Anyone use Centurion Multi-Defense Buckshot?

These 12-ga. plastic wad 2-3/4 Shells are loaded with a single .650 size pellet, along with six #1 buckshot pellets, for a "solid hit". The Muzzle Velocity is 1,300 F.P.S.

The reviews I've read said they are awesome and the shot pattern is usually just like how the balls are aranged in these pics, the big .650 ball in the middle and the 6 #1 buckshot rounds surrounding it in a circular pattern. Anyone here tried them in their Saiga-12? Any problems? I'm thinking about picking up a few boxes. Not the cheapest ammo, but probably worth the price. That big ass .650 ball is reminiscent of the .69 caliber musket balls used long ago. Definitely something one wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of.

125051ts.jpg

125051its.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a few rounds. They worked on all gas settings in my 2001 22" Saiga.

We were shooting 'Reactive targets'/Mini beer kegs filled with water. At 25 yards all the balls struck the targets and the big ball always penetrated all the way through.

Damn good load for defense and it would be devastating against Deer but it sure would tear meat up.

I got a couple hundred rounds of it a while back. I've only shot about 50 rounds or so, but never had any problems in my S12 with agp mags, and factory 5 rnd. If I'm not mistaken the Centurion will work in md drums. Haven't loaded one up to test yet though.

• 1 year later...

I didn't want to make a new topic, but I'm heading to a gun show later this month and was going to pick some of these up, I wanted to know first though...

Will these work in a 22" full choke? Bore is 0.720 and muzzle is 0.682. (18.3mm down to 17.3mm) The way the shotcup fits around the ball has me a little concerned.

Also, their double ball load seems worth a shot too if I can find it. These just seem like a lot deeper penetrating slug to me, without being as hard to find as dixie tri-balls.

Edited by Tombs

These 12-ga. plastic wad 2-3/4 Shells are loaded with a single .650 size pellet, along with six #1 buckshot pellets, for a "solid hit". The Muzzle Velocity is 1,300 F.P.S.

The reviews I've read said they are awesome and the shot pattern is usually just like how the balls are aranged in these pics, the big .650 ball in the middle and the 6 #1 buckshot rounds surrounding it in a circular pattern. Anyone here tried them in their Saiga-12? Any problems? I'm thinking about picking up a few boxes. Not the cheapest ammo, but probably worth the price. That big ass .650 ball is reminiscent of the .69 caliber musket balls used long ago. Definitely something one wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of.

125051ts.jpg

125051its.jpg

Yeah, that stuff rules! And it does pattern like you see in the pics a lot of the time. I've never had a problem with it cycling from AGP mags (don't own any others).