S-20 8rd mags on sale

<Link Removed>

follow the link and you'll find the 8rd 20ga mags for sale in stock :lolol:

get them while you can

Suckey part... those are for 3" shell's only. i have two, they'll cycle 2 3/4 when they feel like it, but for the most part they like to jam.

If your shells are jamming, it is most likely because you have not installed a wedge on your mags' follower which improves the angle of the shells entry into the chamber breech. You should install such a wedge in all 3 inch capacity type S-20 magazines.

~Gary

Edited by Nailbomb

<link removed>

follow the link and you'll find the 8rd 20ga mags for sale in stock :lolol:

get them while you can

Suckey part... those are for 3" shell's only. i have two, they'll cycle 2 3/4 when they feel like it, but for the most part they like to jam.

If your shells are jamming, it is most likely because you have not installed a wedge on your mags' follower which improves the angle of the shells entry into the chamber breech. You should install such a wedge in all 3 inch capacity type S-20 magazines.

~Gary

actually i have, in one... it didnt help much....

the 3" mags sit futher back in the mag well, allowing the shell to jam into the upper part of the chamber.

Hmmm...that's strange. I came up with the idea for those wedges by using them in my Russian 8rd mags (and the 5s). All mine work great.

Yup, i bought these from you a few years ago. I finally figured out which shot shell's to use in my gun, so i should try it again, but every now and again, it'll jam a slug into the back of the chanmber, and both mag's (8rnd corrected and uncorrected) act the same, they'll cycle as they see fit.

The only ONLY shot shell that will cycle 100% is the remington elcheap-o shot shell's sold at walmart. They come in a 100rnd "value pack" the spec's are...

2 3/4lenght,

2 1/2 Dram EQ.

1200 ft/sec

7/8oz shot

7 1/2 shot

They are easy to ID by opening the box and grabbing a shell, they have rib's running the lenght of the shell (not around) and are yellow in color.

Hmmm...that's strange. I came up with the idea for those wedges by using them in my Russian 8rd mags (and the 5s). All mine work great.

Yup, i bought these from you a few years ago. I finally figured out which shot shell's to use in my gun, so i should try it again, but every now and again, it'll jam a slug into the back of the chanmber, and both mag's (8rnd corrected and uncorrected) act the same, they'll cycle as they see fit.

The only ONLY shot shell that will cycle 100% is the remington elcheap-o shot shell's sold at walmart. They come in a 100rnd "value pack" the spec's are...

2 3/4lenght,

2 1/2 Dram EQ.

1200 ft/sec

7/8oz shot

7 1/2 shot

They are easy to ID by opening the box and grabbing a shell, they have rib's running the lenght of the shell (not around) and are yellow in color.

Yep that's mostly what I use when not shooting slugs. My gun eats it up. I haven't shot the 20 as much since I started doing so much with the 12s. I need to take it out again with those 8 rd mags and make sure everything's still running good.

If you are still having issues with the wedges, and they aren't ammo related, let me know. I found some new stuff to make them out of which may work better. I just need to turn some out.

I can't get any of the cheap shells to function at all :killer:

The only shot shell's that work in my gun AT ALL are the cheap remington's. This is after i've tried every trick ever posted on these forum's.

From the 1911 pistol recoil spring, to cutting sprial's out of it, then letting the gun sit for 2-3month's with the bolt held completely open. Nothing work's. Except these cheap shell's.

One issue i am having is....

When i shoot slug's the hammer doesnt "cock". After the first round goes off, the following cannot fire even though the shell has completely ejected and the action has cycled the new one in. I have to "half cycle" the action to get the hammer to reset, then it'll fire only 1 more only to repeat the process.

This problem only ocures with slug's, never with shot shell's. Any idea's?

I'm sure you have already tried changing the gas setting...maybe look into trying gunfixr's gas plug. It gives a wider range of adjustment. Also try swapping the recoil spring back to the original when you shoot slugs. And be sure and really lean into it. Limp wristing these things when they are already finicky is not good.

• 2 weeks later...

Also try swapping the recoil spring back to the original when you shoot slugs. And be sure and really lean into it.

Though i didnt switch the springs, i did have good luck with it hunting this past week. I assume the additional padding my 5 layer's of clothing gave allowed just enough dampening, it cycled perfect every shot, everytime. My S-20 bagged it's first buck opening morning.

Awesome! Nice shootin! :super: Most people don't flinch or weak shoulder it when there's a deer in the sights. Maybe that made all the difference? Or were you not using the problem mags anyway? Just wondering...

Awesome! Nice shootin! :super: Most people don't flinch or weak shoulder it when there's a deer in the sights. Maybe that made all the difference? Or were you not using the problem mags anyway? Just wondering...

I was using the factory 5rnd mag, the 2 3/4 slug's would usually cycle alright in both mag's. The problem i was having was with the hammer wouldnt cock after each shot, but with my heavy cloths on, it seemed to work fine.

Another "thing" i noticed, the cycling action is very "knochy" on my S-20, compaired to either of my bro's S-12's... Just seem's like it might contribute to a cycling issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am selling the last few I have for $99.95 which is less than I paid for them. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-356/Izhmash-RAA-Saiga-20/Detail

They are 3" mags, Cobra has wedges that can be installed to run 2 3/4".

I had the Saiga 20 out today to see if it would pattern well enough for a turkey hunt. The 3" shells [Remington #6] ran flawlessly. 2 3/4 reloads, not so good. I ordered 2 of the 8 rounders with the plan of some 3 gun fun. I managed to special order 6 boxes of some 3" shells and plan on reloading, I have a MEC 600 Jr that I have set up just for doing 3 inch. I'll post reload results after I can confirm reliability.