Best sight for Saiga 12

I shoot 3-gun competitions. I shoot open class with a Konus atomic dot on a quad rail.

Its been great. I have a genuine eotech 553 and a real aimpoint Mk 3. The konus is screaming deal.

Here I go again, how's the glass on it?

Sorry, That's the first question I ask EVERYBODY when they bring up a new sight to the thread.

Ripper, if fast and flawless glass is what you want, with great relief, then try the Zeiss Z-Point. I have a couple of them on other weapons, and I love it. Proven very durable and works well in all weather, and obviously very, very, nice glass. The quick-clamp rail mount holds a zero well, too.

I did try one on my S12 for one trip to the range. I guess that I have shot too many rounds of trap, skeet, and clays in my life, so I can't seem to get used to having a sight on a scatter gun. After about 150 rounds, I went back to the factory bead at the front of the tube, and I am happy with that for now. I do want to swap it for a tritium at some point, just in case the TLR2 fails and it's really dark, all at the same time.

Edited by MCASSgt New River
Removed non-business member link
  • Like 1
  • 4 years later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post apoc, are you almost done crying yet? I thought you said a long ways back that it would be best if we ignored each other? (basically that's what I was trying to do when I edited my post out) Well

Like I was saying earlier though...for an S-12 that will be shooting lots of slugs and magnum buck, you probably should opt for the Kobra with the coin style battery, instead of the AAs. I've had no t

So cobra, what you're saying is that if someone disagrees with you, they're automatically a "troll"? 6500rpm prefers the Krebs as well, is he a "troll"?   You are the one who took this thread in

Posted Images

Anyone know what the diameter of the EAA import Saiga 12 should be? I tried and stripped the threads on the Krebs Custom combat front sight. And am trying to work it out with Mr. Krebs at present. My best measurements .886 to .889. Mr. Krebs said their sight won't fit. And has offered to replace. But if it's not going to fit, WTF?

Anyone know what the diameter of the EAA import Saiga 12 should be? I tried and stripped the threads on the Krebs Custom combat front sight. And am trying to work it out with Mr. Krebs at present. My best measurements .886 to .889. Mr. Krebs said their sight won't fit. And has offered to replace. But if it's not going to fit, WTF?

You're talking about this thing right?

919513.jpg

Are you asking for the barrel diameter? Mine measures 0.885" just behind where its mounted. There should be more than enough play to allow for a 0.004" size difference, I can't imagine why yours did not fit. What screws did you strip, the ones on the bottom? Are they not long enough to engage or something? Did Krebs tell you why it would not fit?

huh.png Confused.

You might not be interested in a different FSB by now, but I'm running a Krebs rear with the Dinzag front and I love/recommend it. It slips over the bbl and uses set screws. Also don't have to worry about drifting the rear sight if you get to the range and find it's off by a bit, you can just use a standard AK adjustment tool. I'm thinking about a Big Dot for the sight post.

As for your problem at hand, sorry, no I don't have much advice for ya. Good luck though.

Edited by Goose

You're talking about this thing right?

919513.jpg

Are you asking for the barrel diameter? Mine measures 0.885" just behind where its mounted. There should be more than enough play to allow for a 0.004" size difference, I can't imagine why yours did not fit. What screws did you strip, the ones on the bottom? Are they not long enough to engage or something? Did Krebs tell you why it would not fit?

huh.png Confused.

Yes, that's the one. When I tried to tighten, F/S would still move. After talking to Mr. Krebs I tried to tighten some more, and stripped the female end of threads.

You might not be interested in a different FSB by now, but I'm running a Krebs rear with the Dinzag front and I love/recommend it. It slips over the bbl and uses set screws. Also don't have to worry about drifting the rear sight if you get to the range and find it's off by a bit, you can just use a standard AK adjustment tool. I'm thinking about a Big Dot for the sight post.

As for your problem at hand, sorry, no I don't have much advice for ya. Good luck though.

I've been emailing them too.

Well, that is odd. So your barrel is slightly undersized? Not sure how to fix something that small, off the top of my head you could maybe:

1) remove material from the split portion of the FSB so it could tighten further?

2) use something like metal tape as a shim?

3) knurl the barrel to slightly increase diameter?

4) have your FSB welded in place? (I had Leland at Sierra Ordnace Company do this to mine.)

These are just ideas I'm spitballing, I don't know how to correct your issue. Maybe Krebs could even make you an FSB with a slightly smaller diameter.

Either way, good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

• 1 month later...