Bounce, don't give up, just throw grenades.

Grenade of Grenade 6: Grenade Warfare

I don't know how it is on MW2, but on MW1 it seems more like "Sniper of Sniper 4: Sniper Warfare".

I completely gave up on going completely sniper for any match awhile ago, as I can't sit still for that long. But I just recently unlocked the "Overkill" perk, which allows you to carry 2 primary weapons and lose the pistol. So I made a class with the G36C and the Dragunov as my 2 primaries, for when I wanted/needed to take a long distance shot, I could pull out the Dragunov. But then I realized......I just plain suck at sniping in general. So I dumped the Dragunov and put the AK-74u as my second primary. I fucking LOVE that thing for close fighting. Maybe I'll give sniping another try when I unlock the .50cal 022.gif .

The only time I really see tons of grenade use, is during Ground War Domination matches, but it makes more sense. Someone's trying to capture your flag, so you start hucking 'nades at the flag. It's pretty effective.

Have you tried the M 16 with the ACOG?

The ACOG is a nice mid-range scope, fast and good distance. But it sucks in close. I'm trying to get used to open sights so I can have FMJ and a supressor. I like to be invisible. Well see you guys on tonight, in about 10 hours 28 mins. :D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hiding i think are for noobs. when u corner yerself n lay claymores around you, u show no type of skills. sure its real life situation type stuff, but cmon thid is a video game. isint that boring to j

You know... I was seriously looking forward to this game. I have always LOVED the Call of Duty series and have had many LANs just playing the first one. I own COD4 on both Xbox360 and PC and have gone

Well if you have it preordered there is a new site up for a chance to win some nifty stuff suprizeattack.com

Posted Images

I don't know how it is on MW2, but on MW1 it seems more like "Sniper of Sniper 4: Sniper Warfare".

I completely gave up on going completely sniper for any match awhile ago, as I can't sit still for that long. But I just recently unlocked the "Overkill" perk, which allows you to carry 2 primary weapons and lose the pistol. So I made a class with the G36C and the Dragunov as my 2 primaries, for when I wanted/needed to take a long distance shot, I could pull out the Dragunov. But then I realized......I just plain suck at sniping in general. So I dumped the Dragunov and put the AK-74u as my second primary. I fucking LOVE that thing for close fighting. Maybe I'll give sniping another try when I unlock the .50cal 022.gif .

The only time I really see tons of grenade use, is during Ground War Domination matches, but it makes more sense. Someone's trying to capture your flag, so you start hucking 'nades at the flag. It's pretty effective.

The ACOG is a nice mid-range scope, fast and good distance. But it sucks in close. I'm trying to get used to open sights so I can have FMJ and a supressor. I like to be invisible. Well see you guys on tonight, in about 10 hours 28 mins. biggrin.gif

I don't use it either. I use the red dot.

Just recommended the ACOG because you still maintain your peripheral vision + zoom.

Plus, COD 4 maps are small. No need for a sniper rifle unless thats your preference.

See you in 9 hours and 7 minutes

Edited by THE RIPPER

I actually did rock the ACOG on the M16 for awhile. It was a decent setup for semi-long range shots.

But I've since dumped the M16, as I started hating the 3-round burst. I started to prefer FA and have been rocking the M4, AK, and as of recently, the AK-74u and G36C. I just can't get used to the ACOG. Like has already been said, it screws you during close up firefights. Even though it's only, what, 1.5X, it's still too zoomed for my preferences.

Also, it takes away "Range"? What's up with that? I've heard using the ACOG on any gun, increases Damage, but I don't see anything indicating that in the gun stats when the ACOG is selected. Only the loss of Range is shown. I don't get it.

......The ones we are playing have a bunch of lamo's walking around not capturing flags.

That's another thing I don't get. Why even bother playing Domination, if you're not going to capture flags.

So many times, I'll be laying at the flag, capturing it and some douche teammate will be literally running around me......not helping capture. I'm thinking; "Hey douche, get over here so we can capture this faster!".

......The ones we are playing have a bunch of lamo's walking around not capturing flags.

That's another thing I don't get. Why even bother playing Domination, if you're not going to capture flags.

So many times, I'll be laying at the flag, capturing it and some douche teammate will be literally running around me......not helping capture. I'm thinking; "Hey douche, get over here so we can capture this faster!".

It boggles my mind. But then you get to talk a bunch of shit in the lobby.

I'm finally starting to play with people I know(thanks for popping in and killing some people last night Ripper)and the game is getting a lot more fun. If you get a good sized team going, you can dominate almost any game you play. My buddy and I ran into a couple guys last night and teamed up with them and the first match we got our asses handed to us but the second match we blew them out....hard. They wouldn't even go for a rematch, I guess cause we where talking so much shit in the lobby. :haha:

everybody should post up their psn name mines

(motopilot1)

Mines D26NY .

I'll add you and bigcec1 next time I jump on (or add me if you get on before I do). I don't have MW2 yet. Still rocking MW1, but once I hit level 55 on MW1 (and I'm not going to Prestige!), I'll go pick up MW2. I've already played with SuperHawk a few times. He's a killing machine. Great to have on your Team. Shitty to go up against in a CageMatch. :eek:

EDIT:

1) I sent motopilot1 and bigcec1 add requests

2) I just checked, and Target has MW2 for PS3 on sale for $40!!!! (in-store only) I have to go into work early today, but I'm gonna have my girl run over and grab me a copy if there's any left. So I might be able to team up with you guys soon, on MW2.

You guys think I'll be missing any sort of "training" by completely skipping the single-player mode campaign, and going straight to multiplayer? I assume the controls are the same as MW1, no?

Edited by -Shooter-

I need a better tv some of maps the people blend in to good if they are standing in front of me its to dark and I wont see them

Shit, I have a 52" LCD and I still miss people at times, right in my line of sight.......and I have damn near perfect vision. I find that if I make smooth turns, and not twitchy movements, I can see people better when scanning around.

Yeah controles are the same its been a while for me to play mw1 but the maps are gona take some getting used to hehe exept i think your d pad you use for your kill streaks just gota look on your right side there is an up down left right and it will show your inventory but its cool to play some campain or even some black opps to get a feel for it

Edited by bigcec1

Since I've been unemployed the last 2 months, playing Modern Warfare 2 is about all I've done. Could be looking for a job, but eh, I'll get off my ass sooner or later. The Barrett with double Glocks is a hot combo. 240 with AA-12 is mean too.

Anybody here feel free to friend me on Xbox Live: Cherrybomb093

Edited by dannyfantasy

I've been playing MW2 for a bit. Got to the part where you have to make your way through the Favela.

Might try MP soon. My internet is acting weird, though.

Leveled up to 10. Rocking the SCAR with a red dot.

The graphics seem a lot better, compared to MW1. The maps also seem more detailed and bigger. Also, I can see what you're talking about now bigcec......LOTS of places where you can lose sight of someone. The maps seem darker, in general, compared to MW1 maps.

I'll probably be on late tonight. Sometime after midnight (Eastern time), if any of you want to play. I like how you can see the stats of people on your friends list, even when they're not signed in.............eventhough mine are horrible compared to everyone elses.

I want to hurry up and finish the single player campaign, because I want to try out that museum level thing, when you push the red button. Looks like fun.

Edited by -Shooter-

I don't think there is anything to the museum. It's not something you can win - I don't think.

You don't win or get anything for it, but its fun to hit the button and fight them off though. Or go through and execute them while the are standing still. Grenade the divers out of the tank is funny.

I don't think there is anything to the museum. It's not something you can win - I don't think.

I know. I just want to enjoy the chaos :D . I've been watching YouTube vids of it, and it looks crazy fun.

My girls son plays. I haven't got on there yet, his PSN name AUSTIN1297.

Hijack his PS3 and get on there!

I was just added my girlfriend's friend's boyfriend. She (my girl's friend) was yelling into her man's mic, telling me to propose to my girl.....during the middle of a match. I'm not sure she realized everyone could hear her. It was pretty funny because she kept going on and on. I bet she annoyed the hell out of everyone else, though.

Gonna jump back on in a bit.

EDIT: Superhawk, or anyone else.....is there a way to join a friend who's already playing? Or is only if they invite you? When I get sign in, and see any friends and it shows "X is playing Team Deathmatch in the Scrapyard" (or anything similar)....is there a way I can join them, or do they have to invite me?

Edited by -Shooter-

just pop on a message and tell them to invite you I know htere is anouther way my bro does but I forget how he comes into my games all the time

OK, that's what I was thinking. If you happen to find out from your bro, let me know.

Fun game Bigcec1 and D26NY aka -Shooter-

Showing -Shooter- some of vantage points on the game.

post-6703-12624985673956_thumb.jpg

Hey, that's me! :super:

Thanks to both of you, for showing me those spots (and thanks for not shooting me off that damn hanging thing I was climbing up :lolol: ). Sorry I had to bounce out so quick. My connection was acting up, and has been for a few days. I'm gonna go get some single player time in, so I can finish it ASAP.

See you guys on there later.

Hey fun game yeah if u ever just wana go learn some of the maps just make a private match and go explore one of the maps and remeber to check your map in the corner and if you have been in a spot for a little bit and your entire team is on the outher side than the enemy may be coming towards you keep that in mind good luck and see you in the game

just pop on a message and tell them to invite you I know htere is anouther way my bro does but I forget how he comes into my games all the time

OK, that's what I was thinking. If you happen to find out from your bro, let me know.

Thanks to both of you, for showing me those spots (and thanks for not shooting me off that damn hanging thing I was climbing up :lolol: ). Sorry I had to bounce out so quick. My connection was acting up, and has been for a few days. I'm gonna go get some single player time in, so I can finish it ASAP.

Like i said in an earlier post, check out the Special Ops missions.

IMO, way better than the single player missions.

One mission is where one player is in the AC 130 providing air support for the other player to reach their objective.

Another mission is the same thing but with a helicopter.

Those require two players.

The rest of the missions can be played by one person if not two.

Some pretty cool stealth missions and others where you have to hold off oncoming troops.

A few of them are OK but some of them are really cool.

Great to play when you are having connection problems when you are playing multiplayer.

Hey fun game yeah if u ever just wana go learn some of the maps just make a private match and go explore one of the maps and remeber to check your map in the corner and if you have been in a spot for a little bit and your entire team is on the outher side than the enemy may be coming towards you keep that in mind good luck and see you in the game

I'll have to do that; check out the maps in a Private match.

I actually managed to get up on that spot you guys showed me in Highrise, during a Team Deathmatch. Miraculously, I managed to jump onto that spot in the first try, without falling off. I made it to the first corner of the ledge, then got a kill from there. Then I made it to the front ledge, facing the wide open and other building, and got another kill. I started making my way over, and of course, someone shot me down. That's gotta be a bitch to make it all the way without someone seeing you and blasting you off the ledge.

Like i said in an earlier post, check out the Special Ops missions.

IMO, way better than the single player missions.

One mission is where one player is in the AC 130 providing air support for the other player to reach their objective.

Another mission is the same thing but with a helicopter.

Those require two players.

The rest of the missions can be played by one person if not two.

Some pretty cool stealth missions and others where you have to hold off oncoming troops.

A few of them are OK but some of them are really cool.

Great to play when you are having connection problems when you are playing multiplayer.

I'll have to give that a try. I like the stealthy missions (I love Splinter Cell games).

I beat single player campaign this morning. I literally played straight through 'til I finished, from my last post saying I was going to play single player. The ending was kinda blah. Makes me wonder where the next MW will be. Because Nikolai said ".....I know a place", when talking about how "they" are gonna be after them now.

I went through the Museum level. That was pretty fun. That "Juggernaut" guy is crazy hard to kill. Well, I haven't been able to kill him yet, actually (aside from when he's still "frozen"). I've heard it takes like four .50 headshots to take him down.

There are some Juggernaut missions in the Special Ops.

Those are some of the OK or crappy missions.

Those Juggernauts are a pain in the ass.

I haven't finished single player.

I"m saving that for when I getting burned out on MP and Spec Ops.

And those days when there are connection problems.

Have Fun! 022.gif