When the Nazi's were rizing to power, my wife's relatives fled the country.Realizing they could not take alot of things with them, they sold there posessions and bought this rifle.Side by side 16 ga with a 6.5mm under.

post-21-1073437240.jpg

Edited by stevem
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm not an expert, but based upon what I've seen, high-end units (which this gun obviously is) going for at collector shows, I would think a moderate sized bundle, especially depending upon who is the manufacturer. Cast around on-line for leads to houses that specialize in investment grade European firearms such as yours. JMHO :dollar:

• 7 years later...

I really do not remember. I have not handled the rifle since the pics were posted in 2004. I'll have to take a look at it again sometime. I had it all figured out back then, but it was a long time ago. BTW, my user name used to be stevem......lost password+defunct email=easier to just create a new account!

i have never handled a drilling myself.. If its a Merkel... its probably worth a small fortune... Very pretty!!!

I am actually amazed at the speed of the reply in what would normally be termed a NECROTHREAD!!! LOL

:smoke:

• 1 year later...

found:

Well, I can't tell you much about this drilling except who made it and where it was made.

Gewehr Fabrik means Gun Maker or Arms Maker, so the maker was H. Ansborg.

It was made in Zella-Mehlis which is a town near Erfurt, Germany.

and:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=349384825

nice piece.

I knew a couple of people years ago with "Drillings". One was a 12/20/30-06. IIRC, the forward trigger controlled the gooseneck hammers(you could discharge both barrels if both hammers were cocked), and thre rear trigger was the rifle barrel, cocked on action open. Could be the other way around. Many "survivalist" prefer Drillings to standard Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun loadouts.