• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to j

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone

Well if you have it preordered there is a new site up for a chance to win some nifty stuff suprizeattack.com

Posted Images

So who else is going to have some serious loss of productivity when even the 5th cup o' joe wont get you out of your gaming binge induced crash at work Nov 11th?

My platform is the PS3. I'll try to look out for some of yinz.

I'm ready to Rock on that shit! Looking forward to it. My Xbox tag is THE RIPPER 69 and my PS3 tag is R1PPER. If you didn't know you can get the bundle pack which will also have COD 1. It's only $20 more. See you in the trenches! :killer::killer::killer:

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone 4 prestige on the xbox version and put countless hours into the PC game.

And then they come along and do something completely treasonous and horrible and

REMOVE DEDICATED SERVERS.

Infinity Ward has now lost my purchase as well as many from the PC community. Not to mention the removal of Co-Op campaign.

• Like 1

I'm actually switching out my preorder to Best Buy from Gamestop so I can pick up this bad boy at midnight.

I totally agree that they did hose the PC gamers. Dedicated servers were THE way to really build a community. BF1942 dedicated Omaha Beach was the only server I played for 3 months straight one time. Hell I think I stayed in the turret near the ramp for almost a week alone. To yinz in the know...."No tanks on the beach or you will be kicked!"

I'm actually switching out my preorder to Best Buy from Gamestop so I can pick up this bad boy at midnight.

I totally agree that they did hose the PC gamers. Dedicated servers were THE way to really build a community. BF1942 dedicated Omaha Beach was the only server I played for 3 months straight one time. Hell I think I stayed in the turret near the ramp for almost a week alone. To yinz in the know...."No tanks on the beach or you will be kicked!"

Exactly. It's total BS.

The only reason I got this game on 360 in the first place was because I had a bunch of friends at my old job who played it and we teamed up to rofl-stomp 13 year old snipers.

PS: How to win at COD4 on 360

1. UAV jammer

2. Eavesdrop

3. Knife all the kids up in the grassy hillside.

4. Listen to the crying.

5. ...

6. PROFIT!!!!

Exactly. It's total BS.

The only reason I got this game on 360 in the first place was because I had a bunch of friends at my old job who played it and we teamed up to rofl-stomp 13 year old snipers.

1. UAV jammer

2. Eavesdrop

4. Listen to the crying.

5. ...

6. PROFIT!!!!

:lolol: Yup. Hard to beat that combo.

It would be cool, however unbalanced, in the sense of realism to allow silenced sniper weapons as a prestige bonus. Perhaps make it temporary, for say the 1st 10 rounds.

Edited by 690gr

Exactly. It's total BS.

1. UAV jammer

2. Eavesdrop

4. Listen to the crying.

5. ...

6. PROFIT!!!!

I play hardcore. I can't handle playing that core shit. You have to dump a whole mag in a guy to take him out. I run with a Bandolier, UAV Jammer and Deep Impact.

The 13 year old snipers :lolol:

They crack me up cause they do the same crap all the time but get so pissed off that they are getting stabed I like to do the uv jammer silenced mp5 and just run around stabbing people but them bitching is accutaly funny some of it makes no scence but still funny

I have never played, but watch my girl's son plays all the time. He's ordered the Limited Edition that comes with "real" night vision goggles. I may give it a try myself. I have the 360, and PS3. My PC is tough enough to handle the game but I will probably stick to the consoles on this one. It's funny hearing a kid play this, he's 12, I know he wants to cuss sometimes but sticks with "Dang It!" and the occasional "Fa&&ot!" but it's with his friends so I'm OK with it.

I totally agree with RIPPER, Core playing against 13 year-olds all using Jugs pisses me off. Thats why I can usually be found in Hardcore. Although it really diminishes the difference between the primary weapons (pick the most accurate or fastest cycling and don't worry about power) I enjoy it a heluva lot more.

We could carry a common clan tag to help identify us, maybe [s12] if you aren't already in one?

Edited by 690gr

I totally agree with RIPPER, Core playing against 13 year-olds all using Jugs pisses me off. Thats why I can usually be found in Hardcore. Although it really diminishes the difference between the primary weapons (pick the most accurate or fastest cycling and don't worry about power) I enjoy it a heluva lot more.

We could carry a common clan tag to help identify us, maybe [s12] if you aren't already in one?

Yea, juggernaut or n**ganaut as a friend calls it, sucks the wank. Thats why I play hardcore. G3 is practically a one shot monster in HC mode.

clan tag: [AA-20] :haha:

Last stand is a bunch of bullshit too! I hate when you drop a guy and he goes into last stand. Lets say the map "Overgrown". He's ACROSS the map and pins you down with his pistol. "I need back up, there's a guy with a pistol 200 yards out that's got me pinned. Help!" I have an M 16 or a G 3 in my hand though. Is that gay or what?

Edited by THE RIPPER

We don't run a clan name. I think it's a mental thing. I think if someone jumps in a room and it looks like the other team is just a pick up crew (no clan), they take them lighter than they would a clan. Next thing they know, it's game over and they just got smoked! Also, I think it keeps the shit talking down. Too many punks (13 year old snipers) out there. I just want to play, I don't want to hear the little punks talk their shit. I'm not saying they don't talk shit anyway, but not as much as the clan pride wars.

I'm going to pre-order this shit soon, been looking forward to it for WAY too long. I'm a COD fan for sure and plan to spend countless hours killing when MW2 when it comes out. Hell, when I was on unemployment this winter, I would get an average of 8 hours a day M-F of playing! It got boring after a while since I turned into a robot...I think my best was K-47 & D-8...and that's on 360...come get some!!!

XBOX 360 gamertag: SICKWITEM

:bad_smile:

Edited by sicktooth

MW2- funny link

If you don't already know what weapons are in the game, this is a good site to check it out. There are only three guys in the clan I am in, "TK4L"= Team Killers 4 Life. Somehow we always end up shooting each other? We piss each other off and sometimes it's on purpose, we only play hardcore.

COD4:

~When a guy goes into last stand, he's often immune for a second and while falling. This isn't noticeable in console, because you can't aim fast anyway. But when you shoot a guy 6 times with your M-14, if you did it quickly it doesn't count. He was immune to the last 5, enjoy your pistol death.

~Noobs are punished with the worst kits.

~Shotgun pellets DISAPPEAR after 10 yards. They don't make holes or do damage beyond that, they just disappear. I got gold auto and red pump and never played the game again.

~Punkbuster never works, on any computer that I've ever seen. Everybody I know was unable to play in punkbuster required servers, which is over 99% of them. After six months of the game being out, it became all but one or two or them at a time. Nobody I know can play that game online anymore, it is impossible, it is a wasted $50. The CD is a coaster with a hole in the center. This applies to COD5 as well. 100% unplayable, we all lost our $50.

~Hardcore mode was awesome, all games need that. Non-hardcore on PC was as bad as Halo on console.

~Cars explode ridiculously. Cars. Do. Not. Explode.

COD4,2:

~No dedicated servers, no mods, no admins, no game. This means it will literally be unplayable, a junk console port. Everybody that buys it for PC is going to do it because they didn't realize these things, and they're going to be PISSED. At least with COD4 and 5 I got to play the game for a couple weeks before all support bugged out and the game became worthless. This one is going to be RELEASED worthless.

I played COD4 on console, I don't know how you can stand that shit. I aimed at a guy 50 yards away, lined up the dot on his head, another enemy ran past him. The dot followed behind the new guy for 20 yards while I tried to keep myself from tearing the controller in half. The game plays itself, faggotry.

faggotry.jpg

Edited by Twinsen
  • Like 1

COD4:

~When a guy goes into last stand, he's often immune for a second and while falling. This isn't noticeable in console, because you can't aim fast anyway. But when you shoot a guy 6 times with your M-14, if you did it quickly it doesn't count. He was immune to the last 5, enjoy your pistol death.

~Noobs are punished with the worst kits.

~Shotgun pellets DISAPPEAR after 10 yards. They don't make holes or do damage beyond that, they just disappear. I got gold auto and red pump and never played the game again.

~Punkbuster never works, on any computer that I've ever seen. Everybody I know was unable to play in punkbuster required servers, which is over 99% of them. After six months of the game being out, it became all but one or two or them at a time. Nobody I know can play that game online anymore, it is impossible, it is a wasted $50. The CD is a coaster with a hole in the center. This applies to COD5 as well. 100% unplayable, we all lost our $50.

~Hardcore mode was awesome, all games need that. Non-hardcore on PC was as bad as Halo on console.

~Cars explode ridiculously. Cars. Do. Not. Explode.

COD4,2:

~No dedicated servers, no mods, no admins, no game. This means it will literally be unplayable, a junk console port. Everybody that buys it for PC is going to do it because they didn't realize these things, and they're going to be PISSED. At least with COD4 and 5 I got to play the game for a couple weeks before all support bugged out and the game became worthless. This one is going to be RELEASED worthless.

I played COD4 on console, I don't know how you can stand that shit. I aimed at a guy 50 yards away, lined up the dot on his head, another enemy ran past him. The dot followed behind the new guy for 20 yards while I tried to keep myself from tearing the controller in half. The game plays itself, faggotry.

faggotry.jpg

Well said. BF1942 dedicated servers kickass if you haven't played them yet. Graphically the game seems a little dated now but still very fun IMO.

As for auto aim... I turn that crap off for the reasons you describe plus its only for the weak. I think it should be unusable in Hardcore.

I am looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 single player for PC.

I am not looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 multi player for PC due to lack of dedicated servers which will mean:

-Hard to ban screaming/exploiting/teamkilling 13 year olds

-Host player in matchmaking service has zero lag time which gives a huge advantage over other players

-No modded maps, scenarios, etc

-No hosted server communities (I usually find 3-4 good servers in an FPS and stick to them forever)

The migration from dedicated servers to peer to peer matchmaking was a terrible and lazy idea... clearly made by some "suit" or console fanboy at a meeting rather than a real gamer.

Move to consoles? Hah. I can't stand the console gaming communities, nor their controllers (or lack of control), dated hardware, poor internet browsing, etc. If I can't use a mouse and keyboard to play a game (especially an FPS), I am not buying it.

Had I not gotten the preorder for free by purchasing a replacement graphics card, I probably would have just borrowed it from a friend to play the single player campaign over the weekend (Best Buy is running a $60 off BFG graphics card when you purchase MW2... basically a free MW2).