Quitting is the easiest thing to do in the world. Staying quit is the hard part. My dad quit for7 years, then started up again. he died 9 years ago of cancer., BUT I can't rule smoking as his cause of cancer. My Grandma died when she was 86 or 97 or something and would blow you out of the house with her smoking. No cancer. I smoke, and it sucks. It it hellashilly expensive and stinks. Good luck. I've quit hundreds of times over the years. The food you used to think was good sucks! (except HOT food!) Please stay quit. I'm with you on this one bro....

Quiting smoking was the best thing I ever did 16 or so years ago. I was finally able to do it once I threw away all the nicotine patches and other shit that I expected to make the process easier. Its only after I made up my mind that its just going to be tough to quit and accept that for what it is that I was finally able to get over the hump. I also just got plain angry at the hold that smoking had on me. Anger can be a great motivator, too. Good Luck!

I've quit since march 18th. this is my umpteenth time, once for four years. i'm still on the lozenge. they really help. i don't want to smoke any more,just the lozenge. i need to start weening myself. good luck. one tip for success. don't ever pic up another one. ever.

Good luck, I hope you can stay quit. Quitting breathing is easier than quitting smoking. My wife told me that I had to quit buying guns or tobacco, and was gonna cut me off of my gun allowance every month if I didn't quit smoking. I tried Chantix last July 1st, by July 10th I put them down and now I am smoke free and have this to show for it.

post-21372-12574882586994_thumb.jpg

post-21372-12574882837803_thumb.jpg

Thanks everybody for your support, y'all are funny as hell :lolol:

I got the Chantix again and after 7 days I tore up the smokes that were left in my last pack and threw them in the trash, gathered up all the ashtrays and threw them in too. I do know the key to staying quit is NEVER pickup another one :ded:

Good luck to everyone else who is trying or wanting to try, quitting aint for pussies :haha:

My gun allowance just went threw the roof :super:

Thanks folks.

... My gun allowance just went threw the roof :super: Thanks folks.

That is exactly how my friend did it! He put a gallon glass jar beside his bed and put the cash in there nightly from his 3 pack a day habit. When he got enough he would go and buy another gun! He is still quit 20 years later and has a nice collection!

I only smoked for a couple of years, but quit it cold turkey, only way I could. I was a complete and total asshole for about a month, which if you ask most of my friends meant I was slightly less sociable than normal. Since the nicotine got all the way out of my system, it's been smooth sailing. Now I chew on toothpicks.

I only smoked for a couple of years, but quit it cold turkey, only way I could. I was a complete and total asshole for about a month, which if you ask most of my friends meant I was slightly less sociable than normal. Since the nicotine got all the way out of my system, it's been smooth sailing. Now I chew on toothpicks.

Congrats...keep it up, but be careful, toothpicks can be tough to quit too. :)

Another thing,if you drink that makes it twice as hard to quit.I had to stop drinking for 6 months because they went hand in hand.I smoked for 25 years and its been 10 since i quit cold turkey.I look back now and think how f*ckin retarded i was for smoking all those years.Why/how anyone smokes now at $5 a pack blows my mind.

Edited by Pointer

wow 5 bucks a pack is cheap... i'm payin 8 and change for marb lights...pack a day adds up to more than 3 grand annually... guess i gotta think about bein a quitter too

edited to fix a typo

Edited by 86camaro

Congrats on quitting!

When my time comes to quit, I hope it's easier than most say it is :unsure: .

... My gun allowance just went threw the roof :super: Thanks folks.

That is exactly how my friend did it! He put a gallon glass jar beside his bed and put the cash in there nightly from his 3 pack a day habit. When he got enough he would go and buy another gun! He is still quit 20 years later and has a nice collection!

Holy shit! 3 packs a day??

Daaaaaaaaayum!

wow 5 bucks a pack is cheap... i'm payin 8 and change for marb lights...pack a day adds up to more than 3 grand annually... guess i gotta think about bein a quitter too

That's pretty much what it is here in my part of NY; $8/pack. Luckily, I live right near the NY/PA border and buy my smokes in PA. $50/carton.

Or, there's a reservation about 45 minutes away, that the last time I was there, they were $30/carton.

Another thing,if you drink that makes it twice as hard to quit.I had to stop drinking for 6 months because they went hand in hand.I smoked for 25 years and its been 10 since i quit cold turkey.I look back now and think how f*ckin retarded i was for smoking all those years.Why/how anyone smokes now at $5 a pack blows my mind.

Drink??....Me???... :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Trust me when I say, if I drink alcohol, quitting smoking would be the LEAST of my problems :haha:

Good luck man. I mean that. At least you are trying. I hate smoking. I've made it a habit to hate smokers too all my life if they are inconsiderate with their nasty habit and don't totally respect my right to breath clean air. (or at least free from their personal pollution cloud)

It's really sad how some people let it control about every aspect of their lives. They just don't realize how much they are truly enslaved, and how much better things would be for them, and all those who come in contact with them, if they would just stop doing it.

As said above, the financial gains alone should be enough to tip the scale...then there's that little thing called cancer....:killer:

Good luck man. I mean that. At least you are trying. I hate smoking. I've made it a habit to hate smokers too all my life if they are inconsiderate with their nasty habit and don't totally respect my right to breath clean air. (or at least free from their personal pollution cloud)

It's really sad how some people let it control about every aspect of their lives. They just don't realize how much they are truly enslaved, and how much better things would be for them, and all those who come in contact with them, if they would just stop doing it.

As said above, the financial gains alone should be enough to tip the scale...then there's that little thing called cancer....:killer:

Bro, believe me on this one... WE KNOW ALL TO WELL HOW MUCH WE ARE TRULY ENSLAVED!!

It just sucks Sooooo much dealing with the agitation that comes with quitting!

You should try quitting... Don't piss for 2 days.

That is what it is like. You try not to think about it, but it is all you can think about. Eventually you feel like you are about to explode!

I personally spend around $300.00 a month on Camels.

But be prepared... We are the new "er" that society deems fit to persecute & we know it. I get to pay for everyones kids healthcare through my tobacco tax & I don't even have kids!

So when someone comes up to me while I am outside, relaxing after a stressful event & starts pussy-aching about me smoking... DUCK! Because I will tell them exactly where to shove their opinion.

It is as if I don't have enough grief with this shitty addiction & someone confronts me outdoors because they smell something!?!

Do the same people chase down people with visible emissions coming out of their tailpipes? NO.

What about people with body oder? That is a damn sight more annoying to be in line with a rank filthy douche than getting a whiff of smoke from 20' away.

If they think it will kill them, they should "run for their lives".

If they come off all in your face, they may find themselves doing that anyhow. :angel:

• Like 2

I buy 2 packs a day (avg) more on the weekends. $6.50 a pack + tax. Not to long ago I ran the numbers through a calculator and it came out to around $5k a year :cryss: Managed to quit for a few weeks, noticed that when I did quit there were more asshole drivers out on the road :)

Started buying cheaper smokes. Gotta quit now.

Oh an 2 cups of 20oz coffee everyday @ $1.50 comes uot to $1095.00

Alcohol...forget about it dont think I could do the math on that.

If I quit smoking, drinking, and coffee I could prolly save at least $15k a year. :eek: Thats sad!! Now I need a drink!

I buy 2 packs a day (avg) more on the weekends. $6.50 a pack + tax. Not to long ago I ran the numbers through a calculator and it came out to around $5k a year :cryss: Managed to quit for a few weeks, noticed that when I did quit there were more asshole drivers out on the road :)

Started buying cheaper smokes. Gotta quit now.

Oh an 2 cups of 20oz coffee everyday @ $1.50 comes uot to $1095.00

Alcohol...forget about it dont think I could do the math on that.

If I quit smoking, drinking, and coffee I could prolly save at least $15k a year. :eek: Thats sad!! Now I need a drink!

I got a scope and a 30 round steel mag for the SKS yesterday :super: