New Saiga SGL21 - Looking for top quality Mags

Hello all. I am the proud recipient of a new AK, the Saiga SGL-21 that K-Var has had on sale.

Since it comes only with one 5 round mag, I need a few more higher capacity mags. I don't mind spending more for quality and looks, actually I would prefer to.

Since it is my first AK, and I don't have the greatest experience in what I should be looking for. Thats where all you helpful Glock Talkers come in.

What do you have for recommendations? And most importantly, where can i find them online?

Thanks.

Hello all. I am the proud recipient of a new AK, the Saiga SGL-21 that K-Var has had on sale.

Since it comes only with one 5 round mag, I need a few more higher capacity mags. I don't mind spending more for quality and looks, actually I would prefer to.

Since it is my first AK, and I don't have the greatest experience in what I should be looking for. Thats where all you helpful Glock Talkers come in.

What do you have for recommendations? And most importantly, where can i find them online?

Thanks.

sksman.com has them for $25 each. I would not pay more than that.

Thanks.

The Fiberglass ones right?

Thanks.

Yup, he lists them as: "Fiberglass magazines. Bulgarian." They are available in Black, Plum or OD. (Although he is out of Plum, if you order them he will email you and substitute black in).

There are a few other sources, but I don't have them linked here on my laptop. The main thing, is you should *NOT* pay over $25 for them, or your getting ripped off.

Thanks.

Yup, he lists them as: "Fiberglass magazines. Bulgarian." They are available in Black, Plum or OD. (Although he is out of Plum, if you order them he will email you and substitute black in).

There are a few other sources, but I don't have them linked here on my laptop. The main thing, is you should *NOT* pay over $25 for them, or your getting ripped off.

Yea SKSman has them for $25 each before shipping. After you add his shipping it will be $60 shipped for 2 mags.

they are new mags, and if he orders 4 or more he gets below the price of your used mags. I think a fair price for used+ shipped circle 10-s is $45-50 for 2. But good luck with yours. :smoke:

Mine are New....who said they were used & of course they more you buy the more you save.

they are new mags, and if he orders 4 or more he gets below the price of your used mags. I think a fair price for used+ shipped circle 10-s is $45-50 for 2. But good luck with yours. :smoke:

Mine are New....who said they were used & of course they more you buy the more you save.

No. SKSman charges 10$ shipping on up to 6 magazines. After 3 magazines it becomes a better deal to buy his new mags over your "new" mags. This guy is going to need at least 4. Thus it is cheaper per mag to order from SKSman, right?

Also, if you want PM me, I'll buy your mags because I feel bad that I stomped on your sale. :cryss:

My all-around favorite 30 rd AK mags are the Bulgarian military polymer ones, like this: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16135&cat=248&page=1

They are very sturdy, rust-proof and look great with AK-103 looking guns.

I am also partial to steel 20 rd Hungarian tanker mags. I use them a lot when I'm out shooting. 20 rd boxes of Russian ammo and 20 rd mags - very convenient.

No. SKSman charges 10$ shipping on up to 6 magazines. After 3 magazines it becomes a better deal to buy his new mags over your "new" mags. This guy is going to need at least 4. Thus it is cheaper per mag to order from SKSman, right?

Also, if you want PM me, I'll buy your mags because I feel bad that I stomped on your sale. :cryss:

I will pass on the offer. I understand that you know the price through SKSman but you dont know any deals that I can make. These are out of my personal stash so I believe I can be more flexible than any retailer and if he needs more that 2 then I can still help him out. What I dont understand is that you are using the term rip off in your post. He can get the mags cheaper from me than anywhere else & I a fellow member/contributor can put a few bucks in my pocket and the OP can keep a few bucks in his pocket. You usually have quality posts & good advice but this time I think you are offering bad advice to the OP. No love lost here man. :beer:

I bought 5 Combloc steel mags from AIM for $9.95 each. They threw in a leather mag shoulder bag as a bonus. I used these mags on Saturday with my brand new SGL21. No problems. Everything worked as expected. The first pic is 10 rounds at 25 yds. The second pic is 30 rounds at 25 yards. Both were for sighting in with open sights. The rifle required no adjustment and shot right on target. At 50 yards, my spread moved out to 6", but that's OK for me. Next trip will focus on 100 yards.

This is a great rifle... and a great price. :super:

post-18034-12577810123143_thumb.jpg

post-18034-12577810301314_thumb.jpg