I looked at and fell in love with this pistol last weekend. I like the fit and concealability of it's size. I am a newbie to the 1911 style pistol. I looked at the Kimber SIS, and Ultra carry II in the same size while there as well as the Springfield EMP. The Kimber is a sexy little bitch but I have heard mixed reviews. The New Agent has "Gutter" sites and the looked appealing because there were no sites to snag. From a defensive range sites don't really matter as much anyway. Does anyone have one of these or can chime in on any of the other models. I may try a local gunshop/range that rents guns to see if they have these available to go test out.

Thanks!

My primary concealed carry is a Kimber Ultra Carry II. I have never had an issue with it although I'm not 100% sure what issue your referring to in your post.

If the issue is complaints about it being a short barreled compact and easier to have FTE issues then that's not from the design as much as it is due to limp-wristing the weapon while firing. My 10 and 12 year olds have shot the UCII a dozen times and never had a FTE. I did warn them about limp-wristing it ahead of time.

As far as feeding it, it has not had an issue with Wally World cheap crap, reloads, or the Federal 230 Grain Hydra-Shok JHP's I keep it loaded with .

Hope this helps.

Edited by John in AZ

I've had the cheap end 1911s first a taurus government and now a Rock Island Arms compact (3.5" officer's). Both were/are excellent reliable weapons. The RIA kicks less due to the shorter barrel since the round has un-burnt powder left before leaving the barrel. This however also results in some muzzle flash. I'm not completely through brake in on the RIA but it has yet to give me issues and the Taurus I customized so I can't speak for it in stock form.

A 1911 is a 1911 the design is pretty difficult to mess up and I left the 1911 style pistol for only a short time before returning because I loved it so much. They all shoot incredibly smooth. On Kimber they are a beautiful pistol, however my local gun store doesn't carry them anymore because they were getting too many complaints and having to send back too many pistols. They had less issues with the cheap RIAs, Taurus's and Colts so that is what they currently stock. If you want to go with high end I believe your best bet is to go here:

www.fusionfirearms.com

I'm building a 5" scout for my brother and the barrel/slide/frame fit is the tightest I've ever seen. If you buy the kit you can easily build it for under 1K.

Good luck and too bad you don't live closer or I'd take ya to my personal range and let ya let the lead fly to see what you liked.

Good luck,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

I have only fired one 1911 and it was a fullsize with custom trigger and compensator that was my range masters. It shot flatter than my Beretta PX4 9mm with less recoil. I started leaning towards a single stack pistol because 17+1 rounds even in a polymer pistol start to weigh on my back and hips. I have Bertolloti's Syndrome which effects my lower back and hips. Thanks for the input, I am more than likely getting the Colt since it will be for EDC but the Kimber may be an option in a full size they sure are pretty.