56 members have voted

1. 1. "SHTF" section?

As suggested by Azrial, here is my plea to the moderators about a Forum section simply called: "SHTF". This would be a perfect place for all the threads and people who like to discuss "Doom & Gloom" scenarios, emergency planning, Survival Skills, etc... I know this would not be hard to implement, i feel it would be a nice addition to this forum.

thanX in Advance,

-RoughRider666

I decided to make this a voting post to see where interests lye.

By the way...feel free to post your thoughts & Ideas about this.

Edited by RoughRider666
  • Like 2

Not a bad idea.

Zombie attacks may not exactly be on the rise, but major disaster sure as hell happen often enough and can hit anywhere. A collection of info to help people help themselves when things go wrong is always a good thing in my book.

im the hell outta here if this turns into a "survivalist" forum. thats all I have to say.

there are a couple of awesome AHTF threads here that cover ALL of it, so....well....I gotta strongly disagree here, and am saying so....

Just a thought

Make it like "Fight Club".

"..........can only be seen by registered members, and is password protected.........."

There are mixed feelings on this.

Maybe this can help both parties.

Anybody here can go to a Survivalist Forum if they want to.

A lot of members here already have a relationship.

There is a level of comfort and respect here.

Edited by THE RIPPER

Meh. I don't think it's needed.

It's better to be very good at a few things than mediocre at a lot of things. This isn't a survivalist forum, but the topic comes up occasionally in conversation, and I think that's good enough. It's enjoyable to discuss a particular topic related to the subject, briefly. A whole section devoted to the subject would change the flavor of the forum.

im the hell outta here if this turns into a "survivalist" forum. thats all I have to say.

there are a couple of awesome AHTF threads here that cover ALL of it, so....well....I gotta strongly disagree here, and am saying so....

Then remove all the POLITICAL sections and threads as well then, because there are plenty of "other sources" to get them from around the internet...

there is and has been a lot of SHTF and survival threads here and they are welcome....

I just don't know if we need a specific section for them..

Not opposed to the idea either.....

It's better to be very good at a few things than mediocre at a lot of things. This isn't a survivalist forum, but the topic comes up occasionally in conversation, and I think that's good enough. It's enjoyable to discuss a particular topic related to the subject, briefly. A whole section devoted to the subject would change the flavor of the forum.

I agree with the above posters. This board is likely the subject of intense scrutiny as it is, adding the "survivalist element" would draw unwanted attention. It would also take away from the spirit of the site, which should be focused on our beloved saiga rifles.

Think about it.... :eek:

I agree with the above posters. This board is likely the subject of intense scrutiny as it is, adding the "survivalist element" would draw unwanted attention. It would also take away from the spirit of the site, which should be focused on our beloved saiga rifles.

Think about it.... :eek:

Yeah, i do see your point.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the SHTF section is a good idea as long as people use it responsibly. I look at it as a matter of the difference between the theoretical and the practical. My degree and life deals with Applied Mathematics (if you watch NUMB3RS you know the type of math I am talking about) as opposed to Math Theory (or just Math as it is commonly referred to). So when I look at things I try to see how they can be used and to what end instead of simply enjoying the knowledge itself (not a bad thing just not my bent). To that end I see this board as not just dealing with the greatness that is the Saiga 12 in all its configurations, but how it is used and what its potential is. I find it difficult to talk about this without taking into consideration the situations that might prompt us to reach for our favorite Zombie-Stomper. So we can discuss situations without sinking into the political and/or apocalyptic rhetoric.

Just my $ .02.