not be so dramatic , the prices are so low they do not need a boost . We were simply pointing out that this is a temporary price reduction from what we have heard and get one while you can and we do not care who you buy it from , it is a good deal ! We have not been given any specific date and with Arsenal it is often unannounced until they make it happen .On the question of discounts & freebies these prices are so low that we can not offer anything for free with the already discounted items the prices are already $350 lower than normal prices and Arsenal is not discounting these much to dealers or distributors.

Yeah its a good price, I just noticed you guys charge an extra 3% for credit card orders. Can you waive this ridiculous charge for saiga-12 members?

• Like 1

You know, I came close to listing my restored 7.62x39 Saiga on Gunbroker to get a $505 Arsenal Plum. I took it out of the safe, though, and changed my mind. As I looked at it, I got the feeling that I created it, almost as if I totally built it up myself. All the touches and finish that I put there, it might as well have been a build, since I took the Saiga Barrel and receiver, and built the rest up.

Then there is the accuracy: Its Izhmash hammer forged barrel gave 86mm at 100 meters before the restoral, and will do about 2 MOA now from a rest. I know this is dead on where I want it, the trigger pull a tad over 2 lbs. The RAM 2000 speed catch, and even my modified Saiga mag that takes 15 rounds. Also, I know it is absolutely, 100% reliable. Look at this. It is like my child, almost. The ARsenal only has a bayonet lug and underbarrel cleaning rod that mine doesn't. Maybe some day I will change that if I feel a need to mount a bayonet.

DSC03751.jpg

• Like 2

WASR's just went down to $349 as did Draco Pistols. Classicarms is attempting to match the K-var sale, but its really not low enough. I suspect JG sales will meet their pricing soon like they always do. Race to the bottom has begun! If you guys refrain from buying, we can force these fuckers even lower!

Imarangemaster:> I have a special place in my heart for my conversions as well, I still keep the first one I did, complete with crappy tapco trimmings. So I totally understand your attachment. That being said, you should go ahead and splurge on the k-var rifle deal. Only the century crap has room to go lower.

• Like 1

I just picked up my ~$505 plum SGL-21 from my FFL last night. Just like the SGL-20's I've had, this one is damn impressive in how high-quality and well assembled the parts are. I've never seen a kit gun that even comes close in terms of overall quality, (except for the finish), and of course the SGL's are factory-new.. so you take no chances of getting a heavily used barrel. If anyone doesn't know at this point, the only difference between the SGL-20 and SGL-21 is that the 21 is even more similar to an AK-103 since it has an intact accessory lug, (as well as a bayo lug of course), to accomodate your underbarrel grenade launcher. :D

Now I have to fight the temptation to buy another SGL-21 before the price goes back up, (nearly doubles).

I don't have my digital camera handy atm, so I'll have to post some good pics of the rifle later. Here's a crappy webcam pic of the test target that was included:

post-16775-12572775896605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Damn it. I have to quit looking in this thread. I bought a SAR1 three weeks ago, I have a Saiga getting shipped that has to be converted, and I think I'm gonna buy a plum now too. Someone help, this will make my third AK this month.....

There better be zombies one day :rolleyes:

Sucks! I bought a SAR-2 last month as well. I have no regrets its a fine rifle.... still the SGL21 is nicer at $500!

I just picked up my ~$505 plum SGL-21 from my FFL last night. Just like the SGL-20's I've had, this one is damn impressive in how high-quality and well assembled the parts are. I've never seen a kit gun that even comes close in terms of overall quality, (except for the finish), and of course the SGL's are factory-new.. so you take no chances of getting a heavily used barrel. If anyone doesn't know at this point, the only difference between the SGL-20 and SGL-21 is that the 21 is even more similar to an AK-103 since it has an intact accessory lug, (as well as a bayo lug of course), to accomidate your underbarrel grenade launcher. :D

Now I have to fight the temptation to buy another SGL-21 before the price goes back up, (nearly doubles).

I don't have my digital camera handy atm, so I'll have to post some good pics of the rifle later. Here's a crappy webcam pic of the test target that was included:

I've never owned an arsenal rifle, do they laser sight the units and test fire each against a target before shipping?

• Like 1

I just picked up my ~$505 plum SGL-21 from my FFL last night. Just like the SGL-20's I've had, this one is damn impressive in how high-quality and well assembled the parts are. I've never seen a kit gun that even comes close in terms of overall quality, (except for the finish), and of course the SGL's are factory-new.. so you take no chances of getting a heavily used barrel. If anyone doesn't know at this point, the only difference between the SGL-20 and SGL-21 is that the 21 is even more similar to an AK-103 since it has an intact accessory lug, (as well as a bayo lug of course), to accomodate your underbarrel grenade launcher. :D

I've never owned an arsenal rifle, do they laser sight the units and test fire each against a target before shipping?

Yeah.

• Like 1

I JUUUUSSTTTT BOUGHT ONEENENENNENENE!!!!!!!!!! :eek::super::lolol::wub:

....I'm also on Vikadin right now :eek:

So....freakin....excited....

Good choice, man. :up: You'll love it. Just mho, but they're superior to a "sporter" Saiga 7.62x39, (even a restored one), in every way.

The ways in which they're superior to a converted sporter are definitely finite.

1 Muzzle brake. Check.

2 Furniture with LHG. Check.

3 Minus the Extra Holes. Check. (But you gotta be a collector to notice that, no functionality at stake.)

4 Feed ramp pre-installed. Check.

5 Mag catch already the right size. Check.

6 Dimples. Check. (Some sporters have dimples now)

7 Bayo lug, and accessory lug. Check. (But you're only going to use the bayo lug.)

8 Threaded muzzle. Check. (but really the 14 LH threads give you more muzzle options than this one).

9 No bulging the case neck. Check

10 Trigger group. Check (Much difference between a G2 and a two stage? I've got a kvar single stage which is inferior to G2 IMO.)

11 Trigger guard is correct. Check (Again only a collector thing).

But the biggest thing. Functionality. Equal. Saiga receivers are well made. Both come with brand new chrome lined CHF barrels. Both have properly installed gas pistons.

But right now with there being no price differential, there's just no point.

Now back when arsenals ran $995 and sporters could be had for $225, the math was much different. For collectors, the Arsenal still called their names. For people who just wanted a reliable well built rifle, the savings were enough to tilt the balance.

I JUUUUSSTTTT BOUGHT ONEENENENNENENE!!!!!!!!!! :eek::super::lolol::wub:

....I'm also on Vikadin right now :eek:

So....freakin....excited....

Good choice, man. :up: You'll love it. Just mho, but they're superior to a "sporter" Saiga 7.62x39, (even a restored one), in every way.

The ways in which they're superior to a converted sporter are definitely finite.

1 Muzzle brake. Check.

2 Furniture with LHG. Check.

3 Minus the Extra Holes. Check. (But you gotta be a collector to notice that, no functionality at stake.)

4 Feed ramp pre-installed. Check.

5 Mag catch already the right size. Check.

6 Dimples. Check. (Some sporters have dimples now)

7 Bayo lug, and accessory lug. Check. (But you're only going to use the bayo lug.)

8 Threaded muzzle. Check. (but really the 14 LH threads give you more muzzle options than this one).

9 No bulging the case neck. Check

10 Trigger group. Check (Much difference between a G2 and a two stage? I've got a kvar single stage which is inferior to G2 IMO.)

11 Trigger guard is correct. Check (Again only a collector thing).

But the biggest thing. Functionality. Equal. Saiga receivers are well made. Both come with brand new chrome lined CHF barrels. Both have properly installed gas pistons.

But right now with there being no price differential, there's just no point.

Now back when arsenals ran $995 and sporters could be had for $225, the math was much different. For collectors, the Arsenal still called their names. For people who just wanted a reliable well built rifle, the savings were enough to tilt the balance.

Your list of SGL21, (and most Legion rifles'), advantages is substantial.

Yes, normally, (when Arsenal rifles cost much more than "sporter" Saigas), it would often make more sense to buy the RAAC rifle and convert restore it yourself. But, during this brief time in which they cost ~$500, imo you have to be stupid not to buy a SGL21 instead of a "sporter" Saiga, (or any AK rifle selling for up to $2000).

• Like 1

Your list of SGL21, (and most Legion rifles'), advantages is substantial.

Yes, normally, (when Arsenal rifles cost much more than "sporter" Saigas), it would often make more sense to buy the RAAC rifle and convert restore it yourself. But, during this brief time in which they cost ~$500, imo you have to be stupid not to buy a SGL21 instead of a "sporter" Saiga, (or any AK rifle selling for up to $2000).

Agreed. I have a restored Saiga 7.62x39, and love it. Even did the bullet guide and '74 FSB with brake.

But, I couldn't resist the SGL-21 (and an SLR-106 I slipped by the wife!). I'm pretty sure I spent more on my Saiga and its conversion than I did on the SGL.

Edited by runner6m