gas tube adjustment

how is it done?did i miss it in the owners manual?do i put a piece of metal in the two slots at the end and turn?i saw a post somewhere.....but can't find it now!i don't want to shoot it till i know how it works.is #1 for light loads and#2 for mags?i've heard that one setting will cycle harder,causing quicker wear?any help would be great!!!

and rear sight post on mine is slightly cocked to the right.is this normal?can i put an ak style rear with the elevated front.all else fails.......i've got a korba that i can put on.thats means a new scope for the vepr!!:)

thanks Makc,i'll take it out tonight after work.

i'll look again on "the other fourm"for the correction(as of early evening last night i didn't see that correction)

thats why i need to take it out myself i guess.and see if i can sighfer it out .lol

• 7 years later...

would a high brass 2 3/4", 1 1/4 oz load be considered a "magnum" and require gas port setting #1?

Try them on #1. If they work well, then yes. If not, go to #2.

cool thanks i was just wondering because i already went to the range and wiped out a whole case (yes all 250 rounds of high brass by myself with a box stock saiga 12) and in my excitement of actually finally getting to break it in, and the guys next to me getting in trouble for rapid fire i forgot to check which setting it was on. unfortunately it was on "2" and if i did any damage its already done but it doesn't look like anything major the finish is wore off of the rear trunnion in the shape of the rear of the bolt and carrier and the gas tube is completely caked.