Draco Pistol barrel length

I'm going to pick up one of these Draco pistols and I'm curious what the actual barrel length is. In Washington state a pistol is defined as any firearm with a barrel length of LESS THAN 12 inches. I've seen these described as having anywhere from 12 to 12 1/4 inch barrels thus making it ineligible to be carried loaded in a vehicle. So has anyone measured the actual barrel length on these from the bolt face? Also, would there be any problem either physically or legally removing about a 1/4 or 3/8 inches off the end of the barrel to make it qualify as a pistol? Thanks.

draco.jpgdracoclose.jpg

I just ordered one today.

I'll measure it when it gets here to let you know, unless someone else beats me to it.

Thanks Moe, but I saved you the trouble. I got Classic Arms on the phone and had them measure one. They said it is exactly 12 inches from the bolt face to the end of the barrel. Unless I'm missing something I think I can remove about an 1/8 inch, or back to that first or second step and be within legal length by anybody's measurement. This seems like a good car gun and it wouldn't be the end of the world if it got stolen. I just have to come up with a box for it but I can keep it fully loaded inside the vehicle, probably with just the 10 rd mag inserted.

I'm going to pick up one of these Draco pistols and I'm curious what the actual barrel length is. In Washington state a pistol is defined as any firearm with a barrel length of LESS THAN 12 inches. I've seen these described as having anywhere from 12 to 12 1/4 inch barrels thus making it ineligible to be carried loaded in a vehicle. So has anyone measured the actual barrel length on these from the bolt face? Also, would there be any problem either physically or legally removing about a 1/4 or 3/8 inches off the end of the barrel to make it qualify as a pistol? Thanks.

draco.jpgdracoclose.jpg

It is 11 1/2" just like me :lolol:

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know its an old post but the actual Washington state regulation is....

RCW 9.41.010

Terms defined.

(13) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

• 1 month later...

I know its an old post but the actual Washington state regulation is....

RCW 9.41.010

Terms defined.

(13) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

yet noone is ever trained to shoot using a single hand... gotta love legislative dumb... donkeys