I have no idea about DSL, but I am absolutely amazed at the processing power of Xbox live and the speed of broadband. Xbox processes an amazing amount of data and keeps track of virtually every aspect of every player in every scenario. It really is impressive.

It's also amazing at how fast gamers got spoiled. If the connection slows down from real-time even the slightest amount, the complaints are instantaneous. LOL

And yet everything still plays faster on PC. BOOYAH!

So why is everyone whining about not having dedicated servers?

I am not 100% sure on this, but I think it means that they cannot make modded game types. On the PC most games get a lot of different mods on them so you can have an almost unlimited number of game types and different game rules. Just look at all the stuff they did with half life and half life 2.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to j

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone

Well if you have it preordered there is a new site up for a chance to win some nifty stuff suprizeattack.com

Posted Images

It's because without dedicated servers you're stuck to the insanely small number of players and the high lag that you have on consoles. Yes, I know, it says you have 3 green bars. :lolol:

I guess I'll list off why:

~Low latency (single digit pings instead of triple digit)

~Has the ability to handle voice use, sure some consoles can, but they do so very badly at incredibly bad quality, high compression, high lag, and packet loss

~More players (100 instead of 12)

~You can set rules

~You can enforce rules

~You can make private servers

~You can control who you play with

~Constantly runs, no reliance on a "host"

~You can modify anything and everything as you see fit. Probably 8 out of the top 10 best games of all time are mods of other games.

Edited by Twinsen

Another thing that kinda pisses me off is that as I go through the leaderboards, I can find NOBODY as bad as I am on the death/kill ratio - not ONE SINGLE PERSON dies more than I do.

Just yesterday I picked up a PS3 and COD4: MW (because I'm cheap, and it was $20 cheaper than MW2 :ph34r: ). Anyway, I played single player for about 2 hours. Then decided to just jump into multiplayer (which went surprisingly well for the 30 seconds I played, considering I run DSL)............wow, what a mistake. First off, I had no idea what I was doing to begin with. I don't even remember what kind of match it was. Secondly, I've never played any games online, let alone something as fast paced as MW.

I literally died 2 times within about 30 seconds, all while not even getting 1 kill. I managed to get my crosshairs onto an enemy (I'm assuming it was an enemy anyway, a skull-n-crossbones appeared when I put sights on them), but didn't even get a shot off. MW multiplayer does what you mentioned earlier that MW2 multiplayer does; it shows the last couple seconds of the POV of who killed you............dude came from around a corner, and just smoked me and the 3 others I was with.

So, I suck at life. Once I figure out what the hell I'm doing, maybe I'll take another stab at it.

Another thing that kinda pisses me off is that as I go through the leaderboards, I can find NOBODY as bad as I am on the death/kill ratio - not ONE SINGLE PERSON dies more than I do.

Just yesterday I picked up a PS3 and COD4: MW (because I'm cheap, and it was $20 cheaper than MW2 :ph34r: ). Anyway, I played single player for about 2 hours. Then decided to just jump into multiplayer (which went surprisingly well for the 30 seconds I played, considering I run DSL)............wow, what a mistake. First off, I had no idea what I was doing to begin with. I don't even remember what kind of match it was. Secondly, I've never played any games online, let alone something as fast paced as MW.

I literally died 2 times within about 30 seconds, all while not even getting 1 kill. I managed to get my crosshairs onto an enemy (I'm assuming it was an enemy anyway, a skull-n-crossbones appeared when I put sights on them), but didn't even get a shot off. MW multiplayer does what you mentioned earlier that MW2 multiplayer does; it shows the last couple seconds of the POV of who killed you............dude came from around a corner, and just smoked me and the 3 others I was with.

So, I suck at life. Once I figure out what the hell I'm doing, maybe I'll take another stab at it.

The skull means the guy is dead. Someone else killed him before you could get a shot off.

So, you died twice 30 seconds without getting a kill? Shit, that sounds pretty good to me.

Here are some things I've learned about it:

First, I will never be as fast or as accurate as the kids playing this game. I am not even as fast or as accurate as the worst of them. The ONLY ones I can kill are the ones who are obviously doing bong hits between matches. However, with kids who are straight and sober at the time, I don't stand a chance (not even against the fifth graders). So, I can't go out running around looking for someone to shoot. I die every time I try that.

Second, I can't fight their war. I have to fight MY war and that means to find a series of places to hide where each one backs up the other. When you shoot, you not only give your position away (any enemy in the area will descend on your ass in a heartbeat), but whoever you shot will immediately come back looking for payback. So, I hide and wait for someone to come running by. When I grease them I immediately move to another hiding spot that targets the first one I was at and shoot them again when they come back looking to kill me for killing them the first time. When I hide and wait, I do much better.

Third, the game has been out for a while now and most guys have been promoted to the point where they have a WAY UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over you. They're not only experts at the game, but they have stealth technology and weaponry that vastly out-guns the guys who are just starting. They can see you from a long way off, but you can't see them. It's completely unfair, but that's the way it is if you buy the game two weeks AFTER it comes out.

Fourth, you can't let getting killed bother you or you'll turn the thing off and walk away. The smack talk between wars is unbelievable. The kids will tell you they're going to fuck your face and then do it - repeatedly. Sometimes it makes me want to don a suicide vest and run up to them just for some payback, but they don't offer that in the game. The smack talk between the black players is fucking racist as all hell. One fucking idiot said, "I like white pussy because white pussy is stupid." I chose not to respond. You'll hear shit like that all the time. I rarely hear racist talk from white players although one kid, after hearing the racist shit out of the black players said, "Where's a tree and a rope. I've had it with this shit." The smack talk gets pretty ugly sometimes.

One of the things I learned is that some of the kids who are flat-out fucking experts at this game (lightening fast and accurate as hell) are total losers in life. The shit they say is incomprehensibly moronic. Many don't know SHIT about success in life. I can't figure out whether they're Beevis or Butthead.

So, in short, get back online. Don't wait until you think you have it figured out. Get back on NOW and start playing. Just don't FIGHT THEIR WAR. Fight yours. Hide and wait. If you hide and get a kill and are immediately killed thereafter, you still got a kill for your death. However, to run around looking for someone to shoot.... shit, all you'll do is fucking die time after time. Take it from one who knows.

Start a private party just for yourself and run around the map with no other players. Learn what is where. Spend some time finding good hiding spots. Knowing what's where is a huge advantage and I guarantee you everyone else knows the map as well as they know their own house by now.

I shot one guy yesterday... After I shot him, a bunch of shit popped up on the screen (Head shot, pay back, vengeance, long shot, YOU'VE BEEN PROMOTED!). As I sat there glowing in all my accolades for killing the guy someone came up behind me and slashed my throat with their knife.

Shoot and move! Never just sit there after taking a shot or you will die.

Here's the good news... After Christmas a bunch of new kids will just be starting up. If you pay hard right now, you'll have it figured out just about the time the new meat comes on line and you'll get plenty of payback then.

One last thing... you have to cook your grenades. If you just toss a grenade, they'll all run and you won't get a kill. You have to pull the pin and wait for at least three seconds before you let it fly or you'll never kill anyone with it.

Edited by Bounce12
  • Like 1

I love bOObies, I have to encourage you to keep playing live. When you get your ass kicked, keep playing and then keep playing some more. You're gonna get pissed off, just keep playing and working your way up the levels.

Once you get up to about level 30, you get access to some neat shit that will REALLY help.

I have stealth now (it's called Ninja and you get it at about level 26 or 27) and then you get claymore mines at about level 30 or so.

The claymores really help because there are lots of hiding places where you can mine your 6:00 and focus the fire-power of your primary weapon in the other direction. If your claymore blows up, you can wheel around and shoot the second guy through. Don't put the claymore in a fashion that they can see it. I generally hide it around a corner so they won't see it. They just blow up if they try to pass.

Another thing that's WAY cool is the stinger missile. I have shot down two cobras and one pave low. It is so cool watching that shit fall from the sky KNOWING the enemy guy who launched it is REALLY pissed off about it. LOL

I had a death to kill ratio of about 4 to 1. That means I died about four times for every kill I got. Now, I generally get a kill for every death I suffer (1 to 1), so things are getting much more fun now. Just keep going.

Good words of wisdom from you Bounce. Your on xbox right? What's your gamer name?

I am using my daughter's gamertag - "caysi."

Warning - I still suck pretty bad, but I'm getting better - slowly.

I actually won a knife fight yesterday though against a guy with a riot shield - LOL. Even I get lucky once in a while.

Edited by Bounce12

There is a lot of trickery and tactics and strategy that goes on in this game - all at lightening speed.

I mined my 6:00 and then crouched behind some bushes waiting for someone to run past me. However, there is a "perk" you get later in the game that allows you to run right through mines without tripping them. Moreover, when you crouch with a stinger missile, the thing sticks straight up like a flag that says, "HERE I AM!"

Well, some guy walked right through my mine without triggering it, ran up to me (he obviously saw my stinger missile sticking straight up) and slashed me with his knife.

Moreover, if you want to use the stinger, you have to have a clear shot to the harrier or the helicopter and that forces you to go outside and expose yourself. I get shot a lot myself when trying to shoot shit down. So, I may put that stinger down and pick up a shotgun instead.

Good words of wisdom from you Bounce. Your on xbox right? What's your gamer name?

I am using my daughter's gamertag - "caysi."

Warning - I still suck pretty bad, but I'm getting better - slowly.

I actually won a knife fight yesterday though against a guy with a riot shield - LOL. Even I get lucky once in a while.

Usually if you use explosives on the guys with riot shields it works a lot better. Semtex is my favorite because it sticks to the shield and they cant run from it, although you also have to be careful because sometimes if they know what you just did they will try to kamikaze you and sprint straight at you and blow you up with them.

Also the stinger is really fun. I am not sure if you know this as I did not know until not too long ago but the stinger can shoot down anything in the sky, even UAV's and the choppers that drop care packages(although you need to acquire the target really fast to get one of those).

The skull means the guy is dead. Someone else killed him before you could get a shot off. So not only did I not even get a shot off...........the dude was already dead? :cryss::lolol:

So, you died twice 30 seconds without getting a kill? Shit, that sounds pretty good to me.

Here are some things I've learned about it:

First, I will never be as fast or as accurate as the kids playing this game. I am not even as fast or as accurate as the worst of them. The ONLY ones I can kill are the ones who are obviously doing bong hits between matches. However, with kids who are straight and sober at the time, I don't stand a chance (not even against the fifth graders). So, I can't go out running around looking for someone to shoot. I die every time I try that. I'm definitely not fast either. I'm not used to fast-paced games. Up until I sold my PS2 a couple years ago, I was a GTA type guy. I liked the Splinter Cell type games and some driving games.

Second, I can't fight their war. I have to fight MY war and that means to find a series of places to hide where each one backs up the other. When you shoot, you not only give your position away (any enemy in the area will descend on your ass in a heartbeat), but whoever you shot will immediately come back looking for payback. So, I hide and wait for someone to come running by. When I grease them I immediately move to another hiding spot that targets the first one I was at and shoot them again when they come back looking to kill me for killing them the first time. When I hide and wait, I do much better. Makes sense. I'll have to give that a try.

Third, the game has been out for a while now and most guys have been promoted to the point where they have a WAY UNFAIR ADVANTAGE over you. They're not only experts at the game, but they have stealth technology and weaponry that vastly out-guns the guys who are just starting. They can see you from a long way off, but you can't see them. It's completely unfair, but that's the way it is if you buy the game two weeks AFTER it comes out. This goes doubly for me, as I'm playing COD4: MW (as opposed to MW2, like the rest of you).

Fourth, you can't let getting killed bother you or you'll turn the thing off and walk away. The smack talk between wars is unbelievable. The kids will tell you they're going to fuck your face and then do it - repeatedly. Sometimes it makes me want to don a suicide vest and run up to them just for some payback, but they don't offer that in the game. The smack talk between the black players is fucking racist as all hell. One fucking idiot said, "I like white pussy because white pussy is stupid." I chose not to respond. You'll hear shit like that all the time. I rarely hear racist talk from white players although one kid, after hearing the racist shit out of the black players said, "Where's a tree and a rope. I've had it with this shit." The smack talk gets pretty ugly sometimes. (Luckily?) I don't have a headset and mic. Am I missing anything (besides "hard" talk from 13 yr olds) by not rocking a headset/mic?

One of the things I learned is that some of the kids who are flat-out fucking experts at this game (lightening fast and accurate as hell) are total losers in life. The shit they say is incomprehensibly moronic. Many don't know SHIT about success in life. I can't figure out whether they're Beevis or Butthead. I've noticed this. My girl and I went to the mall yesterday to pick up a used copy of GTA 4, and GameStop was filled with "interesting" people. Some of the people in there (not even just the young'ns) seemed like the types who are/will be the 45 yr olds living in their parents basement. Not a knock to any hardcore gamers here. I'm talking about the dudes who are like the guy in that South Park episode that was all about World of Warcraft:

southpark_wow2.jpg

:lolol:

So, in short, get back online. Don't wait until you think you have it figured out. Get back on NOW and start playing. Just don't FIGHT THEIR WAR. Fight yours. Hide and wait. If you hide and get a kill and are immediately killed thereafter, you still got a kill for your death. However, to run around looking for someone to shoot.... shit, all you'll do is fucking die time after time. Take it from one who knows. I plan on it. Like I said, I picked up GTA 4 and have been playing that for a bit. (Have you noticed my MO yet? Buy the games that have already been out for awhile, because they're cheaper. :lolol: )

Start a private party just for yourself and run around the map with no other players. Learn what is where. Spend some time finding good hiding spots. Knowing what's where is a huge advantage and I guarantee you everyone else knows the map as well as they know their own house by now. I didn't know you could do this. See, I just went into MP, and have no idea even what type of match I was in. I'll definitely have to take the time to check out the maps.

I shot one guy yesterday... After I shot him, a bunch of shit popped up on the screen (Head shot, pay back, vengeance, long shot, YOU'VE BEEN PROMOTED!). As I sat there glowing in all my accolades for killing the guy someone came up behind me and slashed my throat with their knife.

Shoot and move! Never just sit there after taking a shot or you will die.

Here's the good news... After Christmas a bunch of new kids will just be starting up. If you pay hard right now, you'll have it figured out just about the time the new meat comes on line and you'll get plenty of payback then.

One last thing... you have to cook your grenades. If you just toss a grenade, they'll all run and you won't get a kill. You have to pull the pin and wait for at least three seconds before you let it fly or you'll never kill anyone with it.

Thanks for all the tips, Bounce. I'll have to put them to use when I go back at it.

It'll get better for you ( . )( . ) Whats your PSN ID 22shooter?

A friend of mine just asked me this.........I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure. I do know, for fact, that it's either "D26" or D26NY". It's one or the other. You know how you had to make a "name" for your PS3, when first starting it up and going through all the initial stuff? Well, I can't remember which was my PS3's name, and which name I made for online play :unsure:

But it's definitely one or the other, as I know those are the only 2 I had made for anything for the PS3.

What's yours?

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to just sit and wait?? it will take u forever to level up that way...

You are exactly right. It is for n00bs - like me. People like us have no skills and sitting and waiting for the punks to run by beats dying twice every 30 seconds.

When you spend more time respawning than you do playing, you have to do something else or you won't even bother playing at all. You can't build skills when constantly taking rounds to the head.

Believe it or not, spending the game respawning takes forever to level up, too. LOL

I don't have a headset and mic. Am I missing anything (besides "hard" talk from 13 yr olds) by not rocking a headset/mic

Oh yeah, the headset and the mic allow you to warn others of shit they don't see and get warned of shit you don't see.

It has saved me many times.

My is the same as here superhawk138

OK, mine is D26NY. I just added you (but I don't have MW2 yet, so you're going to have to wait to murder me :lolol: ). I see on my main menu, it shows you as a pending add, and I can see your avatar. How do you get one of those?

I don't have a headset and mic. Am I missing anything (besides "hard" talk from 13 yr olds) by not rocking a headset/mic

Oh yeah, the headset and the mic allow you to warn others of shit they don't see and get warned of shit you don't see.

Maybe I'll have to look into that then.

I just took another stab at it, in a Free-for-all. I managed to get 3 kills (and died 3 times, of course). The first kill was from standing in a dead end alley and someone walked by, and I shot them in the back, haha. The other two kills were from me running around like a nutjob and lucking out. But as soon as I put rounds on them and dropped them, I was immediately killed by someone else. Watching those "kill cams", I can't believe how quick some of these guys get their cross hairs on me. It's damn near instantaneous. I sit there and fumble with the control trying to aim, and it takes forever. Practice, practice, practice, I guess.

It said I got "promoted" to Private First Class I, and gained the "Demolitions" thing (whatever that is).

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to just sit and wait?? it will take u forever to level up that way...

You are exactly right. It is for n00bs - like me. People like us have no skills and sitting and waiting for the punks to run by beats dying twice every 30 seconds.

When you spend more time respawning than you do playing, you have to do something else or you won't even bother playing at all. You can't build skills when constantly taking rounds to the head.

Believe it or not, spending the game respawning takes forever to level up, too. LOL

you cant build skills either if u sit around not firing at all...i got better one i got used to aiming quickly...believed me when i first started i was getting killed out the ass too. i suggest sticking with one gun. work on leveling it up to unlock better equipment for it. i run a FAL with the eotech and a flash hider, also any snipe with the acog. u on ps3?? if you are, add me...well kill sum retards sometime!!

psn ID: spraypaint

Edited by spraypaint

Tips from an ex-console COD4 player:

1. Sights - For the love of god use them.

2. Grenades - This game is after all Grenade of Grenade: Grenade Warfare 2...grenade.

3. Knife - Don't try to get that melee kill unless the dude totally doesn't see you by the time you are about to stick your balls on the top of his head.

4. Sprint - Only do it after you spawn to get to the general area of fighting and to get the fuck away from that asshole who just dropped a 'nade at your feet. It takes way too long to go from sprint to irons up.

5. Burst your fire - don't just hold the trigger down, pulse it.

6. E-peen - Don't hesitate to show off and gloat that you just raped some 13-year old fucker. The biggest asshole is the real winner.. especially on xbox.

My is the same as here superhawk138

OK, mine is D26NY. I just added you (but I don't have MW2 yet, so you're going to have to wait to murder me :lolol: ). I see on my main menu, it shows you as a pending add, and I can see your avatar. How do you get one of those?

Maybe I'll have to look into that then.

I just took another stab at it, in a Free-for-all. I managed to get 3 kills (and died 3 times, of course). The first kill was from standing in a dead end alley and someone walked by, and I shot them in the back, haha. The other two kills were from me running around like a nutjob and lucking out. But as soon as I put rounds on them and dropped them, I was immediately killed by someone else. Watching those "kill cams", I can't believe how quick some of these guys get their cross hairs on me. It's damn near instantaneous. I sit there and fumble with the control trying to aim, and it takes forever. Practice, practice, practice, I guess.

It said I got "promoted" to Private First Class I, and gained the "Demolitions" thing (whatever that is).

I think those kill cams are sped up a little leading up to the kill and then slowed way down for the actual kill. They're really fast, but not quite that fast.

The back is an excellent place to shoot them.

Today, some guy in a hurry to snipe ran in and laid down right in front of me (where I was hiding). LOL

I stood up, switched to my shotgun (so he could see it on the kill cam), zeroed in on the back of his skull, refined the aim for the replay KILL-cam, and then blew his fucking head off from point blank range. It was wonderful.

Another thing to think about is camo. After you see what map you're playing, select class and primary weapon. Go through the menu items and camo is the last thing. I change that every single time and it really helps make me invisible when I'm hiding.

Edited by Bounce12

you cant build skills either if u sit around not firing at all...i got better one i got used to aiming quickly...believed me when i first started i was getting killed out the ass too. i suggest sticking with one gun. work on leveling it up to unlock better equipment for it. i run a FAL with the eotech and a flash hider, also any snipe with the acog. u on ps3?? if you are, add me...well kill sum retards sometime!!

I'm on xbox. Camping is part of the game. Check those corners or you'll take one in the back of the head.

I venture out occasionally.

3. Knife - Don't try to get that melee kill unless the dude totally doesn't see you by the time you are about to stick your balls on the top of his head.

I've been going wild with the melee kills. Once I got the hang of charging people and pushing that right thumb down, I started using it regularly.

However, I made the exact mistake you mention here. I have been shot several times as I tried to chase some guy down when I could have just shot the bastard and been done with it. The thing I like about it is that it's quiet. All you hear is a rush of air and nobody can tell where it came from.

And another thing.... since I read this I've been paying attention to the guys with the high kills counts and many of them die as much or more than they kill. One guy had 12 kills and 18 deaths. WTF good does it do to run around dying more than you kill? I asked him WTF? He said he didn't care about the "deaths." He was looking to KILL.

Shit man, from my perspective, if one dies MORE than one KILLs it's a loss regardless of how many kills you get.

I have improved to the point where I can generally come out ahead in the kill/die ratio. At first, I was dying four or more times for every kill I got. Now, I generally either break even or come out ahead.

The way Xbox scores is interesting. Deaths don't count against you in your individual score total. To me, getting killed REALLY FUCKING SUCKS. Some people couldn't care less. They just want a big kill total.

This morning I laid a mine and found two good hiding places. A guy came along, tripped my mine and died. Then he came back from the opposite direction and I shot him from my hiding spot. Then I moved to a back up hiding place that had a great shot at the first one. Sure enough, the guy came back looking for payback and went right to my former hiding place. I shot him again from the back up spot. Three kills on the same guy in less than two minutes. I moved to yet a different hiding place - that wasn't nearly as good, but fortunately the guy gave up and didn't come back.

• Like 1

I've been going wild with the melee kills. Once I got the hang of charging people and pushing that right thumb down, I started using it regularly.

However, I made the exact mistake you mention here. I have been shot several times as I tried to chase some guy down when I could have just shot the bastard and been done with it. The thing I like about it is that it's quiet. All you hear is a rush of air and nobody can tell where it came from.

Worse is when a friend is running to knife who is shooting. That guy is shooting YOU. You say, "Thanks for watching him kill me. How was that SUPER SWEET knife kill, asshole?" Nobody EVER gets it, and they still go for those knife kills as if it means something. Knife kills are easier than gun kills when close up, because they take like 8 freaking bullets but only 1 stab.

It's less annoying in other games, but pretty much every knife kill ever was a bad idea.

Edited by Twinsen

Worse is when a friend is running to knife who is shooting. That guy is shooting YOU. You say, "Thanks for watching him kill me. How was that SUPER SWEET knife kill, asshole?" Nobody EVER gets it, and they still go for those knife kills as if it means something. Knife kills are easier than gun kills when close up, because they take like 8 freaking bullets but only 1 stab.

It's less annoying in other games, but pretty much every knife kill ever was a bad idea.

I use the knife frequently but not just for the sake of using it so they can see it in the killcam. I use it when I am trying to be stealthy (ie. on hardcore when the enemy has a uav up), or when you are in a cqb situation (it is a lot more effective then running in circles with the guy trying to shoot him 6 times to kill him). Sometime I use it if I have a class set up that is a fast moving class (submachine gun with marathon, lightweight, and scrambler) because you can move fast enough to knife the guy and be on the move again before he even has a chance to aim at you.

I like to setup an ambush with my Airdrops just in case it's something I don't need like "resupply". After it drops you can see what it is but no one else can. In "Free for all" today I setup 5 kills this way 4 of which were head shots. Lately I can't use anything but the Walther W2000 so far best gun, imo. Oh yeah, the riot shield is the dumbest thing ever put into a video game, why not just give em' a "FORCE FIELD". 10 times worse than "juggernoob", imo. If you don't know what I'm talking about here you go.

Edited by chupa

I like to setup an ambush with my Airdrops just in case it's something I don't need like "resupply". After it drops you can see what it is but no one else can. In "Free for all" today I setup 5 kills this way 4 of which were head shots. Lately I can't use anything but the Walther W2000 so far best gun, imo. Oh yeah, the riot shield is the dumbest thing ever put into a video game, why not just give em' a "FORCE FIELD". 10 times worse than "juggernoob", imo. If you don't know what I'm talking about here you go.

I totally agree about the homosexual riot-shield bullshit.

All you have to do is bump someone a couple times and they're down, AND, as Twinsen said, it will stop a .50 cal round - total horse shit.

Today, I got fed the fuck up with some riot shield homo and learned to cant my mines at an angle so that they wouldn't be tripped until he was just a little past the mine. I nailed that candy-ass fuck with one mine and then I knifed his ass from behind (after chasing his bitch ass for at least 15 seconds which is a lifetime in gaming - I didn't even care if I got shot, I was on a mission to knife that fuck).

Here is another thing I learned today - as a total n00b, you'll have to indulge my ignorance. But I just found the connection speeds. I couldn't understand how I'd be sitting around a corner from someone and the instant they started to move I'd open fire and die. Then, watching the replay, they rounded the corner, saw me, ran turned and killed me before my gun started firing. I'd sit there thinking - BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPENED!

It turns out that my connection speed sucks. No wonder other people are so fucking fast. WTF? I'm not sure how to increase my connection bars, but I am at two much of the time - fucking pisses my ass off, too.

I can't wait for the day when the entire other team is using riot shields, and I know that day will come! Just like when I was playing WAW and everyone on the other team had "flamethrowers". I had no choice but to insult them every chance I got. The little douschbags tried to argue with me about "using a flamethrower is the same as using a sniper rifle",as far as skill goes?, lol. Those kids and there crazy ideas! It got to a point that they were basically hunting me and me only, lol.

I can't wait for the day when the entire other team is using riot shields, and I know that day will come! Just like when I was playing WAW and everyone on the other team had "flamethrowers". I had no choice but to insult them every chance I got. The little douschbags tried to argue with me about "using a flamethrower is the same as using a sniper rifle",as far as skill goes?, lol. Those kids and there crazy ideas! It got to a point that they were basically hunting me and me only, lol.

I have already seen this on domination matches, the entire other team was using riot shields and formed a sort of phalanx and captured the positions. It worked pretty well at first but then our team started switching to noob tubes and semtex grenades and just started blowing them up. If you hit them with a flash bang they will cover their face with their arm and it leaves them open to attacks and explosions.